It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Blarneystoner

My mistake, you actually said "yes, it is NEVER 'now' in my experience."
Ok, so you believe you are never now, and that you only ever know the past.

That is correct. IN MY EXPERIENCE. No one can experience the exact moment of "now" because your brain can't process the stimuli in real time. It takes time for the stimuli to process, so therefore we all experience "now" as events that actually occured milliseconds ago in the past. Why is that so difficult to understand?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Scientists have taken a vacuum and studied it and to their amazement particles appear and disappear. Creation did not take 6000 years and the big bang didn't happen millions of years ago, it is happening presently.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Related yet not related lol.

I've read once that the body replaces every single cell in the body completely and it takes about 7 years to do so which makes sense considering cells aren't immortal. My question is, if that's true then why is it possible to have the same appearance including scars and such? Isn't DNA responsible for cellular repair and growth? And if we are composed of nothing but cells how are things like scars possible?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on the subject if there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my question but I thought that it applies to the objective/subjective discussion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You are relying on your brain to interpret what is seen presently. You have to translate it into a language before you know it? Can you not see instantly, hear instantly, smell instantly?
It is known before the mind has chance to misconstrue. The mind can only work with the tools it has. True intelligence is when one is in the zone and everything flows freely, the mind is to slow, it has to process.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sigh you don´t get it.

There is no present, cause it implies time wich is a human concept that does not exist in physics.

I get what you mean and we are arguiing semantics here, but there is no present, there is only consciousness experiencing existence, it has nothing to do with a notion of time, wich present is, a mere notion of time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Related yet not related lol.

I've read once that the body replaces every single cell in the body completely and it takes about 7 years to do so which makes sense considering cells aren't immortal. My question is, if that's true then why is it possible to have the same appearance including scars and such? Isn't DNA responsible for cellular repair and growth? And if we are composed of nothing but cells how are things like scars possible?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on the subject if there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my question but I thought that it applies to the objective/subjective discussion.

For the same reason that lost limbs do not regenerate. The cells are "differentiated" unlike stem cells. Differentiated cells regenerate the same as their neighbor cells. Cells do not regenerate "en Mass", they are replaced one at a time. The cell does not "see" the entire scar, it only "sees" it's neighbor cells.

You've probably seen tattoos that become faded over the years, The amount of fading can be correlated to the amount of skin cells replaced in that area.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You are relying on your brain to interpret what is seen presently. You have to translate it into a language before you know it. Can you not see instantly, hear instantly, smell instantly?
It is known before the mind has chance to misconstrue. The mind can only work with the tools it has. True intelligence is when one is in the zone and everything flows freely, the mind is to slow, it has to process.

Intelligence? I think you mean knowledge. Semantics... but it really means nothing.

I've said what I needed to convey.

peace....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

That is a very good question and I have no idea.

I heard about cells renewing and making you a completely different person and you´d think the cells recreate based on DNA information. There probably is a rational explanation.

Ah the answer has already been given, good one, I suspected it had to do with them being replaced one by one.
edit on 14-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarity, that question always bugged me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Not we are arguing semantics here, you are. This that is happening, some call it now. This experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No, not semantics. Knowledge and intelligence are different. Knowledge is learned and it is old news, it is based on someones perception. Intelligence is not learned, it is insight and new. It is knowing not believing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well I am cause your semantics are wrong. Is the expression NOW an indication of time or not? It obviously is.

Does time exist outside human perception. No it doesn´t.

Does time exist in physics. No it doesn´t.

So as long as you call existence NOW or PRESENT, indicating time, you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

That is a very good question and I have no idea.

I heard about cells renewing and making you a completely different person and you´d think the cells recreate based on DNA information. There probably is a rational explanation.

Ah the answer has already been given, good one, I suspected it had to do with them being replaced one by one.

Well of course they were replaced one by one else you would die hehe. I think the key has to do with stem cells and the other thing mentioned by the other poster. Where does DNA intelligence come from, would be my next question? Is it similar to a computer intelligence that is programed to operate a certain way? I know evolution obviously had something to do with it but how does a program evolve without intelligent direction?

Maybe our government would learn a thing or to about how to run things efficently lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This thread is about the now being true and past and future not being true. Throughout this thread people are refering to past and future. So in this thread we call it now, so we all know what we are talking about.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

People believe in time. It is because they are deluded, to help them see the truth pointers are used. The realization that past/future do not exist and that it is always 'now' is a great break through.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This thread is about the now being true and past and future not being true.

And I´m saying the notion is flawed. I know that people call it that, that´s my whole point.

Like I said before, they either exist all three, or they don´t exist at all. you can´t have one without the other.

So instead of now people should refer to it as mere existence or consciousness experiencing existence.- answer to the question below

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I like to call it 'this'.
All there is, is this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Jeah, or IS.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by NorEaster

I disagree, time is clearly a human concept wich does not exist outside of human perception.

Your explanation was completely within human perception.

Does matter have a watch and is it running late for an appointment, I don´t think so.

You didn't grasp the implication of what I posted, and you have embraced the idea that no implication or inference exists in connection with the statement itself. That indicates that you were not able to grasp the inference that was presented, and if you can't grasp it, then there's no possible way to teach you what it is that you'd need to know for that inference to become clear to you. If you were a child, then I'd have some optimism (since the human intellect is much more supple and flexible at that stage of development) but as a fully matured adult, if that level of conceptualization is beyond you, then breaking through with a workable alternate presentation is out of my realm of expertise (and way beyond my level of concern, considering the effort involved in restructuring your intellectual foundation in a way that allows for inference to mean something to you).

Believing what you believe won't kill you, and it won't kill anyone else. You're not my kid, you didn't marry my daughter, and you don't work for me, so whatever you believe to be true is fine with me. There are plenty of people who believe worse, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Is is perfect.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join