It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

You blaspheme the Lord and then offer hugs.

Knock it off wildtimes, enough with your new age hippie love BS.

I'm done hearing you disrespect Jesus Christ, take your "he was a good teacher" crap elsewhere.

Wow. Position noted. Excuse the hell out of me for spreading the word of peace on earth, justice, and goodwill toward ALL.

No way, not gonna knock it off. How am I disrespecting the man? He was a sublime teacher, and as I work through my own sense of truth, I believe he represents the perfected soul, the ultimate Divinity.

You can try to shut me up, but you can't MAKE me. I have just as much right to my understanding of this subject as you do, and lest we forget, I am free to speak about it without your permission.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Spreading lies about God IS disrespectful.

Jesus Christ did NOT survive crucifixion, he DIED, was dead 3 days, and was resurrected.

Saying he survived and went and lived with buddhist monks or essesnes or whatever is incredibly disrespectful, to me anyways.

I'm sorry. Wildtimes, I don't care what you'r beliefs are, I would give you the shirt off my back and the last dollar out of my pocket - But I still don't have to agree with your beliefs. And saying Christ was merely a mortal teacher and "perfected" soul is not helping anybody - its propagating myths and creating confusion about the Christ.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The Bible was written by God or Jesus the Christ? Absolutely not. The Bible is not even Gods "word" as we like to call it - it is the closest representation of Gods will that we have in literature and a book describing His characteristics and His story. I do not take every thing in the Bible literally.

And I believe that Jesus probably was an Essene in his youth, and maybe he DID travel to the eastern countries while he was in his 20's - But he did NOT survive his crucifixion. The lie that I'm trying to dispell is the rumor that some new age people and Muslims try to propogate - That he survived the crucifixion and went on to live in the mountains as a Buddhist or essene or whatever. It's simply not true. He died and then returned and talked to many as God.

Matthew 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Most know that making a book into an idol goes against God. The Bible is a false idol for all those that claim it was written by god. The Bible is nothing more than the politically contrived words of men and not only were most of the books in flux of composition well after Jesus time, they are often contradictions within themselves and against the others, as one looks at all the edits.

All that which you worsphip comes from one book that is a political device for the illiterate. The political device had people thinking that prayers get answered and god handles all. The reality is one has to be involved in Govt. and in religion to make things work, and with each step always uphold and support the truth.

Truth is supposed to be the ultimate goal, and your false idol worship in making the Bible written by god as well as making Jesus into god are both offenses to false idol games as well as making false claims. imho

I think you all will find that more and more the world, as well as folks in America, are waking up to your nonsense talk and delusions promoted from old superstitions from Nimrod and other wrong games for god tossed out for political games.

Put simply, if God so desired that Jesus was god or the bible was god's words, he would have imprinted the message on every blade of grass and every leaf of trees. Obviously, we don't see this delusional concept being accepted by 2/3 of the world, which means all you have in pure delusional nonsense. imho

If there were a god that decided to act for man, then everyone in the world would hold the same truth and religion values. We don't see that------thus all it is about are the games of man for political desires and designs for wealth and power.

Don't expect anyone to play follow the leader of religious nonsense. Karl Marx: Religion is the opium of the people

Those observing this Christian Nonsense would have to conclude they are on some drug delusion.

Faith has too often become the excuse to tell lies about books ascribed as written by god and Jesus being god.

edit on 29-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Karl Marx: Religion is the opium of the people

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
excellent book... I have never seen anything like it actually.

Jesus was so cool everyone want's him to be their idol and I would say he is the only choice and the only one that fits the bill.

I don't think the Book itself is idolized... it's like a repair manual

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Magnum, I stopped reading your post when you said the Bible is for the illiterate.

Either you're incredibly ignorant, or your trolling.

I'm done here. And I'm not even gonna explain why.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Truth is supposed to be the ultimate goal, and your false idol worship in making the Bible written by god as well as making Jesus into god are both offenses to false idol games as well as making false claims. imho

the Bible was not written by God, it was made by mankind out of recording certain events which took place long long ago in a galaxy not very far away.

who says God wrote the bible? even Wiki (and we all know their deal) does not say God wrote it...

Gods words are in red in the King James version... check it out

edit on 29-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

And I believe that Jesus probably was an Essene in his youth, and maybe he DID travel to the eastern countries while he was in his 20's - But he did NOT survive his crucifixion. The lie that I'm trying to dispell is the rumor that some new age people and Muslims try to propogate - That he survived the crucifixion and went on to live in the mountains as a Buddhist or essene or whatever. It's simply not true. He died and then returned and talked to many as God.

You have some of the issues correct. But, you are using the very words of man from the book, and everyone knows Jesus disciples were all in training and didn't do very well.

The truth is that Jesus did survive and didn't die, else there would be no words that he lived.

It is lunacy to claim Jesus oficially died in so short a time. Most take 3 days to die and have to have legs broken to make that happen.

There are so many holes in this fable's concoction that it smells to high heaven.

