It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS fire-hose. Not a fan. But I still 143 you ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This could go into the rant forum but it's just a little thing so I posted here. MODS, please feel free to move.

I do not have a lot of time to spare and I love this site. The "old" ATS fire-hose had a quantifying meter that stated flags and replies.

I think the site needs this back. I go to certain posts based only on the forums they are posted in. But to view all threads that have interests among the entire ATS community, the previous fire-hose let me do that. It's small thing Mr./Mrs. ATS. can we bring it back?
edit on 12-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Have you seen the new ATS Trending feature?
Trending stats

If the link doesn't work, look at the top of the page and click "ATS Trending Pages". A realtime animated graphic of replies and things.
edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Cool link...
Thank You!

I agree with the op still though..

I miss it..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just checked it out. Too many moving icons for me and I'm not an epileptic. I'm not an "oldschool" guy either but this "trending" thing has gone to far. Too trendy for too long is not good.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You're welcome. I must admit to not knowing what the old firehose page looks like as I only recently used it. I normally just hang on the new topics page until I discovered that the firehose page has a longer list of new topics that scrolled off the bottom of the new topics page. Now, who can enlighten me as to what "I still 143 you"? Some kinda leet speak, secret code or Illuminati code?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Not sure if it's like this for all, because my phont keeps changing and messing up...

But now it goes left to right while still in column format, plus as the op said no ratings to gauge by..

used to have stats, plus it was in order in easy columns, that part might just be my silly comp though.?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds a little bit like the "Where's the customise option?" that was posted recently under Board Business and Questions. Maybe. I'm quite new here so it's the only way I've known ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Hey light speed... not sure about this one, just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks dude, and the op says he is not trendy.
It's a new one on me but then I guess I'm kinda old school, or at least old.

edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I just looked at it (fire hose), hear hear, where the stats go? How am I, of little patience, to tell which newer threads got cheese? And trendy thing is good to a point:

Too short,
updates too quick,
when stuff drops off page, how do I find it?
and who are all these members sitting on a thread but not making posts on it?

just observing...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I totally agree. I like the "trending pages" feature, but I can only see like the top 25 posts on my tiny little netbook (small screen).

I liked the old new topics fire hose page. Being able to see the flags helped me pick and choose which threads I wanted to read, but at the same time I could see every thread posted in the past 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Mark me up there with not liking it as well. It sucks.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a couple weeks ago I posted a thread outlining exactly all of the above complaints about the new firehose format but even with one of the mods sending a message to SO and me bumping the thread recently there has been no reply from admin.

The new firehose is indeed horrible compared to the previous and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why it is being left in it's new form. The trending page shows that the firehose is very popular so I presume it's new format is frustrating a lot of members.

On a positive note, I'm spending much less time on ATS now that the new firehose format does not facilitate my search for interesting threads.

edit on 13-3-2012 by dainoyfb because: I typo'd.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Not sure if it's like this for all, because my phont keeps changing and messing up...

But now it goes left to right while still in column format, plus as the op said no ratings to gauge by..

used to have stats, plus it was in order in easy columns, that part might just be my silly comp though.?

Yes, it takes much more effort to read now that you have to scan back and forth across the page every three titles.

I also agree about the missing stats. The whole idea behind flags is that you can gauge the communities assessment of the importance of a thread, but that doesn't do any good if you can't see the flags.

top topics

join