It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ways do you handle your temper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Seriously they needed to do a study on this? But I digress, what I really mean to ask is how do you handle your temper? I usually just slam and bang things as hard as I can and then perhaps go for a brisk walk. What are some of your methods?

Rob Waugh

TextRight handers should get into the habit of using a computer mouse, stirring a cup of coffee or opening a door with their left hand - and left-handers should do the opposite.

Just two weeks of the exercises reduce the tendency to act on impulse. In studies he showed people who try to use their non-dominant hand for two weeks keep a lid on their aggression better. So if they are right handed, they are told to use their left hand ‘for pretty much anything that is safe to do,’ he said.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Middle finger is my favourite anger weapon.
Other than that, i just listen to pony music.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i don't take my mind seriously
2nd

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I identify the cause, and then remove it from my life.

Anger is a form of response to a stimulus, like anything else. Stop exposing yourself to the stimulus, and you'll stop experiencing the response.

I will never be part of the mainstream workforce, ever; and I do not care if I starve as a result of that. I've had maybe two jobs in 20 years, other than some freelance Web design work; and that was because I knew when I left school, that if I ever got a job, I could not be trusted to refrain from literally killing a psychopathic or abusive employer.

I have identified which family members tend to be a persistent problem, and although I have not disowned the immediate family completely, my exposure to them is limited, and completely on my own terms. I don't do weddings, funerals, Christmas, or any other large scale gathering, but I have no problem with seeing them in groups of four or less.

I am not vegan, but I do not eat meat excessively, and ideally I also keep my salt intake down. I do not eat either monosodium glutamate, or artificial sweeteners, as I know that both of those things are neurological excitotoxins. I have smoked marijuana occasionally, (generally no more than once per fortnight) but I do not smoke tobacco. I generally do not consume alcohol, although do occasionally.

I do not masturbate excessively, and I have not had sex in five years. I have noticed a marked correlation between retention of semen, and lack of physical aggression. Although I am not doing so regularly at the moment, I have meditated in the past.

I am not an atheist. I believe in Kali Ma, and call on the aid of both her and the cardinal archangels at times. Although I do not do it often enough most of the time, I have learned how to regulate and purify my energy when I need to. When I do still get angry, I can usually talk myself down from doing anything too serious.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'd end up putting my fist through a wall waiting for the water to boil, my mouse is right handed only, and uhh I don't wanna make a meal every time I get pissed so I can shovel food down with my left hand, etc. It's funny though: "Forget Meditation" ... Such horrible advice.

Good to know though. TY. I'll have to try this one day.
edit on 12/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I prefer a punching bag...

Works great!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Can't really keep the temper cause of the lil underscores.....they ape me so much I want to go head on with a garbage bag....dam humorous ones.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
tai chi, wing chun. i also play guitar and bass

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Overtone chanting and Qi Gong helps with my rage.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I go to a range and set up targets that are hard to hit. Maybe it's a form of meditation as it forces me to concentrate on my shot.

Then again, I use to play Halo in a easy mode and reak havoc. Just for grins and giggles.

Most times I try try to put myself in a persons shoes and see the futility of losing your temper.

It doesn't always work.

Then again, I took a month off of ATS while I stopped smoking. It worked wonders.

edit on 13-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I used to yell & yell & yell at the cause of my anger (like my main man Ramsey), but now that I'm older and in my heart attack years, I just breathe & immediately remove or fix the cause in whatever way need be. Yes, it took many a long time long time to train myself to go from that to that, not easy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Me + Xanax = No more temper. If I do get pissed, either take more Xanax or find a different pill because my body does not handle being stressed/pissed.
Sex also works - but that requires me to find someone I do not find morally repulsive.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Am I the only person who just takes the time to breathe deeply?
Mind you, when breathing doesn't work, giving something a good kick is always nice

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Am I the only person who just takes the time to breathe deeply?
Mind you, when breathing doesn't work, giving something a good kick is always nice

I have asthma... breathing deeply is a luxury
*saying this as I smoke a crappy Pall Mall light* Oh... smoking is relaxing! There ya go.

CX

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm quite lucky in that i rarely lose my temper. I get narked by people now and again, but i usualy just let it go and don't let it phase me.

I do find that playing my guitar or banjo helps me relax during particularly stressfull times though.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join