It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am stunned by how ridiculous American Television has become...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Yeah!!!!!! Now that's real T.V.!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TuXXXeR
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Sounds like this is the film for you then. It's a period piece.!

God bless america

I starred you for artistic insight...however, it wasn't so insightful for me. I did though get the jest of your message

Oh and BTW, that was kind of weird...I'm sure I missed something

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Hey! I love Dance Moms.

Abby Lee is serious about producing workable/employable dancers. She's been teaching for 30 years.

Normally - the mom's drop their daughters off - - and leave.

The show is designed to be about the mom's - - as much as it is about their daughters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But Hey! Don't let me interfere with your cartoons.

I appreciate your insight....though I think I will skip the episodes

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Reality TV was started by a big writer's strike in Hollywood. They said, hey, we've got no scripts, let's just put some morons in a room and film them talking to each other. Then, hey, presto! The morons liked it! They realized, we don't need to pay writers, we don't need to pay actors, the idiots will actually BEG to be allowed on these shows, and we keep ALL the money!.

ANd now look what you've got. Glad I don't get much American TV down here. Mexican TV is way worse, I know it's hard to imagine how it could be worse, but it is, much worse, and even stupider if you can believe that, so I just don't watch TV at all.

Yeah, you pretty much summed up SAG vs. Non-Union Actors. My hubby has been a member of SAG since 1977 and someone approached him about our 1979 4 Speed Trans Am. They wanted him to bring our car onto the screen. Well, he was all in for the show until they found out he was a SAG member and hence canned his guaranteed appearance (as they put it) on the show at the last minute and several thousand dollars laters that he spent to get the car ready for "The Show".

Not to mention he was put up against an Audi R8 and he completely (as did their personal drivers) shredded that little Audi R8 to pieces. To say all in all, our lil' piece of Pontiac History is a well kept a secret....shhhhhhh

In all honesty, if it haden't been for my hubby's long affiliation with SAG (Screen Actors Guild) he would have made the show and won the $50,000.00 prize.

The name of the show is "Come Drive With me".

Come Drive With Me

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I mostly stick with HGTV and news. I too am older (53) and remember shows that were probably silly but still cool like Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, The Monkees, Lost in Space, Star Trek and many others. I haven't really watched network TV since Lost ended. My boyfriend likes the reality crap, I find it mind-numbing, myself.

Are you kidding me.....Gilligan's Island is my favorite show along with Star Trek!!!!!!!!!!! Bewitched was also very cool. I also favored Buck Rogers, The Adams Family and the Munsters.

Holy Hell! They were all great. But now, we have reached the dying age of television.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If you look, you can find good shows.

Nat Geo has a lot of good shows, as well as the sci fi channely, syfy channel,science channel has been my big favorite expecially lately.

But then I am nerdy and I like documentaries. I think How its Made is a great show. lol

I must agree, most of those shows are pretty good. I despise the types like The jersey Shore and the Kardashians....things of that nature.

I don't want my children being taken into the homes of some other dysfunctional family....ours is enough

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Well here's one for you...

1960 Foghorn Leghorn

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

This one is for you my friend

I know the music is new...but ya know...it's cool

edit on 4/18/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

P.S. I really like cartoons too.
One of my all time favorites is The Last Airbender.

I also like Kung Fu Panda and I love the Penguins of Madagascar.

try those.

Do you likey

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm still distraught over the cancellation of Mad House on A & E. Apparently, they hate rednecks over there. I dvr Nash Bridges. Deadliest Catch, Duck Dynasty, Dog The Bounty Hunter and a handful of others.

Cannot stand the commercials so I FF through them. Like todays radio, I cannot bare what's on TV these days and anytime my people are mentioned, we are stereo-typed or laughed at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join