It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are not pulse jet engine trails from Aurora

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was out in the desert NE of Barstow near Ft Irwin when I saw this. Unfortunately I didn't think to get my camera right away until they started dissolving a bit but initially there were quite well defined.

What it was is just a standard commuter jet I saw it quite clearly and there were several other contrails like this and I could hear the engine sound well enough to confirm they were conventional.

Kinda disappointed but realistically they wouldn't be flying these aircraft at such low levels in broad daylight anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The blobs are called "pendules". They are formed by interactions of the wake vorticies. See the first few pages here for a technical explanation:

picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Those may not be the pulse jet trails, but I have had 2 opportunities to witness the pulse jet technology flying out of central Florida and flying directly overhead in Tallahassee. On the first occasion it was the sound that got my attention, and then as my eyes were drawn skyward there was a massive aircraft moving at least double the speed of common passenger aircraft flying at similar altitudes overhead. I was alone and I am only assuming it was the Aurora or another craft with the Pulse-jet technology, but my second opportunity to witness it was confirmed by dozens of other witnesses and a mention on the news later that night....

It was about a year ago, on a Saturday morning, my kids and I were walking into Krispy Kreme. I heard a similar noise to the time before, looked up, and it was a massive craft with large engines and an odd contrail. This time people came outside the restaurant to see what the noise was, people stopped on the side of the road and got out of their cars, and within 15-20 seconds there were a good 25 people looking up as the craft moved overhead. Once again, it was probably cruising at 30,000 feet or more, but it was larger than other passenger aircraft, it was moving at least twice as fast as other passenger aircraft, and it made a unique noise. I didn't bother stating what I thought the craft was, but I heard another father explaining to his son that it was the new "pulse-jet' engine, and probably a test run out of Tampa or Cape Canaveral. Later that night the news mentioned an experimental aircraft that had surprised Tallahassee residents with a flyover, and went on to explain it was a test run by the Navy for an experimental engine. They never said, "pulse jet," but I think it was a safe assumption.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I heard a similar noise to the time before, looked up, and it was a massive craft with large engines and an odd contrail. This time people came outside the restaurant to see what the noise was, people stopped on the side of the road and got out of their cars, and within 15-20 seconds there were a good 25 people looking up as the craft moved overhead. Once again, it was probably cruising at 30,000 feet or more, but it was larger than other passenger aircraft, it was moving at least twice as fast as other passenger aircraft, and it made a unique noise.

If it was a regular sized plane flying at 15,000 feet, then it would seem twice as big and twice as fast as other regular planes flying at 30,000 feet. It would also make more noise.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

True, but I am a private pilot, and I'm used to seeing all kinds of different aircraft coming and going from the airport here, and passing overhead at different altitudes, and flying in the dedicated jetways, etc. Other people here are also fully aware of the typical air traffic, and seeing a jet fly over at 15,000 feet wouldn't draw any extra attention. This was something very obviously different.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think though it would be basically impossible for an odd-looking plane that was bigger than a passenger jet to fly over populated areas and somehow escape being photographed.

I'm sure you saw something odd, but it seems highly unlikely to be a giant secret aircraft.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
I think though it would be basically impossible for an odd-looking plane that was bigger than a passenger jet to fly over populated areas and somehow escape being photographed.

I'm sure you saw something odd, but it seems highly unlikely to be a giant secret aircraft.

Actually, I did take several pictures, and I saw other people taking pictures as well, but the pictures I took from my Moto Droid phone didn't look like anything special. Just a small aircraft in a giant blue sky with an odd contrail behind it, but nothing like how it looked in person. I showed the pictures to my wife, and she was not impressed, so I deleted them. I suspect all the other folks did similarly.

I don't think they are making any effort to hide these things. From what I saw, what I've read, and what other people are saying on places like ATS, this Aurora thing is the worst kept secret in the world. In fact, the Aurora technology is probably already well out-dated, and by the time they release it like they did the SR-71, and Stealth technology, we can bet there are 2 or 3 more advanced generations of technology already in use. I suspect within 10 years the Aurora technology will be fully released and old hat information.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
On that point I will disagree, I live is a common flight path and several months before there were even supposed to start testing its flight capabilities at Edwards I saw what appeared to be an unlighted super high flying small sized aircraft with no signal lights headed in that direction.

The base commander emailed me and said it was not a global hawk but there is no way an aircraft is going to occupy the glide path for LAX without any kind of lighting heading that direction.

Also it's flight path was clearly north south and all other planes are either NE/SW or vs versa. It just so happens that the global hawks are to be flown border patrol which coincides with it's flight path.

The only reason I even saw it is because it's contrail was back-lit by the full moon at just the right moment for me to see a very tiny silhouette, I also think it has some sort of noise reflecting capabilities because unlike everything else it was very quiet. My point being is that even stuff in the newspapers is still operating under a cloak whenever possible I highly doubt they would fly the aurora in broad daylight at this point.

The reason I posted these pictures is because I remember seeing the exact same type of contrails as proof of auroras existence - I wish I have taken the pics as the plane flew overhead as they were initially much better defined.

I know that we have gone beyond the sr71 and f117 but what that might be who knows. it would be cool to have them unveil it though.
edit on 14-3-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

I saw newly formed puffy trails the other day and at the front was a plane
I could not identify. My cell phone takes terrible photos with a lens
smaller than a phone I had to junk do to service improvements.
The next clear day perhaps cell phone and camera while I stroll along.
Thanks for the puffy trail topic.

new topics

top topics

join