Jesus never died, there was never a big mircacle, and he was nursed back to health slowly. They took him down very early and he still had life. After that experience and the nutty Disciples he likely headed down to the Therapute in Egypt, and later to France as trouble occured in Egypt.

Then what you getleft with are the embellished non-sense from Disciples screwing up the truth to gain interests, influnce, and using tales of the incredible.

I think that 2/3 of the world doesn't buy your fable means you have the problem.

edit on 29-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Tossing out the fables and saying no to Faith designed to mislead the masses

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well then, lets put your theory to the test!

How about me and 10 of my friends brutally whip and beat you for hours, then well drive spikes into both your wrists and feet and hang you on a cross, and jab a spear into your heart just for good measure.

I'm sure you'll survive since it takes 3 days to die from all that!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Iason321, so, you are willing to admit his Essene background and exposure to Eastern Countries. Are you aware of St Issa? Of all the parallels between him and Jesus?

It makes so much more sense that he did survive, that they, the masters of medicine and knowledge of the mysteries, were able to keep him alive...and this is no way detracts from his being seen by his followers, and eating with them, and displaying his wounds.

It's simply more realistic, whether you like to believe it or not. It's not a rumour, either, or a "lie" that "new age people" and Muslims are propagating.

It's based on research, science, medical knowledge, archeaology, history, Eastern texts, and the now-filled-in holes of Jesus' life. He very well could have been given a paralitic while still bound to the cross, to make him appear dead...and then treated by Joseph of A and Nicodemus, his mother (a master), and the Essenes who wanted him to survive.

He would then have been a fugitive...and to flee to safety in India makes perfect sense. He had pals there. It's a much more happy story, and plausible WAY WAY WAY beyond the "resurrection". And if it's really what happened, God would've had a hand in it, right?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well then, lets put your theory to the test!

How about me and 10 of my friends brutally whip and beat you for hours, then well drive spikes into both your wrists and feet and hang you on a cross, and jab a spear into your heart just for good measure.

I'm sure you'll survive since it takes 3 days to die from all that!

Holy Cow!!
I thought you were leaving....now you're suggesting you're going to gather up your thug friends and beat Magnum to a pulp?

Jeez, Iason, that doesn't sound much like "giving the shirt off your back" to me. You 'claim' you would, but you 'speak' with venom, hatred, belligerence, threats, and ridicule!! (And the always-respectful lol, puzzled face and goggley eyes of shock.) Try reading your posts from someone else's point of view.

You're not coming across as a very nice person, nor a tolerant, educated, open-minded one.
Just in case you're interested in some feedback.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
excellent book... I have never seen anything like it actually.

Jesus was so cool everyone want's him to be their idol and I would say he is the only choice and the only one that fits the bill.

I don't think the Book itself is idolized... it's like a repair manual

That is how it should be recognized. It is the words of men and has many issues that need exposed.

This repair manual has a number of mistakes that cause the engine not to run smoothly. I think the 8 cy engine might be running on one cylinder presently and has an extreme loss of power due to lack of unity in the world.

Thus, the need to get the repair manual tuned up so everyone can fix the engine and not work against each other or in the case of Christians against 2/3 of the world and that conflict linked to wars.

edit on 29-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: pretty good analogy

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Obviously nothing I say will sway your opinion.

All I know, is that through personal EXPERIENCE, not just research, I happen to know deep down and with 100% certaintity that God is real, and that Jesus the Christ is one and the same with God.

That is not possible if He survived the crucifixon.

Wildtimes, you seem like a really nice person..... but by telling people that Christ wasnt resurrected, you could hurt someone who is new to the faith, or has shaky faith or not much knowledge - which is what I'm scared of and trying to prevent you from doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

LOL! Wildtimes.....I was KIDDING.

I would not actually CRUCIFY magnom, I am literally LMAO.

I was just saying - do you REALLY think a human could survive such a brutal crucifixion? Think of how quickly all the blood in your body would pour out just from having the holes in your wrists and feet....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Wildtimes, you seem like a really nice person..... but by telling people that Christ wasnt resurrected, you could hurt someone who is new to the faith, or has shaky faith or not much knowledge - which is what I'm scared of and trying to prevent you from doing.

I am a really nice person...what you see is what you get....

I understand also (as a professional in counseling and social work), that when people are insecure, or "shaky" about their faith, any information that threatens to disrupt that delicate equilibrium that holds it all together is terrifying.

I believe in God, and I believe Jesus was a perfected soul, and that ALL OF US contain a part of him. I believe what HE SAID. It doesn't have to destroy faith in God or Jesus! Can't you see that?

Someone is is new to the faith, shaky on it, and has not much knowledge...is entitled to that knowledge. I have faith that people are resilient enough to withstand hearing facts...and nothing I have said eliminates God, nor Jesus' example and his teachings.

I don't think scaring people into obedience is healthy; it's dictatorship, tyranny, and mind control. That's what I'm trying to dispel....fear, hatred, ignorance, intolerance, and separation. How that can be viewed as "dangerous" is beyond me.

