It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just what do you people think you know?

I have read time and time again about how blind people are compared to how your eyes are open. Open to what?

I have never read anything on here concerning conspiracies that can be backed up with any evidence.

All I have ever read is wild accusations, wild theories or blantant BS.

So again...JUST WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE?

Serious question.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I don't know jack shanagans...delving on first hand information turns the crank on this side of the planet

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I would say my eyes are open to the lies, as simple as that. We can wax lyrical all night but that simple yet fundamental fact remains. Lies, FUD, propaganda and media slant.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Just what do you people think you know?

That the mainstream media in western democratic nations is consistently bias, in the same direction, so is not a reliable source of information to form your world view.

I have read time and time again about how blind people are compared to how your eyes are open. Open to what?

I don't comment on others but I used to say that "I was blind to the medias manipulation of me", because I was, but now that I have been shown, I see right through it.

I have never read anything on here concerning conspiracies that can be backed up with any evidence

Noam Chomsky, a professor at MIT, has conducted a quantitative analysis of bias in the U.S mainstream media, there is loads of evidence to back up his claim that it is propaganda in his book "manufacturing consent", maybe you should read it instead of expecting it to get handed to you on a platter.

All I have ever read is wild accusations, wild theories or blantant BS.

That's just more opinion, unless you care to prove it. Opinions are like a-holes, we all have one and they all stink.

So again...JUST WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE?

Because not all humans have the exact same level of knowledge, or type of knowledge, many have much more than me and some have less, its just the way things are.

edit on 12-3-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I know nothing....but, I'm open to suggestions......

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I know that when most people say they are "awake"...that just means they believe in things that can't be confirmed with evidence.

I have also learned that most conspiracies are nothing but pretty good fictional stories.

And ATS has made me way more skeptical and has taken most the fun out of things like UFOs and Bigfoot

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If all you have read are wild accusations, wild theories or blatant B. S., then you are reading the wrong threads.

Besides, Mr. Magoo, this is a CONSPIRACY and alternative-news website. People have the right to put their ideas, suspicions, and premonitions out there. If you want rock-solid evidence, why don't you dig some up? Even peer-reviewed journals are often proven to be wrong later on. Exactly what sort of proof would satisfy a dissatisfied person such as yourself?

The people who come on here and demand proof are the same ones, when given proof, try to debunk it or make fun of it. I get tired of those people who scream for "rock-solid proof" of nefarious government activities, as if the government is going to come out and give us solid proof of the crap that they pull on a daily basis. Now even FOIA requests are going unanswered, and the CIA is charging $15 per page, even if it is so heavily redacted that is is nothing but a bunch of black lines drawn through what used to be evidence.

Many conspiracy theories later are proven to be conspiracy FACTS. But until people are willing to stick their necks out and put the pieces of the puzzle together, it is just a theory. Will you assist and aid in finding the truth, or are you just trolling to tell us all that we're over-imaginative B. S'ers?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Where to even begin? Do you want an explanation for every conspiracy theory that has ever been proposed here, or are you interested in learning about our frame of mind and what makes us dedicate much of our time to investigating 'alternative topics'?

If what you want is the latter - I would sum it up like so: I believe truth is one of the most important virtues to be sought after. I believe that observation and reasoning will lead any intellectually honest person to come to the conclusion that there are certain things about the world which have realities different from they appear to be outwardly. Similarly, discrepancies can often be found in the true motivations behind why certain organized groups do things and their stated motivations. I believe it is part of a higher moral duty or "calling" to always seek the truth in everything. Always question what you are told, and propose alternate ideas and theories. Often those theories will turn out to be wrong, but in such circumstances, that is also a good thing, because you've further verified what was originally thought to be true. Sometimes alternate theories will turn out to be right, in which case you've gone from being deluded about a subject to being enlightened.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have also learned that most conspiracies are nothing but pretty good fictional stories.

There's a real story underneath it all somewhere. Whether or not it is remotely close to the official or unofficial story.

What I find with people that "seek the truth" so to speak, is that they realize they are being lied to by one group, and end up believing lies from another group.

The only time you get the real story is if you are in on it. And it varies from one group to another. If you are involved with one group, the other group has another inside story.

Every now and then a journalist will get some first hand accounts and draw a picture of a story. But it's usually done after the controversy is over, and people still protect the ones that got away from it unscathed.

People want the truth? But they get outraged from it, so no one tells them. That's life.

top topics

join