It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why do some people let their analytic power in the locker room?
It is an interesting image for sure.
I would qualify it of "unusual", "impressive", "beyond my understanding'
but why do interesting topics often twist into tabloid freak show?
Where the **** can you see a pyramid?
And when you present us material, don't you look at it and try to understand it first?
can't you see the circled shape can not match the dark area on the photography? the scale don't match?
People complain that some ATS members are too harsh, but there are so many websites filled with useless crap and inadapted vocabulary already that I'm starting to think we do need to be exigent...

nevertheless

Peace

Logiciel

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by abeverage

Any three points form a triangle (there is no pyramid).
The coronal holes do not form a "solid" triangle. Your mind is filling in the blanks.
dictionary.reference.com...

Are you serious? You know the solar wind is blowing way above that triangle right, obscuring part of it with a firestorm in botttom right corner. You can still see the vast blackness below it, and compare to firestorms outside the triangle. Clearly there is a perfect trinagle the size of the sun below those surface firestorms.
edit on 12-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Here you go www.swpc.noaa.gov... It's a coronal hole, a very large and Strangely Shaped one.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

To me it looks like a solid mass,

but I have also been spending too much time on this site.

But just look at the lower left hand corner of the triangle...does it look solid?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Damn guys i think i know what it is. It is the outside layer of the black hole in the center of our solar system that we call the "Sun", evaporating, getting sucked into the hole, or simply disappearing. The blackness you see is actually the black hole finally growing big enough to be visible from the surface in certain areas.... In the coming months the rest of the "Sun" will be swallowed up as well.

This is where the nightmare will start.

Maybe this was what the mayans knew, hence their calender ended later this year.

This might also be why we have those pyramids left behind... As a warning of the pyramid in the sky!

Edit: You think i am fearmongering? Well sometimes reality can be scarier than your worst imagination.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Wait until solar maximum comes, you will be seeing all kinda crazy crap on the sun. This is most likely that scenario but that not that bad just leading up to it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

A black hole would spaghettify it's surroundings into a circular disc of it's rotation. It could also appear spherical but never like plane geometry.

The sun is about 14% the mass capable of creating a solar black hole.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
[url=http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

some good pictures in all spectrums, from another thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Relax, it's just the stealthed mother ship bursting out of the Sun's corona.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

These are my favourites.Quite an interesting shape. I've never seen anything like it before. Very cool!

edit on 12-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
And here is the latest image guys...

Is there really anyone still doubting?

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by NeoVain

A black hole would spaghettify it's surroundings into a circular disc of it's rotation. It could also appear spherical but never like plane geometry.

The sun is about 14% the mass capable of creating a solar black hole.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

You know what you just said is only a theory right? No one actually experimented with a black hole to actually know these things yet... so still just a theory. Like the earth was flat, 500 years ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Damn guys i think i know what it is. It is the outside layer of the black hole in the center of our solar system that we call the "Sun", evaporating, getting sucked into the hole, or simply disappearing. The blackness you see is actually the black hole finally growing big enough to be visible from the surface in certain areas.... In the coming months the rest of the "Sun" will be swallowed up as well.

Maybe this was what the mayans knew, hence their calender ended later this year.

This might also be why we have those pyramids left behind... As a warning of the pyramid in the sky!

OMG I Just went from curious to scared sh**less, lol, I laugh because Im nervous now.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

It's as bigger as the sun, so I would say that there will be a helluva party in this solar system soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

It's as bigger as the sun, so I would say that there will be a helluva party in this solar system soon.

what kind of things can come from this?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

OMG I Just went from curious to scared sh**less, lol, I laugh because Im nervous now.

Well, since we're still here I assume that triangle is harmless. But I'll tell you this: Whoever is coming through that portal, is doing a helluva entrance.

edit on 3/12/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Its real data from observation, but sure, nano black holes are created in particle accelerators, at trillions of degree's F, they have nano mass and last for nano seconds. Nano means one billionth (part of).

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Someone who has a serious fetish for pyramids and triangles.

Sumerians used to call them "Anunnaki"...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, since we're still here I assume that triangle is harmless. But I'll tell you this: Whoever is coming through that portal, is doing a helluva entrance.

edit on 3/12/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

well that's good, as long as it's friendly

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Someone who has a serious fetish for pyramids and triangles.

Sumerians used to call them "Anunnaki"...

lol!!
edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join