It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hummm---more attacking gays-----sexual improprieties. uh huh

His own son came out against his views...

=====

en.wikipedia.org...(pastor)

In his 1978 book End Times, Smith predicted the generation of 1948 would be the last generation, and that the world would end by 1981 at the latest.[6] Smith supported his convictions again in his 1980 manuscript "Future Survival," postulating that from his "understanding of biblical prophecies... [I am] convinced that the Lord [will come] for His Church before the end of 1981." He identified that he "could be wrong" but continued in the same sentence that "it’s a deep conviction in my heart, and all my plans are predicated upon that belief."[7] Calvary Chapel held a New Years Eve service in 1981 for their followers to wait for the end to occur in accordance with Smith's prediction. When the world failed to end, many disillusioned followers left the Calvary Chapel movement.[8][9][10][11][12]

Smith attracted criticism for drawing connections between disasters such as the September 11 attacks and divine wrath against homosexuality and abortion.[13][12]

Smith has also been criticized publicly with allegations that he has tolerated financial[14] and sexual[15] improprieties within the Calvary Chapel movement.

In 2006, Smith was instrumental in removing his son, Chuck Smith Jr., from ministry in the Calvary Chapel movement. The Los Angeles Times reported that Smith Jr. was dismissed when he raised questions about his father's theological beliefs and philosophy of ministry.[12

edit on 25-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Oh my my-----it never ends

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Wow, you are so blessed to have a Pastor who's love for Christ is so inspiring. His testimony is a perfect example of how God's calling is the highest calling. All logic and reason would dictate someone to choose the route of worldly success, but God uses the meek and humble. And think how many have been reached by God through your Pastors sacrifice!

This is why it is so important to come to know real people in ministry, those who sacrificed greatly to be used by God. Turning on the tv to TBN or any other evangelical station and you will be viewing what you see on every other channel, entertainment. A good show. I read the story of Simon the Magician in Acts of the Apostles 8 and think of them.

I have been blessed to attend service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa and hear Pastor Chuck preach the Gospel. God gave him such a beautiful heart.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Wow, well founded copy-paste wikipedia argument there. I already knew everything you so eloquently pasted.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If, if, if, if, if,if if, and IF...

You didn't answer my Qs, but blamed most on the government which we have no control over. The election is in November, homeless people need clothes and blankets TODAY. Battered women and orphans need assistance/housing TODAY. Missionaries in other countries needs funds TODAY. Hungry people need food for their families TODAY.

We don't ask questions, we see a need and do everything in our power to meet those needs. SO how do we pay for these things all around us that need addressed TODAY????

Churches are nothing more than a stage show, a production, making tax free IRS free money for making tales.

It would appear that churches have an interesting business due to the poor function of Govt and Corporation powers that cause many people fall into a hole.

The Govt and the corporations should be filling up the holes to provide a safety net for folks.

Some churches get carried away with giving a dribble to the poor to keep their IRS status and preachers get big salaries and impressive homes. Those certainly give everyone a bad name. The TV Evangelism thing is going to blacken everyone's eyes.

But it doesn't stop there as all the bible non-sense on god just doesn't pan out.

So, it would appear that like the Masons, who exist to find the truth on religion, that the Masons would have not reason for existance if the truth of religion was widely known. The Knights Templar found the truths of religion and it was so powerfull the church thought it would fail from that truth made public.

Perhaps if everyone got to the truth that the cooperations or empires take too much and don't return to the workers, that if everyone discovered how to properly care for the people equitably---there would be no need for church charity. With the truth being known, the message so simple, and the people properly protected by proper Govt., churches would have no job promoting fairy tales and getting tax free to promote fairy tales.

This has all been going on for a long long time, except in China, Russia, Cuba, and many other nonChristian countries that work for the people's equity.

I do think if all learned the inner secrets of the Masons, Templars, Bohemians, Skull and Bones, the people would not be interested in the poorest of mystery making of church fairly tale lore.

Jesus just a human. He had a good message, I only needed to hear it once.

God nothing more than mother nature. People will just sleep late on Sunday

Churches seen to be nothing more than much ado about simple things. The Doors are open, but folks stay home.

Churches profit from the poor running of Govt. and keep those failings running. It becomes a circle of riches using the church to protect poor government. Else we'd fix the whole, not cut the baby in half. Proper run Govts doesn't have the citizens seeking charity.

Nor does a proper run Govt have need of a church telling faked up tales.

edit on 25-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Holy Smoke and Mirrors soon get exposed

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Wow, well founded copy-paste wikipedia argument there. I already knew everything you so eloquently pasted.

Well, I didn't know that church or preacher. So, I decided to check on who you both were speaking about as a Mega-Church.

I am not so impressed with what I read. Sounds like a hushed up TV Evagelist theme again.

