It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to "Cigar Shaped" UFOs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

There is no backward engineering involved.
We would be amazed at how simple the whole propulsion mechanism is.
Of course the ship is jazzed up with displays and other equipment that would dazzle us for sure.
Among the people involved, perhaps as mentioned and even beyond what William R. Lyne
has suggested, would be Von Braun and Willy Ley and Dr. Goddard and in general the
US Army and US and German Intel services at the end of WWII not to mention the inventor
Nikola Tesla himself.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That wasn't very funny, was it???
Sorry.
edit on 15-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I do wonder if there has been an overall drop off in actual unexplained UFOs since most UFO reports in recent years seem pretty mundane and few stand out as being that unusual.

I also wonder if maybe this has more to do with the Air Force doing less testing in unregulated air space, as well as the overall increase in the amount of research done virtually inside computers. Used to be you'd have to build something and throw it into a wind tunnel or actually fly it around to see if it would work. Powerful computers are doing a lot of the basic work these days, so there would naturally be fewer old-fashioned test craft in the air.

Also, the Air Force is focusing on their space program. No time for conventional aircraft that can cost billions and then get shot down by a $500.00 Chinese laser guided rocket.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I do wonder if there has been an overall drop off in actual unexplained UFOs since most UFO reports in recent years seem pretty mundane and few stand out as being that unusual.

I also wonder if maybe this has more to do with the Air Force doing less testing in unregulated air space, as well as the overall increase in the amount of research done virtually inside computers. Used to be you'd have to build something and throw it into a wind tunnel or actually fly it around to see if it would work. Powerful computers are doing a lot of the basic work these days, so there would naturally be fewer old-fashioned test craft in the air.

Also, the Air Force is focusing on their space program. No time for conventional aircraft that can cost billions and then get shot down by a $500.00 Chinese laser guided rocket.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Have you read "Unconventional Flying Objects" by Paul R. Hill. He saw a cigar shaped UFO and he was probably better aware than most of what the U.S. was capable of building. He was quite certain that he saw non-human technology. Personally, I don't think the U.S. has UFO-like aircraft that we never bothered to use for anything over 50 years. Doesn't that seem a little unlikely?

Here is a snippet from his biography showing that he was an exceptional engineer:

In the early 1950s Hill was part of a specially-assembled advisory panel of “great men”;[14] aerodynamicists advising Sandia Labs on problems encountered with the design of the second generation bombs (H – bombs). In addition to Hill, who at this time headed NACA’s Pilotless Aircraft Division, the “great men” listed by Dr Robert F Brodsky of Sandia Labs in his memoir[14] were Jack Northrop (founder of Northrop Aircraft), George Schairer (Chief of aerodynamics at Boeing), Ira H. Abbott (“a legendary engineer”), Ed Heinemann (Chief engineer Douglas Aircraft), Dr. Alex Charters (“a famous ballistician”), Al Sibilia (Vought aircraft chief of aerodynamics), Dr. Charles Poor (Chief Scientist Army’s Ballisic Research Laboratory), and “several other distinguished engineers”. It was Hill and Charters, however, whom Brodsky called the “heroes”. Hill’s specific contribution was in diagnosing the aerodynamic problems in the bomb design, though Brodsky acknowledges that at the time they were ignored until a year later when the Sandia scientists realized they were right. “Both experts were correct, but they were too far ahead of us technically”.[14]

In 1956 the US Air Force established project HYWARDS, with the aim of developing a hypersonic design capable of up to Mach 12, as a successor to the X-15.[15] The aerospace historian, James Hansen notes that a number of NACA engineers later joined the initial HYWARDS study group at Langley Research Centre “notably Paul Hill, configuration and propulsion…”.[15] Hill made a number of important contributions, particularly in the design of hypersonic wind tunnels.[3][16]

By 1959 Hill became involved in research for a future lunar mission. A lunar study group was established under the leadership of Clint Brown who asked for the participation of six of “Langley's most thoughtful analysts: David Adamson, Supersonic Aerodynamics Division; Paul R. Hill, PARD; John C. Houbolt, Dynamic Loads Division; Albert A. Schy, Stability Research Division; Samuel Katzoff, Full-Scale Research Division; and Bill Michael of his own Theoretical Mechanics Division”.[17] This was one of many study groups to examine a lunar mission during the period, with arguably its major contribution being in initiating the concept of rendezvous in orbit between a lander and a main spacecraft.”.[17]

Space station research began in earnest at NASA-Langley in the early 1960’s and Hill played a prominent role. The historian James Hansen describes Hill as one of two “ key members of Langley’s early space station research” (along with Robert Osborne),[17][18] with again much of Hill’s pioneering work feeding into later developments.[17][19]

Paul R. Hill
edit on 15-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know the Beings use the cigar shaped ships as transport meaning transporting materials they collect here and transport to other locations in the Universe they load these ships in the deepest of our waters where many different Beings are located.

On occassion they have the young ones on these trips so when they come and go they can see the pretty lights at night or what it looks like by day. To them our lands are a place they can not survive because there is to much oxygen in our air.

So to answer your question there are many large cigar ships you just don't see them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
All leads points to that they are Reptilians ships, and that's pretty bad news, because in one video recorded from Apollo some man was said that these ships are maybe 18 miles long ! So that's definitely some kind of a mother ship, if they aren't a smaller ones.

We can see some of them near to our Sun, just absorbing energy or something.

Here's something that all of you are missing:

APOLLO 11's launching

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
That wasn't very funny, was it???
Sorry.
edit on 15-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)
Oh I missed it I guess...the important thing to remember is that as long as you think it was funny...I often post stuff that may not be funny to anyone else....but the important thing is that I laughed.

So back on topic...I wonder if there is any corelation with the Clinton administration?

(see how that works...)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
I figured if there was anywhere on the web I could get some intresting answers to this question, it was here. I was watching Jeoparady and a question refrenced the pilot's sighting of a UFO back in the 50's. It was relivent as the first offical military pilot reported UFO,or something along that line.

Then, I remembered reading some time ago that back in the 50s, there were a score of "cigar shaped" UFO sightings. But fron what I understand, Roswell was a disk, and since the sixies, there seems to be only disk shaped UFOs. So, where did the cigar ones come from? Were they only the figment of imagination, or a seperate group? Perhapse they were man's first attempt at intersteller craft? I don't know.

What I do know is you can always count on ATS to bring forth a wealth of intresting information. So, thanks for listening, and I look forward to any responses. ^.^

If you spent so much as two minutes researching this on the NUFORC website, you would discover there is absolutely zero to back up your statement. The NUFORC website lists the "shape" associated with each UFO sighting, and surprise, surprise, there are plenty of cigar and cylinder shaped UFOs.

(Oh. This is an old thread. The original poster probably got their answer ages ago....)

edit on 13-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join