It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Slime good for America's schoolchildren

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I got a good laugh out of this, the company that sells the ground beef that is treated with ammonia says that the mixture is actually good for school children.
Now that has to be the biggest joke I have ever heard, heres the reasons that they gave.

"Including LFTB in the national school lunch program's beef products accomplishes three important goals on behalf of 32 million kids," BPI spokesman Rich Jochum said. "It 1) improves the nutritional profile, 2) increases the safety of the products and 3) meets the budget parameters that allow the school lunch program to feed kids nationwide every day."

"BPI is marketing themselves as a pinnacle of safety," Foshee said. "It's all lies. It's all marketing."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well if pizza is legally classed as a vegatable
but from watching jamie olivers (uk chef) attempt to improve school meals in america i'd say that you could probably get away with anything in food labelling due to the rules are so vague and i'd imagine that some big companies have worked out how to play the system so the schools will hit their legal requirements for as cheap a cost as possible

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Mmmmm looks like Bubble Tape mmmmmm

On topic, those "reasons" why this pink slime is good for school children doesn't really qualify why its good for anyone. Just more BS talk from mouth pieces me thinks.

Be careful when near said pink slime, as demonstrated in the documentary below:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Mmmm Pink slime

They say Fluoride is good for your teeth too, never mind I forgot what I was talking about.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Does anyone have a figure on how much pink slime consists of beef?
edit on 12-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I remember watching Jamie Oliver in the US and it was about changing the school menus like he done in the UK.
When he got there he went to a school and checked out what they were feeding the children.
The school cooks themselves didn't even know what they were feeding the kids. Jamie got out all the food from the freezers, all processed food, and asked them "can you tell me what these ingredients are"?
They couldn't.
The cooks said those were the guide lines set by the government.
The amount of aggro he got for trying to improve the schools menu was incredible, he even broke down in tears.
I think it's disgraceful what they feed the kids in school over there. I don't know how the parents put up with it, seriously.
If you haven't seen it, try looking for that show, Jamie Oliver in America or something it was called.

Z

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
well if pizza is legally classed as a vegatable
but from watching jamie olivers (uk chef) attempt to improve school meals in america i'd say that you could probably get away with anything in food labelling due to the rules are so vague and i'd imagine that some big companies have worked out how to play the system so the schools will hit their legal requirements for as cheap a cost as possible

That's it, you beat me to it, didn't read your comment.
It's a good show, shows you what's going on.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What's in Pink Slime

BPI makes the product by grinding together beef scraps and connective tissue. The company then uses a mixture of ammonia and water (ammonium hydroxide) to prevent the risk for E. coli or salmonella contamination.

eatocracy.cnn.com...

While the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) both consider ammonium hydroxide as GRAS (an acronym for "generally recognized as safe"), McDonald’s has since announced that it discontinued the use of, what the corporation calls, select beef trimmings (SLBT). The fast food chain came under fire after the episode for using the filler in its hamburger patties.

"For a number of years prior to 2011, to assist with supply, McDonald’s USA used some lean beef trimmings treated with ammonia in our burgers. We were among other food retailers who used this safe product," the fast food chain released in a statement.

Another reason to not eat McDonalds
edit on 12-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
McDonalds are not permitted to use pink slime in the UK. They have to use 100% beef

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow! This is really a wake up call for Americans!

I looked up this stuff on Wikipedia and found the following information...

Pink Slime

Boneless lean beef trimmings refers to an industrial product created from beef trimmings using particular processes; these products are occasionally referred to using the neologism pink slime. These processes, which include meat trimmings passing through a centrifuge, and (in the most common process) being exposed to ammonia gas, have drawn attention as the subject of possible health and consumer concerns. The term pink slime was coined by Dr. Gerald Zirnstein[2] to refer to the resulting products.

A 2012 ABC News investigative report indicated that the USDA has received, but concealed information indicating that 70 percent of ground beef (beef mince) contains the substance, and that the USDA has allowed the substance to go unlabeled at the objection of its own scientists.[2] A 2008 Washington Post article suggested that the pink slime content of most beef patties containing the substance approaches 25%.

