It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leeangqi

So what´s the difference. Why is the OP one unnatural? Because it has more seemingly straight lines?

Is this one unnatural too? It must be, it looks exactly like an exclamation mark.

What is your alternative? Are you implying that there is some form of intelligence with the power to control the suns corona?

Please, explain this to me, cause you have completely lost me here among other things.

You don´t make any sense at all, no matter how many emoticons you use, overusage wich is often a good indicator of having thought things through thorroughly.

edit on 13-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) are thought to be caused by irregularities in the magnetic fields of the sun's corona. Given that the magnetic fields often flow in straight lines, like slices of an orange, triangular shaped mass ejections, or ones with straight lines in them would be fairly commonplace.

twitpic.com...

The material is ejected from the sun by magnetic repulsion.
edit on 13-3-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The sun is a living, conscious entity.

The ancient Egyptians worshiped it as the God Aten or Aton. Akhenaten wanted to make it the only God, the first and true monotheistic religion. It makes sense really, because the Aten does give us life everyday, and is seen by us daily. We worshiped the Aten, especially at dawn.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

OH GOD I'M SORRY!!!!

You know it had to be done though....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
From the looks of things a considerable mass has been ejected from the Sun. It would be interesting to know what the mass is. Some ejections can be very massive, more than the mass of Mount Everest, as one writer put it (sorry no link).

I was wondering if this is what had the earthquake triggering effect predicted by solarwatcher a couple of days before the Tohoku earthquake. He seems to have another theory of resonances and corespondences that have nothing to do with gravity.

In any case, according to NASA, we should feel the effects of this ejection on the weekend. I hope there is not another big earthquake, especially in Japan.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was going to ask if a sunspot this large signified anything regarding abnormal, above or below-normal solar activity-wise, but i see plenty of other spots in the past have covered equally impressive surface space, so never mind that. Obviously, nothing horrific happened of them.

It's an awesomely impressive formation, give Mother Nature credit where credit is freakin' due, she's the master of all arts. When we have a clear, indisputable bat signal on the sun, then I'll get worried about how abnormal it is

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The point isn't what shape it is but is it large enough and does it mean more serious solar burst.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Another interesting thing about this phenomenon is that it brings up the controversy about the temperature of the interior of the sun and perhaps of it's interior make-up. During the Soviet period in Russia, some scientists came out with the hypothesis that the interior of the Sun is of a lower temperature than its surface.

The dark lower temperature "spots" associated with CMEs lend credence to this position, in my unschooled opinion.

There might be a case of lower temperature material from the sun's core coming loose and floating to the surface of the Sun and creating the magnetic anomaly that leads to a CME and then reveals a segment of lower temperature kept in shape, sometimes triangular shape, by the Sun's predominent magnetic fields in the region.
edit on 13-3-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Our star is so beautiful.. I love Sun and its crazy transitions and transformations

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Yes there are beings who operate stars throughout each galaxy, it is their "job" in the cosmos. Something your little brain and mind could not open up too and comprehend
Enjoy the show bro

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clone23
The sun is a living, conscious entity.

The ancient Egyptians worshiped it as the God Aten or Aton. Akhenaten wanted to make it the only God, the first and true monotheistic religion. It makes sense really, because the Aten does give us life everyday, and is seen by us daily. We worshiped the Aten, especially at dawn.

Ancient cultures also worshipped painted rocks and sticks.

Just because some primates did it, doesn't make it real. Otherwise, we would be seeing deities on top of clouds tossing lightning bolts down at the ground whenever we sit on an airplane.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Posted earlier with a pun laden response. But seriously does this have anything to do with the sun getting ready to reverse it's poles? I know it happens at the end of the 11 yr solar cycle. which is upon us. Any images of sun from last solar cycle maximum? Compare the data.?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What does it matter if there is a triangle shaped blot on the sun?
I don't get what you people are freaking out about at all.

Precisely. Nobody has yet to shed additional light on this shape and its implications to Earth (hopefully its a legitimate image and not a glitch in the equipment photographing the sun). Everybody is too busy discussing the shape itself.

Only thing I noticed today is the Warm weather article on USA Today.

WARM_WEATHER

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It is not a sunspot. It is a group of coronal holes. Coronal holes do not produce CMEs but they do produce a high speed solar wind. That high speed wind is a steady stream of low density material. Depending on its magnetic configuration, it can induce low level geomagnetic storms when it encounters the magnetosphere.

The northern group of holes has degraded a great deal. It isn't likely that much will happen on Earth.
edit on 3/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's far from a perfect triangle... but it is cool nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not sure what the triangle whole shape is but all kinds of funky things are coming out of our sun as of late.

Check out this beautiful video:
youtu.be...

edit on 13-3-2012 by SahaniWaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by bastardo

Yes there are beings who operate stars throughout each galaxy, it is their "job" in the cosmos. Something your little brain and mind could not open up too and comprehend
Enjoy the show bro

You know nothing of my mind I believe in many things that aren´t provable. Please teach my little brain something and explain how that works, what is their purpose, why did they manipulate the coronal hole and make it kinda look like a triangle?

Why, and why does it matter if it looks like a triangle?

I´m willing to believe the weirdest stuff but if all the evidence says it is not uncommon why would I think that beings did it on purpose. If your want to explain I´ll gladly listen.

Bro.

edit, first I thought you were being sarcastic, then I thought not, but now I think you were again. I hope you were.

edit on 13-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyNailer

When I first saw the image from the OP, in another thread earlier, the first thing I thought was; "someone left the iron on."

Thank you's to the rational, logical posters, who look first through scientific scrutiny and then fancy

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It seems as if we are looking through a tear in the fabric of our system and peeking into the vastness of another.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join