It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Man Arrested for Threatening President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This individual has been having some personal problems of late and was arrested with numerous firearms in his possession near the White House. Draconian gun laws could leave him vulnerable to prosecution even if initial charges are unproven.

Armed Man Allegedly Threatens Bush, Arrested Near White House

W A S H I N G T O N, Sept. 4 � A New Hampshire man � who police said might have made threats toward President Bush � was arrested today two miles north of the White House after authorities discovered more than a dozen weapons in a rented car he was driving.

"There was an issue that came up early on about an individual that had made threats that possibly could be toward the president," District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Charles Ramsey said.

A U.S. Secret Service source familiar with the investigation said the car contained 10 rifles and six handguns. Although rifles are allowed in the city, local laws prohibit possession of handguns with few exceptions. The source, who asked not to be identified, said the weapons were unregistered.

Jeffrey Cloutier, 33, of Newport, N.H., reportedly rented the white 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier from an Enterprise rental car agency near Philadelphia International Airport this morning.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here's another threat to the president...MY dad told me about it this morning...This man is from where I lived, my dad's business is a few buildings away and he had a ton of calls from Daily News and I think the Times wanting to talk to him....When I talked to my dad this morning I think he said they still were looking for him...

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A lot of reporters seem to LOVE it when they get to say, "the guns were unregistered"

As if it is required in all states for guns to be "registered".

As about the guy, I'll leave him doubt till I get more information, till then he's innocent in my mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
""There was an issue that came up early on about an individual that had made threats that possibly could be toward the president," District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Chief Charles Ramsey said."

That's about as vague as you can get. Let's see the pop. of DC is over half a million, not including commuters and this guy is 2 miles away from the White House. Is there a connection here?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hmm keywords in that article are "might" and "probably" .

"might have made threats toward the president"??

They dont sound so sure

Still suspicious to have those guns. Maybe he's tryin to sell them on the black market. using a rental car to try and confuse the police?

Dont know

top topics

join