But it appears you like that sort of thing and approve----since you didn't bother to tell us about it beforehand. And you said you knew these things.

Apppears a lot of talking that talk, but very few walk that walk, and they can't follow in the footsteps of Jesus because they don't want the truth to be known,

Those that knew the Healers and the Essene would have maintained that the central bank be for all the people's support, not just the corportate oligarchs. Those the knew the healers would maintain that health care be provided to all. Those that knew the servants to man, would never allow the politicians to be bought and paid for by corporate oligarchs that take away the people's freedom and economic wealth. Those that knew the Essene and Jesus ways would have maintained that heaven be upon the earth and all would have been maintained for food, shelter, jobs, and all the realities of nature.

Jesus didn't need or ask for tithes, and the world was a better place in the times of servants toward men.

edit on 25-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Go to a national park to meet with God, churches to throw away your money on nonsense Elmer Gantrys

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I didn't think they were worth mentioning, because the good things Pastor Chuck has done far outnumber any of this. I find your "played down tv evangelist" comment humerus, especially since Pastor Chuck exposed TBN and other televangelists for their Biblical discrepancies. Yep.

Also, he asked his son to resign from his Calvary Chapel ministry because some of his teaching was not Biblicaly sound. To me, that simply cements his integrity and devotion to God. Obviously it was not an easy decision to make.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Wow, you are so blessed to have a Pastor who's love for Christ is so inspiring. His testimony is a perfect example of how God's calling is the highest calling. All logic and reason would dictate someone to choose the route of worldly success, but God uses the meek and humble. And think how many have been reached by God through your Pastors sacrifice!

This is why it is so important to come to know real people in ministry, those who sacrificed greatly to be used by God. Turning on the tv to TBN or any other evangelical station and you will be viewing what you see on every other channel, entertainment. A good show. I read the story of Simon the Magician in Acts of the Apostles 8 and think of them.

I have been blessed to attend service at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa and hear Pastor Chuck preach the Gospel. God gave him such a beautiful heart.

Yes, and back in the day Dr. Chuck Missler was responsible for the Thursday night Bible study.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

What the hell is wrong with people? You ask a simple Q or a yes or no one and half the time you get a 2 or 3 paragraph answer??

Nothing to see here folks, move along.. move along. These are not the droids we're looking for!

edit on 25-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What the hell is wrong with people? You ask a simple Q or a yes or no one and half the time you get a 2 or 3 paragraph answer??

All your questions were well addressed and answered fully with the long term solutiuons and the failings of the churches well noted.

You asked and you did receive, but not the answer you wanted to read, or perhaps that your artificial reality could allow you to admit, else your fanstasy on god ends.

You are the one that doesn't know the values and teachings of the Essene, Jesus, and that because of this the churches have failed mankind and also allowed the ultimate perversion of Govt against the teachings of Jesus ways for living as servants to each other, or everyone living in each others care.

edit on 25-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Christians close to Satan that even slightly knowing Jesus imho

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes, and back in the day Dr. Chuck Missler was responsible for the Thursday night Bible study.

I read the Bible in about a month and moved on to other books to see the rest of the associations. Even momorized the 23 rd psalm. And every time I go into a church with a Cross of Tammuz I remember that.

It tells me to walk in nature to know God, and there I find the right ways. That then when I walk in the lower worlds that I don't have to fear the evil they sell for I have know the truth and the light.

It must be that indoctrination into the world of make believe of the Devil's teachings takes every Thursday Night.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What do you make of the ossuaries that were discovered of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus with Christian crosses on them? Odd that even their family didn't realize it was the "Cross of Tammuz".

By the way, the symbol of Tammuz was like we write our capitol "T" in English, but whatever right? I suppose that's close enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

All your questions were well addressed and answered fully with the long term solutiuons and the failings of the churches well noted.

You asked and you did receive, but not the answer you wanted to read, or perhaps that your artificial reality could allow you to admit, else your fanstasy on god ends.

You are the one that doesn't know the values and teachings of the Essene, Jesus, and that because of this the churches have failed mankind and also allowed the ultimate perversion of Govt against the teachings of Jesus ways for living as servants to each other, or everyone living in each others care.

No, I asked 3 questions and you decided a dissertation was necessary. I don't care about the Essenes. They were such fools that they would hold their bowel movements on the Sabbath because they considered that "pleasure" and "work" to relieve their discomfort.

Legalistic morons. They couldn't even get taking a dump right, why would I listen to them on the weightier matters of sin, salvation and the person and work of Christ?

edit on 25-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

By the way, the symbol of Tammuz was like we write our capitol "T" in English, but whatever right? I suppose that's close enough.

"Yeah, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we shall fear no evil."

