It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities between Freemasonry and Carlos Castaneda's research into Toltec Sorcery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have noticed many similarities between fm and the underlying information provided by the author Carlos Castaneda in his books describing his experiences working with shamans.

In "Journey to Ixtlan" the author describes how he had received letters stating he should not be revealing this information by writing his books.

Any other Castaneda readers here notice anything that they thought notable?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

No offense but...

Without giving us examples of the similarities... how are we supposed to make a personal decision?

Short caption? Snippet?

Go Go Gadget Quotation Marks?

*scratches head*

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe the scholarly opinion is that Casteneda was writing, mostly, fiction.

Cecil gives the Straight Dope on Castenada

Salon Magazine on Castaneda and the Big Con

Peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

I have read a few Castenada books and really don't think his stuff was anything like Freemasonry (perhaps that is because I don't have a fuller knowledge of Freemasonry).

I do know that Carlos Castenada also didn't seem to know much about the Yaqui Indians.

edit on 12/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Carlos Castaneda and his followers were and are an enigma inside an enigma ( like fm ) He gets a college degree title for his research into anthropology ( central native american sorcery ) but his books timelines/story do not match up. He never explains this but his writs reveal that he may have experienced awareness as a double ( psychological or occult phenom ) he writes about repressed memories/experiences which he only becomes aware of later due to impetus, he experiences more than one version of reality, there was a core group ( party of sorcerers ) of a specific number with some titles.

I posted this for the masonic researchers who may be seeking the ancient source of fm apart from the christian perspective of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There is no resemblance. One group consists of mostly old overweight men sharing fellowship and performing misunderstood rituals, the other group consists of mostly alienated youngsters tripping out on far-out ideas about perception and reality.

join