It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

Geesh, I think I just went dizzy going in circles watching that. Did they really need to go that fast?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Uh huh. OK

Jeez, I can see why Phage always reacts like an A-hole. Never thought I´d be sticking up for him.

He is making a completely sound statement, all the pics point towards him speaking the truth but there are still people that need to post Kenobi pics and go uhhuh.

Do you realize how stupid this makes you look?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Gotta admit that even if it is pareidolia, it still looks pretty strange. And of course we're used to seeing dark parts of the sun, but not huge near-trangle shaped ones.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Read my post a page back.

Google coronal hole pic.

Watch the first pic that shows up.

Watch the other pics.

Compare to OP pic.

Come to the conclusion it is nothing out of the ordinairy.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
All your answers, right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The blue version has a shape in it that looks like Sponge Bob Square Pants about to sit down on a toilet while reading something. Very funny.

These pictures are amazing though. Especially that blue one. The colors are crazy.

I've heard theories before about large space ships that use the sun as a jump gate, or star gate or something. I can't remember who it was but I think it was a Project Camelot episode. I have no idea if or how that has been verified though I suspect it hasn't. I just think those crazy ideas are cool. Because you just never know.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I see a Dobsonian Telescope. www.telescope.com...

Maybe someone is telling us to take a closer look?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I am no expert in this field but isn't the dark spot just debris from CME's? If you look at the following Video and go to the 2.20 mark he sort of explains this.

www.youtube.com...#!

You notice the 2nd blast was in that direction too.
edit on 13-3-2012 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
And i bet the apex is at 19.5 degrees!

Since all other anomalies in the solar system are.
Sacred Geometry?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
wow pretty amazing pictures!

any sun-gazers in here?

I will have to sun-gaze tomorrows sunset and see if the naked eye can spot anything?
The ancients say the you can stare into the sun for the last 30 mins before it
sets and not damage your eyes and actually absorb energy.

I have done it many times and no problems with my eye sight, try it, it might blow your mind,
just make sure its the last 20-30 mins before the sun sets.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Great Pics, thanks OP

In school teachers would tell me 'don't look at the sun or you'll go blind!' come lunch time first thing I'd do is see how long I could stare at the sun... Ya just cant trust teachers...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Well, for what it's worth and before I go to bed...I didn't FIRST see these images on this thread. I saw them on my own website where I maintain pages with all the camera feeds as well as the telemetry feeds for CME's and the like. It's been a side hobby of mine for a long time and more than a passing interest...actually a very close interest....since August/September. I almost spilled my drink tonight when I pulled up my site's images and saw this friggen monster and the fact it held it;s definition AND shape in all but 1 spectrum of the imaging NASA records in real time. THAT fact really did just about have my desk covered in sticky liquid and ice cubes.

Oh..and by the way....The look I had about 30 minutes ago wasn't one that made me feel better. There is actually another triangular set of "implied" lines outside the borders of the black one in the most recent images. It's actually far better defined in my opinion, even if seeing it isn't quite as easy. I mean the lines are continuous far more than the black area. (I'll ignore the OUTRIGHT line that appears DRAWN on one of the NASA feeds less than an hour ago....That HAD to be an artifact or literally drawn...)

Anyway... We'll all see....but I just wanted to note the fact that the OP simply posted a thread on what I'd already been thinking and I have little doubt many others were too. In fact, I have no doubt. The thread shows it....for many people.

Off to bed for the bunny now....The sun is rising and all that. Cheers to the site where all opinions can be heard without being stomped.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join