It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department files objection to Texas voter ID law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The Obama administration has once more gone too far in its "overreach," Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Monday, after the Justice Department objected to the state's new voter photo ID law, saying Texas failed to demonstrate that the law is not discriminatory by design against Hispanic voters.
"Texas has a responsibility to ensure elections are fair, beyond reproach and accurately reflect the will of voters. The DOJ has no valid reason for rejecting this important law, which requires nothing more extensive than the type of photo identification necessary to receive a library card or board an airplane. Their denial is yet another example of the Obama administration's continuing and pervasive federal overreach," Perry said.

Ok so tell me this doesnt pander to the illegal alien voter fraud debocle?

Seriously its nothing more than a simple photo ID that ANYONE who is LEGAL can get with no more trouble than it takes to get a library card, and they strike it down because it might "discriminate" against hispanics..

The only people this discriminates against is ILLEGALS...

This is blatant......and another example of Obama and his administration taking away states rights...

The people need to get Paul in , so we can stop messes like this.....States Rights should be upheld...

"The data they demanded came from matching two separate data sets never designed to be matched, and their agency was warned that matches from these data sets would be misleading," Texas Secretary of State Hope Andrade said in a statement.

Andrade said that as a result of the objection, which she called "extremely disappointing," existing law will apply in the May 29 primary election.

"My office will continue working with the Texas Attorney General's Office in seeking to implement the will of the citizens of Texas, as enacted by our duly elected representatives in the Texas Legislature," Andrade said.

Amongst the GOP voter fraud, and the illegal voter fraud, its clear the people in power will stop at nothing to destroy our voice as a people..........

Source

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So what are your guys thoughts on this?

Does this mean that Airlines, Banks, night clubs, and various other businesses are discriminating because they require you to have an ID?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Democrats are worried about losing illegal immigrant votes..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous. How can you seriously argue that it's discrimination against hispanics that's just absurd.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute here.....

I don't have to show a valid photo ID to vote...

But I sure as hell better have one to buy a lighter.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Wait a minute here.....

What the hell are we doing??????

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Watching the death throws of this once glorious nation.

Its sad

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by Zaanny
Wait a minute here.....

What the hell are we doing??????

What Are We Doing,,, You Ask,,,,,,,
Trying To Not Make The
AGAIN!!!!
By allowing only Citizens To Vote,,,

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It could be bigger then that.

How about losing all the "dead people's" vote?

Just walk in, give name, vote, exit, collect payment, on to the next vote location. Repeat.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You're asking us:

So what are your guys thoughts on this?

Mine are Basically this: I'll give a small donation to the Obama Presidential Koofers when his term is up and he's building his:
This should be worth .2 cents.

Not to derail the thread O P but the only way Obama will be reelected is if Illegals Vote think they'll get their Amnesty.

top topics

join