It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who were the forerunners of civilization Yezidi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You could at least elaborate a bit.
Your post takes the cake as the post with the least substance.
Congrats you're a winner

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Perhaps its a performance art piece?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Perhaps, but that's my point.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Yazidi (Yezidi) Read about them Here

...Never heard of them until i just googled them...

they sound interesting enough...

They seem to be Indo-Iranians

or Arayans...

Your probably hinting that these people are linked to angels?

Maybe that their the descendants of angels?

edit on 3/12/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dogtalesfrom2011

I thought we werent allowed this... wheres the Mod's today/tonight??

elaborate or close this thread, like i need information roughly explaining what your talking about to have somthing to work with... if i wanted to be googling stuff.. well i'd go to google...

I thought we were meant to be well rounded individuals throwing idea's about and trying to explore the unexplored/unexplainable on this site??

No??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
sorry my brothers left poorly prepared my view is where they originated and others who will Succeeding in civilization archaeological materials such as spells and rituals that link their language also makes me fascinated

nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/publications/afs/pdf/a1395.pdf

edit on 12-3-2012 by dogtalesfrom2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 12 2012 by Jbird because: fixed link to show .pdf

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ugh, man, please separate your text into coherent paragraphs. The subject sounds quite interesting, but walls of text make my eyes hurt.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ah the large copy and paste is now gone so this post is no longer needed
edit on 12/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

This factor, which was the main reason for the erroneous epithet “devilworshippers” being applied to the Yezidis, is more evidence of the Islamic mystical roots of this sect. Such apologia for, or rehabilitation of, Satan (and among the Yezidis there is even a taboo on this word) is typical of early Sufis, who consider Eblis (the Devil) more monotheistic than God.

Such is Mansur al-Hall„j, who (like Ahmad al-Ghaz„li) appealed to learn tawhid (monotheism) from Satan (cf. also ‘Ayn al-Qoz„t Hamad„ni, who emphasized that “not everyone can fathom that both Eblis and Mohammad claim to be guides on the Path. Eblis guides one away from God. God appointed Eblis the gatekeeper of His court, saying to him: ‘My lover, because of the jealousy-in-love that you have for me, do not let strangers approach me’” [‘Ayn al-Qoz„t Hamadani, apud WILSON 1989-90, 45]).

nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/publications/afs/pdf/a1395.pdf

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

edit on Mon Mar 12 2012 by Jbird because: added ex tags, link, cut quote down

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
no more room

nanu nanu
edit on 12-3-2012 by MorkandMindy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MorkandMindy

Why are you cutting and pasting large pieces out of a PDF? I would suggest you just link to it and pull out a few selected comments, and put them in under ex-test - oh and thanks for putting in paragraphs, but people can read it quite well in the PDF

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

oh, my boredom just had to make the mass into something different, people nag about everything these days.

kay-o?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Code: A black snake, standing on its tail, is seen carved or painted on the side of the door posts of many Yezidi shrines

code: can be found in the sacred valley of Lalish, the Yezidi place of pilgrimage, one of the details of the most famous shrine of Sheikh Adi (or Central Shrine), which contains the tomb of Sheikh Adi (the character's most important holy Yezidi sacred history, which is believed to be an earthly incarnation of the Peacock) and other religious leaders as angels incarnate Yezidis, the image is carved from huge snake standing upright on its tail, blackened by coal from the holy lamp, the door

edit on 12-3-2012 by dogtalesfrom2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The serpent, its veneration and related symbolism, constitute one of the enigmas and mysteries of Yezidism. Many present-day Yezidi myths concerning the serpent are most probably of a secondary nature, which when attempting to explain this ancient symbol, actually place it in a much more recent mythological setting. The first part of this paper tries to reconstruct the myth and the symbolism of the (black) snake in light of its ancient cultural heritage and Gnostic doctrine. However, since this approach would entail far more in-depth and substantial research, the author has, within the context of the present paper, only pinpointed a few elements, which could be of Gnostic, or even older, origin. The second part of the article focuses on the brass image of a serpent and a branch of a wish-tree, which were discovered in Yerevan by the author. It describes theses artefacts (a sacred serpent, which resembles a dragon more than a snake, and a bamboo stick), as well as the cult, which has formed around these objects. Despite several interviews with the owner of the relics and other Yezidi dignitaries, the origin of the objects could not be fully ascertained

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Probably one of the tribal civilization that have been around for tens of thousands of years?.....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I'm doing an interpretive dance right now in reply to this thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i think they are descendends from Angels

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by Hanslune

I'm doing an interpretive dance right now in reply to this thread.

Clap

Well done, in the same spirit I've stood on one leg while humming the battle hymn of the repugnant and putting a rather rancid package of sauerkraut thru the disposal

new topics

top topics

join