It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Lucid dreams show the future..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A few years ago I had, what I know now to be, a lucid dream. I have not had one since. The one I did have was on total accident. At the time I was more into my christian foundation and thought it was a vision from God. A day after the dream I wrote about it on yahoo answers...answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Alx6TBrEMbLJ9jzFTT.jspXty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100509180323AAAOWMe

Google Video Link

from about 4:45 to idk 8:00 what the author was speaking about
------------------------------------------------------------
Now, I interpret the dream as this: I, or something inside of me recognized the presence of "God" or "Christ" or "Christ consciousness" I levitate upwards as I am called "home"... It could be the rapture of the church (in christian terms). Or, with this 2012 ascension stuff, it could be an indication that i will "ascend"... Ultimatley, IDK.. But I yelled out "Thank you God" when I levitated up amd felt in my heart a sort of warmness feeling I cant descrie. And the fact that I remember the dream in detail years after it happend leads me to believe it in fact was "lucid" and maybe the begining of an astral rojection. But I havent really spokedn to people about it.

What do y'all think? Is there a lesson to be learned from any lucid dreams??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i've noticed my dreams are more psychic in the early morning when i'm not sleeping as deep. which is when lucid dreams are most common
edit on 12-3-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lucid dreams may show the future to some. I have lucid dreams almost nightly. It started when I was really young and realized I could control my dreams so it wasn't just random events. My lucid dreams range from Alien invasions to a complete war zone. So mine have never shown me a vision of the future. Although on several occasions I have experienced real pain that is associated to what is happening within the dream.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

For some, lucid dreams do show the future.

For others, like myself, they're more clairvoyent.

I'm able to see/sense events happening as I'm dreaming. I can tap into the global consciousness or something as small as a workplace party 20 miles away.

A recent example would be when I had a dream where a plane crashed right in front of my house. Then I woke up and 1 of the Top 3 News stories was "American Airlines cuts 13,000 jobs".

Another example would be when I had a dream where I saw my workmates having a party at work. I then showed up at work later that evening to realize that it was someone's birthday. I'm a casual employee and don't really know my workmates, so the chances of knowing it was someone's birthday was very slim.

There have been many more occasions where my lucid dreams have allowed me to see/experience events as they happen, albeit in a slightly different way as it is in a dream afterall.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

For some, lucid dreams do show the future.

For others, like myself, they're more clairvoyent.

I'm able to see/sense events happening as I'm dreaming. I can tap into the global consciousness or something as small as a workplace party 20 miles away.

A recent example would be when I had a dream where a plane crashed right in front of my house. Then I woke up and 1 of the Top 3 News stories was "American Airlines cuts 13,000 jobs".

Another example would be when I had a dream where I saw my workmates having a party at work. I then showed up at work later that evening to realize that it was someone's birthday. I'm a casual employee and don't really know my workmates, so the chances of knowing it was someone's birthday was very slim.

There have been many more occasions where my lucid dreams have allowed me to see/experience events as they happen, albeit in a slightly different way as it is in a dream afterall.

yeh, but any psychic phenomena shouldn't be looked at as if they were different from one another. seeing the future and clairvoyance are workin by the same mechanism(whatever that happens to be)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
yeh, but any psychic phenomena shouldn't be looked at as if they were different from one another. seeing the future and clairvoyance are workin by the same mechanism(whatever that happens to be)

Yeah that is true.
One thing I always tell skeptics who question me on these abilities is:

Experience it for yourself, then make up your own mind.

I was rather surprised when I found out they taught my 9 year old sister 'meditation' at school which is wonderful!

It's time they taught these special abilities that we all have within -- in schools and so forth instead of leaving it to the pseudoscience community.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I certainly hope so.

Something that has been occupying my mind for quite a few months now has finally appeared in a dream I had last night. ( Just having woken up about 4 hours ago).

It was nice. Calm. Peaceful. Light. Sweet.

I've never wanted anything do bad in my life.

new topics

top topics

join