It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
where's the triangle

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

OMG THE TRIANGLES!~!~!
edit on 13-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

what is that Letter/Rune Klingon , Visitor (Reptilian), Movie V, Predator ( yautja ) Gray, Ancient Hebrew ? LOL..
edit on 13-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thats an amazing image. Looks like maybe slammed into it or maybe an eruption on a major scale. Never seen anything like it. Kinda makes you feel weird and think that the sun is falling apart.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Beautiful. Somehow it reminds me of Easter...

The Sun dies, stays in a tomb for three days, and rises again.

April 8th is Easter, of course Good Friday would be the day you should make sure you got plenty of firewood, three days worth to make your own heat...and a lot of it (heat that is). I'd imagine if the Sun went away for a vacation it would get pretty f'in cold. In fact, I think it would be wise to be in a shelter well insulated underneath sand or something. An ice age and then a period of warming would likely follow.

Ever notice how a candle flickers just before it goes out? Kind of looks like the bottom left of that triangle in the MPG. That burst looked particularly massive, but what do I know, I'm just a writer. Would need some sort of flint to reignite though, like a gaseous comet colliding with it, just a large nuclear detonation of some sort. The re-ignition would be particularly hard felt on any planets with a turbulent atmosphere, say an atmosphere that had all of the liquid in it's air freeze at the molecular level and plummet due to the forces of gravity. Oceans and continents would likely shatter, split, and make that world very different than it appeared only a millenia previous. Shelter in a sandy environment would be important as an insulator and because rock would likely be splitting pretty heavily with the temperature fluctuations. This would mean earthquakes for sure, and tidal waves of ice. New oceans and lakes would be formed where these massive blocks of ice would ultimately bed.

This should go into another topic, but, it somewhat fits here; kind of like forcing the wrong peg, say pentagonal, shape into a triangle shaped hole...

But, what if you actually knew the secret of life? Or I should say, a BIG secret of life? But at the time of knowing it, you knew that the generations after you, the ones that would need that knowledge, would likely speak an entirely different language, have a completely different philosophical view on just about everything, and be comprised of technologies even your advanced society may not comprehend? Perhaps they would be more advanced, perhaps far less. All of these things you know are true and are most assuredly variable. You would do your best to make sure a certain section, or sect of people, always passed the information; but that too is a variable and would be tough to rely on. Wars over ideology, natural disasters, quite simply, the normal evolution of an intelligent conscious species, would have a great chance of destroying the passage of that knowledge. How would you even know that thousands upon thousands of years later people would even hold some fragment of that powerful truth; a truth that that is a very real threat to their existence, and therefore your own immortality? You wouldn't know, the only hope would be to pass it down as the cornerstone of philosophy through ages.

You, as in mankind, would have to constantly be sure that through the ages the philosophy and moral of the story molds to the societal and philosophical mindset, and always endure. Possibly the truth must evolve from stories of the stars, to a personified story involving man, so that the meaning would survive mankind's developing reason. Many of mankind would have to believe in that truth with such a faith and undying devotion as to kill through many viscous wars to protect it, with out even knowing why, just on faith. How do you pass and teach that faith? All so that when the time comes, and the Sun dies, you will know 3 days later it will rise again to save the souls of all mankind, past, present, and future. But if the truth somehow died, if they didn't prepare for the Son of Ra, or the Sun of God, to be reborn, they may all parish. All of them, past, present, and future. So they, at least some, must find a way to cling for several millenia to a tradition, a philosophy, of a story that prepares them; even when they will have no logical proof of what shall come their way?

So I ask again, if you were to try and tell mankind how to prepare of the devastation that is so distant in the future that the shape of these very characters on your screen, pages, or walls, would be completely unrecognizable and useless? They, our offspring millenia from now, may be using a technology you could only dream of, or, they may be trying to bash your message with a rock trying to make fire. How do you pass that knowledge on? That's what our ancestry has done for us. We built man made mountains so that we would know the story. We killed billions of our own over millenia just on faith to protect it, with out even always knowing it.

Should the sun fold up like a piece of origami, a comet collides with the earth, or we nuke our selves potentially out of existence, the answer to this question is where your focus should be if you happen to be one of the few left.

I need to write another novel I think, mostly I just research and write boring books about ancient culture.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse1111
Tonight Venus, Jupiter, and Mars will form a triangle in the night sky. I am sure it is all a coincidence (yeah, right).

I took Astronomy I and II in college. I have never before seen a sight such as the one today of the Sun. I know that technology is getting better, but these things are just awe inspiring.