I respect that you have had personal illumination. So have I. We are each unique beings who share an element of the Divine. We are at a crossroads; we can love each other and share our resources peacefully, or we can blast each other into oblivion.

Which way do you think it will go? I'm hopeful that the former is the outcome of today's crises. We no longer live in isolated villages, tribes, disconnected cultures, and nuclear groups that are aware only of their nearest enemies. We are aware of the atrocities committed all over the world. We are blessed to have that knowledge, thanks to technology...we can now behave as ONE collective, rather than enemy tribes.

Or....we can all perish as the Earth is destroyed, and be thrown back into the stone age again.

Sorry, but it's correct that you will never say anything to sway me away from trying to prevent THAT.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You guys say it is disrespectful, but you never say why. I think Jesus would be in favor of correcting any flaws in his story. Everybody has a different story nowdays. One way to respect something is to understand it. I was told that Jesus spoke every language when he was born. Now this is not the official story, but why say it is disrespectful to say it is a myth? Even the title of this thread denotes ignorance. A "true" book, who says that? I say move all the history books into the fiction section, non of it really happened.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I guess this one never heard of clotting factor or noticed things don't bleed much when the hole is filled with a spike. Everytime I've gotten a big hypodermic needle in my skin, it didn't bleed, else everyone would bleed to death from an IV method or transfusions.

I think there have more than enough examples of people surviving extreme trauma issues. We've seen persons scured with a rebar extruder clear though and lived to tell about it. There are many such examples.

I think even Westerns tell that when shot with an arrow, one cuts off the ends of the shafts, and leaves the element in the body until one can reach shelter, pull the shaft and pack the wound. Helps to have some nice anti-cooagulats around too. Seems like Joseph had that handy.
edit on 29-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: puncture wounds.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Jesus Christ did NOT survive crucifixion, he DIED, was dead 3 days, and was resurrected.

Sigh. I will say to you what I said to NOTurTypical when he/she talked like they were there in first person:

You were not there, friend, so you do not know. Please stop acting, and talking, like you were there in first person and an eye witness to it all. I could ask you to produce records to prove what you said, but you will just throw up the NT, which even it's authors are in deep doubt. I myself, even though every Christian in here thinks me wrong, is the Roman Family of Piso wrote the entire thing, made up everything in it, and probably did it for money.

So, have any photos of the event? Keep a journal in those days, did you? See? You were not there either, and the ONLY proof you have is the New Testament, one book of billions in the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

. We are at a crossroads; we can love each other and share our resources peacefully, or we can blast each other into oblivion.

The last thing I would ever do is blast you or physically harm you or anyone for that matter. Though I may argue with you and seem to get even a tad angry here on the forums....it is just talk, and just on an online forum.

In person I would stand side by side with you and support you no matter what your faith, even if you were an occult spiritual Satanist or an atheist addicted to heroin ....I love everyone unconditionally.

I just believe the truth (my truth) about Jesus the Christ is the correct one.....and that is what I like to debate on these forums.

Don't take any hostility I may exhibit here as an actual representation of my real life character - in person I'd never hurt or fight you....although I would stand and verbally argue with you about the Christ and I have plenty of times with friends and family !

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

do you REALLY think a human could survive such a brutal crucifixion? Think of how quickly all the blood in your body would pour out just from having the holes in your wrists and feet....

If there were spikes in those holes, it would staunch the blood flow...
and it is known, widely accepted, that it did take days for the crucified to finally die...it was a protracted process so that they would suffer, publicly. Now, if they had chopped off his head and he rose like a zombie, that would be quite something.

But they did not, and since he only hung there for a few hours, had intimate friends and family who were experts with medicinals, his legs were NOT broken, and he was given a paralitic and/or put himself into a cataleptic trance (as he was taught to do), AND he had the Grace of God on his side, and those people, the Essenes, who knew what they were doing, it's HIGHLY likely that he could have survived. Add in the fact that Pilate didn't want to have him killed, had no problem with him, nor did Herod...

it was the MOB of barbaric simpletons who wanted to have him killed. Nicodemus even pleaded his case to Pilate, who agreed to let Joseph have the body. Pilate was surprised when the Centurion claimed Jesus was already dead (too quick to need broken legs); the reported freakish weather activity also lent an air of "let's get outta here" to the place...
it was Passover, and dusk....the law was "everyone indoors".

I can completely believe that Centurion had a change of heart during the ordeal, and was complicit with the Essenes.

The shroud itself shows ample bleeding. No arteries were severed. He had a whole in his right lower side, possibly a punctured lung...and fluid would be emitted from that would when the sword was withdrawn. But, if he was DEAD, his blood would have otherwise pooled in his legs and feet. and stopped oozing as it ceased to circulate.

A dead body does not continue to bleed.

Makes sense to me...it all adds up. It fills in the blanks, and explains the anomalies and exceptions to the usual crucifixion process. Added in to the common sense and "aha! I see how that could have happened", you have a letter written by an Essene to his friends relating just how they did it in defense of allegations that they failed to help in the crisis.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join