It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Wahlberg movie "Shooter" and KONY 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've been pretty silent on the issue of "KONY 2012" The reason is due to the fact that when I first watched the 30 min promo campaign video, something about it didn't feel right. I'll be sharing my full opinion on it shortly but for now, do you guys remember the movie Shooter - with Mark Wahlberg? Well I seem some interesting parallels - here is a snipet from the wikipedia page on the film.

When the rogue agents realize their secret is compromised, they kidnap Memphis and attempt to stage his suicide. Swagger tails the agents and kills Memphis' captors with a scoped .22 rifle equipped with a homemade silencer. Swagger and Memphis then join forces and visit a firearms expert (Levon Helm) in Athens, Tennessee. Together they plot to capture the person who they think is the real assassin, an ex-sniper allied with Colonel Johnson. Once they find him in Lynchburg, Virginia, he commits suicide after revealing that the archbishop was actually the real target and he was murdered to prevent his speaking out against U.S. involvement in the massacre of an Eritrean village. The massacre was carried out on behalf of a consortium of American corporate oil interests headed by corrupt Senator Charles Meachum (Ned Beatty). Swagger learns that the mission in which Fenn was killed was also a part of the massacre, as they were tasked to cover the withdrawal of the contractors assigned to the job. Swagger records the ex–sniper's confession of his involvement in the African massacre. Then, with Memphis' assistance, Swagger escapes from an ambush by killing 24 mercenaries.

Sourced: en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not getting where you're going with this...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
we are being conned into backing an invasion in africa so their resources can be stolen
koni hasn't been seen in years
the current president has killed some several millions I think I heard on the radio today
yet we ignore that to chase a small time shadow of a mere thug
and fuel the indignation with a peice of puff journalism a la Joeseph Glowbballs

the UN is currently the biggest world wide murderistas
the tens of thousands of blacks slaughtered in Libya by the UN installed alCIAduh being a prime example of this
edit on 12-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Whoa whoa whoa there pal. Dont forget about all the rapes that went on in haiti and pft who knows wherever else they have sent aid.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I mean
!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The whole KONY story seems like it is manufactured to get the public on the side of getting the US military involved in African conflicts.

There have been some minor clashes involving US military in Africa (most notably Somalia) but USA is likely trying to get the public on the side of military intervention in several African nations.

China has been making massive economic inroads into the African economy and USA has done nothing to combat this and is just now facing up to the fact that China will probably end up with most of the African oil that is available throughout several African nations.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Kony story was a social experiment to see how many people would jump on a cause they know nothing about, how it is about getting the US to invade Africa.

Before the story was created no one knew a thing about him, since it was created people have not realized that he hasn't be in power for about 6 years, all it was was a social experiment.

The only reason the US was in somalia was because of the mass genocide caused by Mohammad Farrah Aide and they only went there after the UN failed to put a stop to the warlord and asked for US intervention.
edit on 13-3-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join