It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration asks court to hide link between Google and NSA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
DOJ Asks Court To Keep Secret Any Partnership Between Google, NSA

The Justice Department is defending the government's refusal to discuss—or even acknowledge the existence of—any cooperative research and development agreement between Google and the National Security Agency.

The Washington based advocacy group Electronic Privacy Information Center sued in federal district court here to obtain documents about any such agreement between the Internet search giant and the security agency.

What happened to all that transparency that Obama promised?

Continuing and expanding Bush's trampling of the Constitution, torture, secret renditions, citizen assassinations, prosecuting whistle blowers, the Patriot Act, expanding the TSA, signing the NDAA..

Think SOPA is dead? Guess again. It WILL be signed into law after the election UNLESS Ron Paul is President. EVERY other President will continue to kill our rights.

Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

No disrespect but you do realise this has been going on for a while now, right? Long before Obama was a household name.
Tapping at the source (ISP's)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Laughing at the supposed transparency!

Back in 2010,it was ask about the google-nsa alliance.

Google's facing a gaggle of questions over reports that it's working with the National Security Agency. According to a story first published by The Washington Post on Thursday, Google's enlisting the help of the NSA to better secure its electronic assets. The partnership is reportedly a response to the recent attack on Google's networks -- you know, the one that led to the whole "we're leaving China" debacle. The news, not surprisingly, is generating a wave of reaction on the Web: Is this normal? Is our information still secure? Is Google really evil after all? And has the NSA been writing those crazy Google interview questions all along? I'll leave those last two in your hands to decide. As for the rest, I spent some time sifting through the facts to find some answers.

www.pcworld.com...

Why the concern?
Anyone using the internet is being tracked for key words.

Go back to this thread on ATS back in 2003.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh,and if you noticed,the OP to that thread didn't last long on here after that.

MMMMM............

edit on 12-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And everyone keeps using Chrome, Google.com, Gmail etc.

Sure, they are probably monitoring everything, but why do business with the internets largest search engine, when they have branched out into every aspect of communication. You gotta know the government is going to be working hand in hand with them.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Any everyone keeps using Chrome, Google.com, Gmail etc.

Sure, they are probably monitoring everything, but why do business with the internets largest search engine, when they have branched out into every aspect of communication. You gotta know the government is going to be working hand in hand with them.

You didn't even mention the android operating system..
One which you have to have a gmail account to use..

Which we do not get the android operating system
for free.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And do you know that google and all those apps will be the new "computing system" in the near future ?
No more programs, no more hard drives,everything online with easy control for the goberment to shutdown at will.

It's funny,cause I was talking to some techy guy for education the other day,and he was really excited about it.

edit on 12-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The internet has always been monitored.

Geeze - - - its the 007 of today. If your job is to monitor foreign or terrorist activity - - - you're gonna use what they use. The Internet.

Should the average citizen be privy to Spy activity? NO.

Sometimes the self-entitlement is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yep.thats right,all those apps on all these mobile devices ,incorporating cloud will eventually mean the end of computing as we have known it in it's short life span.

code.google.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have been hating where technology has been going for a long time. When I first heard of cloud computing, it scared the crap out of me. I realize that one day I may just have to give up computers and the internet.

They will do a good job of marketing the idea of having everything on the cloud. They will probably make it cheaper too. It only makes people more dependent on something/someone else. They love dependency.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

And that,my sir,is where they get you.

Easier.Sugarcoated .
It has been going on for a long time ,leading to this.
Control.
The populous becomes comfortable and reliant on a new shiny toy,then they use it against you,then take it away,causing panic and,well,you know the rest.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by kdog1982

I have been hating where technology has been going for a long time. When I first heard of cloud computing, it scared the crap out of me. I realize that one day I may just have to give up computers and the internet.

They will do a good job of marketing the idea of having everything on the cloud. They will probably make it cheaper too. It only makes people more dependent on something/someone else. They love dependency.

Oh yes it will be cheaper..

No harddrive will save companies a bundle.

but if the internet goes out
you know where your going to be?

Up a crap creek, because you will not be able
to get the data..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Oh yes it will be cheaper.. No harddrive will save companies a bundle. but if the internet goes out you know where your going to be? Up a crap creek, because you will not be able to get the data..

Thats right!
Thats why it's better to have an external portable hard drive to keep all your goodies in.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cloud, a five letter word that fills me with dread. I cant believe the amount of people who think this is a good thing. I know lets store all my stuff personal and otherwise on someone else's system, what a great idea..not

top topics

join