In all the churches, the shadow of death is the shadow of the cross cast down upon the masses. Your sign

The Cross is a Roman sign for death. Also approved by Roman Pagan Constantine

=====

www.albatrus.org...

Dr. Bullinger, in the Companion Bible, appx. 162, states, "crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian Sun-god ... It should be stated that Constantine was a Sun-god worshipper ... The evidence is thus complete, that the Lord was put to death upon an upright stake, and not on two pieces of timber placed at any angle."

Rev. Alexander Hislop, The Two Babylons, pp. 197-205, frankly calls the cross "this Pagan symbol ... the Tau, the sign of the cross, the indisputable sign of Tammuz, the false Messiah ... the mystic Tau of the Cladeans (Babylonians) and Egyptians - the true original form of the letter T the initial of the name of Tammuz ... the Babylonian cross was the recognised emblem of Tammuz."

-------

Again, historical evidence points to Constantine as the one who had the major share in uniting Sun-worship and the Messianic Faith. Constantine's famous vision of "the cross superimposed on the sun", in the year 312, is usually cited. Writers, ignorant of the fact that the cross was not to be found in the New Testament Scriptures, put much emphasis on this vision as the onset of the so-called "conversion" of Constantine. But, unless Constantine had been misguided by the Gnostic Manichean half-Christians, who indeed used the cross in their hybrid religion, this vision of the cross superimposed on the sun could only be the same old cosmic religion, the astrological religion of Babylon. The fact remains: that which Constantine saw, is nowhere to be found in Scripture.

---------

This is Tammuz, whom the Greeks called Bacchus, with the crosses on his head-band.

www.albatrus.org...

==========

Isn't an old picture worth a thousand words...

There we have one more Christian exposed tor promoting lies. imho

More:

========

www.reformation.org...

www.reformation.org...

=====

www.bibletools.org...

The original form of the Babylonian letter T was †, identical to the crosses used today in this world's Christianity.

That mystic Tau was marked in baptism on the foreheads of those initiated into the Mysteries.

=======

edit on 26-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The Shadow of Death sign for the false churches

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

What do you make of the ossuaries that were discovered of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus with Christian crosses on them? Odd that even their family didn't realize it was the "Cross of Tammuz".

as a matter of fact look into where the word archeology come from... where we get it. I remember as a child I did not want to play cowboys and indians, the first thing I ever wanted to be was a dinosaur bone hunter (an archeologist)

Archeology has risen directly out of Christianity and their really wasn't a name for it before we went looking for the actual places in Israel.

it's an amazing coincidence...
edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Just who parked that gigantic pyramid outside this tomb, shown at 3:19 on the time mark? The sign of the 666 at this tomb doesn't look too good.

The Cross as a sign for Jesus did not exist in that time, it was the sign for Tammuz followers and pyramid symbols.

Besides the real tomb appears to be that of the "Lost Tomb of Jesus" in an area with Jonah and the whales symbol at Talpiot.

edit on 26-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Just who parked that gigantic pyramid outside this tomb, shown at 3:19 on the time mark? The sign of the 666 at this tomb doesn't look too good.

Besides the real tomb appears to be that of the "Lost Tomb of Jesus" in a area with Jonah and the whales symbol

where is that place they show at your noted index? what's it called?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

"Yeah, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we shall fear no evil."

In all the churches, the shadow of death is the shadow of the cross cast down upon the masses. Your sign

The Cross is a Roman sign for death. Also approved by Roman Pagan Constantine

You missed a question:

Q:

"What do you make of the ossuaries that were discovered of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus with Christian crosses on them? Odd that even their family didn't realize it was the "Cross of Tammuz". "

That's almost 3 centuries before Constantine.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

as a matter of fact look into where the word archeology come from... where we get it. I remember as a child I did not want to play cowboys and indians, the first thing I ever wanted to be was a dinosaur bone hunter (an archeologist)

Archeology has risen directly out of Christianity and their really wasn't a name for it before we went looking for the actual places in Israel.

it's an amazing coincidence...

Same here, I always had a drive growing up through school to be an archaeologist someday.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Ever wondered where your ancestors came from? The Table of Nations in Genesis has proved to be an accurate historical document showing the dispersion of our ancestors since the Flood. This is a well worth vid to watch..in it the author shows that North American tribal names have links to Gen.10 .as well as using extra biblical sources . vimeo.com... peace

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

Ever wondered where your ancestors came from? The Table of Nations in Genesis has proved to be an accurate historical document showing the dispersion of our ancestors since the Flood. This is a well worth vid to watch..in it the author shows that North American tribal names have links to Gen.10 .as well as using extra biblical sources . vimeo.com... peace

Hmmm, I'll check it out. Yes, I have wondered. I do know I'm Scandinavian, and am a direct descendent of Leif Ericsson, Viking king. That's about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join