[1] These trimmings are sold in the US to food companies which use it as filler in beef products. Most is produced and sold by Cargill Meat Solutions and Beef Products, Inc.[3][4] (BPI). The lean beef sold by BPI has become known for increasing the pH of the beef trimmings by adding ammonium hydroxide to destroy pathogens such as E. coli and Salmonella, while the Cargill product uses antimicrobial treatments that lower the pH.[4][citation needed]

Sounds like the US government is attempting to knock off us citizens via our appetite for the all American staple....Beef!

Then you add to the fact that Ammonium Hydroxide is a free-radical that once inside of the human body can combine with any of the other numerous free-radicals from our water supply(e.g. fluorides which are highly reactive) to cause any number of cancers.

Now you have HAARP beaming all over the Atlas to excite and stimulate those free-radicals to become a catalysis for benign and malignant tumor growth.

What a recipe for mass deaths this is!

The FDA's own scientists suggested labeling foods with the stuff in it for crying out loud and the US Government said not to?

WTF?

This in itself is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

70% of all ground beef sold in the U.S. is 25%/volume pink slime.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by satron

70% of all ground beef sold in the U.S. is up to 25% of the final product

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by satron

70% of all ground beef sold in the U.S. is up to 25% of the final product

Thanks!

Good catch, I meant up to 25%/volume pink slime.

I had multiple convos going at the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In my time here on earth I have seen the US government pull off some # but this takes the cake!

Why not just stab me in the gut!

Doing in the children like this is WRONG!

Poisoning is a coward's way to kill!

* I am surprised by how many people are not aware of this!
edit on 19-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

I am surprised by how many people are not aware of this!

It's a bloody shame!
Killing us from within. Depopulation and all that.

I view it differently though, I'm not surprised.
No one knows any thing, better said; no one wants to know any thing, any more.
Why?
Could it be side effects from the very slime we're talking about?
Add flouride and aspartame and God knows what else, mix it all in a bowl and what do you get?

A modern day zombie.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

It is creepier than hell to know that this may very well be massive psych ops being performed at every level by the US government.

Being born an American I pledged ALLEGIANCE not MY BODY!

You have something there though....

The more ignorant people become the more they are unknowingly becoming zombies.

Knowledge is power!.... and what you don't know CAN KILL YOU!....and WILL!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

The more ignorant people become the more they are unknowingly becoming zombies. Knowledge is power!.... and what you don't know CAN KILL YOU!....and WILL!

Amen to that

Things like this are crazy in the US I suppose.
I'm in Spain, I guess I can count myself lucky being from rural-ish places aswell.
We eat a lot of fresh stuff, well we hardly eat anything frozen. Let alone pink slime.
It's a disgrace. I hope it all hits the roof though and one day they get rid of it.
But yea it's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I use to buy a lot of ground beef up until a year ago. I noticed the beef didn't even look red it was pinkish/white. I noticed when I had left overs in the fridge it had a funky smell to it when I opend the container. I now know it was amonia that I was smelling.

This is F-n horrible. I want my money back! This is flat out treason I'm pist. I will from now on grind up my own meat. This is capitalism at its finest. As a consumer I'm sick of being ripped off.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can remember back some 30+ years ago when you went to the grocery store and bought some ground beef you could ask the butcher to freshly ground you some from any Standard, Select, Choice or Prime cut from the cow, or if they were already packed for you there would be blood around the styrofoam tray letting you know this is about as fresh as it gets.

*AND THE MEAT LOOKED LIKE MEAT....IT WAS A NATURAL MYO FLESH RED!

Then the major grocery food chains started getting rid of the in-house butchers due to having to pay them on site a nice hourly wage due to most being in the Unions....then enters automation...

Then beef prices fell but the quality of the meats also fell along with the prices due to not having a FDA licensed butcher who knew what cuts were the best and excellent service.

Now a days ground beef looks like something genetically grown in a huge petri dish.
edit on 22-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

new topics

top topics

join