Whatever the ride...I am ready. TPTB, Illuminati,etc are no match for Mother Nature.

Venus, Jupiter, and Mars will always form a triangle in the night sky given any date where all 3 are visible at once...
A triangle is made up of 3 points, no matter where you place the 3 points, a triangle will be formed if you connect them together.

As for the sun, it's like seeing a gigantic triangle "opening" in the clouds. It's a visual anomaly, humans are good at picking out geometric shapes in anything. Give a man a slice of toast and ask him what he sees... chances are a triangle will be burnt onto the toast in one place or another

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

My point is that you see this:

And say it is a solid triangle, and not your mind filling in the blanks.
When really the hole looks like this...

www.lmsal.com...

Which is not exactly a triangle or anything of much interest really.
You are calling it a triangle without seeing the whole shape as it truly is.

With that said, I am done arguing with those who refuse to look at facts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hope this thing isn't going to spread across the sun - just thinking "and the sun will darken for three days" holy moly!

Of course it's not.

Just keep an eye on it

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

unbelievably,,when that area is zoomed ,, magnified,,etc,,
the magnetic/plasma/matter/coils,,look just like,
a sackcloth weave,,
Ripley's Belive it or dont,,lol

Me.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's hard to think it at first, but I can accept now that it might be random/pareidolia. Had to download a years worth of images first, but then realised you can make out all types of things if you look enough. Haven't found anything like that triangle shape yet, but found these :

Alien Grey (you have to spot it yourself!) :

Another triangle :

Zorgon, bored one day, decides to carve a Z in the sun :

Those are just from last years images (so if you say, download a decades worth you might see things way stranger than the traingle shape.) and can be downloaded here by selecting one of the four EIT types, then picking a date range : sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is it turning into a black hole? Im not sure the life cycle of a star. or what part of the cycle the sun is in.

supernova?
edit on 13-3-2012 by informationstorage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Little mood music anyone? That triangle in the sun has me thinking:

Pink Floyd - Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The area does look darker when compared to other regions, however the "dark" areas are still massively hot.
Also, if you were to look at the "dark" areas by themselves, they would be bright.
Have a look at some other current photos in different resolution/spectrum.
SOHO lattest images.

Starting 2010 August 1, EIT is obtaining only two sets of images in these four wavelengths per day. The Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) obtains EUV images of the Sun every 12 seconds, and links to those images (updated every half hour) can be found at the SDAC latest images page.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I dont agree with Phage and the rest of you who say that everybody else is imagining a triangle. I think what you should really be saying is that the layer on top is covering up part of the triangle as the sun moves.

Take this image for example. Are you saying that the sun is not circular in shape? Is the sun only the shape of what can be seen? Think of the cloud as the top layer of the sun.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is a good example of how a view point can be changed. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Imagine if you had never seen anything from any view point except like can be seen through a specialty lens or computing programs. Now imagine how foreign this world would look.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

As far as explanation for the pyramid, coincidence perhaps? Dark patches on the Sun are just the "cooler" areas of the Sun. So this pyramid is just an area that has a lower temperature.

I alwayse thought that the darker spots were hotter than average.
They just appear darker because instead of energy being given off in the visible spectrum the energy is in a different wavelength so it just doesn't produce "light".

It's been forever since I read up on stars and their cycles though, I stick to applied physics mostly.
I like to actually be able to poke what I'm working on.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Nassim Haramein ring a bell to anyone?

This looks exactly like the vector equilibrium he is talking about in all his videos. Basically he says that everything in nature,from atoms to cells, and all planets and suns are made from this basic geometric form. He says that intersecting tetrahedrons are the basic geometry of all nature.

If I understand him correctly, one tetrahedron radiates everything thing our senses perceive, while the opposite tetrahedron creates gravity and the force that makes all atoms, suns, galaxies, and our universe spin. What some people refer to as zero point energy. This is when we see things like sun spots and what creates anomalies like the bermuda triangle.

This is the second part of a two part video. It's very long but if your interested he describes the vector equilibrium being part of all of natures reality and sun's center actually being a black hole. (which in a weird way accounts for the suns triangle sunspot your looking at)

It's the same geometry everyone has seen in the movie "Thrive"

Anyway heres the video. (you might have to watch the first part to understand the second part)

edit on 13-3-2012 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
it is just sun spots but it is kinda strang it must be the 11 year cycle it goes through it starts doing strag stuff and spitting plasma and charged particls at us

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join