It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Subjects Nearly Every Phone and Computer to Government Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
From here.

As we have been again reminded by the Barack Obama Administration’s fraudulent Sandra Fluke, abortion-pill-and-birth-control assault on the First Amendment, we are staring down the barrel of the ObamaCare gun.

Its 2014 full-on implementation will lead inexorably to more and more rescissions of our Constitutional rights, a downward spiral of poorer, slower medical attention, rationing thereof - and ultimately all of us herded into the government-only Communal Care Pit.

This is not just another assault on individual health care. It is yet another attack on the entire Internet and technology free market Xanadu that exists - and has only just begun to develop.

See: Neutrality, Network.

The completely absurd Fluke-esque demand for birth control “freedom” - from charge - obfuscates and distracts from the dramatic, sweeping freedom losses that ObamaCare imposes.

On July 19, 2011, the Obama Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff on Mobile Medical Applications.

I.e. our smartphone, tablet and computer apps.

The Obama Administration - the most unilateral-power-grab Presidency in our nation’s history - is asserting that these mobile medical apps may pose “risks.” And thusly should be regulated as medical devices.

The only “risks” posed by these individualized medical marvels - are to the Administration’s push to consign us all to the Communal Care Pit. The more control we each have over our own health care, the less Communal control our Overlords have.

The article continues. . .

According to the Administration, the two dollar app that takes your blood pressure should be regulated like an MRI machine.

(And does anyone doubt that one day in the not-too-distant future we’ll be able on these wondrous devices to self-MRI?)

And because your phone has on it the two dollar blood pressure app - the Obama FDA asserts that they can thusly regulate your entire phone. Because according to them that one app has turned your phone into a “medical device.”

Under the FDA’s expansive parameters, almost any device on which you do almost anything regarding your health - your smartphones, your tablets, your desktop and laptop computers - will be regulated.

Did you use your smartphone/tablet/computer camera or microphone to monitor something health-related? It just became an Obama FDA-regulated medical device.

Did you save your health care data on any smartphone/tablet/computer? That too is now regulated.

Did you send an email containing any health care information to your doctor? The device from which you sent said missive is too now regulated.

Think we’re exaggerating?

Here’s the Obama FDA’s long litany of “Mobile Medical Apps.” A virtually limitless expansion of regulatory authority over not just the:

List of functionalities to illustrate types of mobile medical apps.

But also the:

Mobile medical apps that transform or make the mobile platform into a regulated medical device by using attachments or sensors or similar medical device functions.

And the:

Mobile medical apps that allow the user to input patient-specific information and - using formulae or a processing algorithm - output a patient-specific result, diagnosis, or treatment recommendationthat is used in clinical practice or to assist in making clinical decisions.

In other words - almost any device on which you do almost anything regarding your health.

Still think we’re exaggerating?

Obama’s FDA is concurrently asserting that the adult stem cells in your body are a “drug” - and that therefore your body is now government regulatory property.

In another outrageous power-grab, FDA says your own stem cells are drugs—and stem cell therapy is interstate commerce because it affects the bottom line of FDA-approved drugs in other states!...

So the government gets our phones, home computers, even our stem cells!

Thought I'd share.
(miss Bush yet?)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm not trying to defend this bill, but must say that some of the apps on the android market are messed up. I have a friend who is listening to this app that's telling her to eat 1400Kcal each day, while she is exercising for about an hour a day. She has lost a little weight, but looks horrible. I told her about yo-yo dieting, and the body entering starvation mode once you cut calories too quickly. She asserts this is quite a healthy way to lose weight. I can say nothing more, except that I hope her plan works successfully.

As far as I know, every phone and computer is pretty much already under control by the NSA if they truly want it. I've had a lot of weird activities happen over the last few years to my computer, and I'm running a stable version of linux. Thinking maybe my activities are being monitored just because I speak my mind online at places like ATS. Why knows, though?

Oh, and had to add....I most definitely don't miss Bush yet. I have no clue what this has to do about the puppets in the white house.
edit on 12-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
honestly, this seems sane and logical to me....hear me out.
Do you know how much false medical information is on the web? I just saw a guy on another forum who was about to take heavy metals and random herbs to cure a serious ailment that required surgery....
He was about to take HEAVY METALS because of what he read online.

Your title is very misleading...
All Obamacare will do is regulate medical advice on apps.
That's far from "subjects nearly every phone and computer to governmental control."

Is having them regulate apps that monitor blood pressure a bad thing? Know how many apps claim things that they don't actually do? It's a lot. Know how many idiots would think they have good b.p. when they don't because of a faulty app?

edit on 12-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Do you know how much false medical information is on the web? I just saw a guy on another forum who was about to take heavy metals and random herbs to cure a serious ailment that required surgery....

That's far from "subjects nearly every phone and computer to governmental control."

It's the title of the article, I've quoted.

If you use use MS Word to write a medical report, it'll be regulted. And you have to ask yourself, HOW will they regulate it? Privacy issues? Gone.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

So you don't see a problem with loss of privacy and an over-arching, draconian control of your computers, cell phones and other devices that contain apps that may be used medically?

Then just vote for Obama, you'll get your wish.

edit on 12-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Ghost375

It's the title of the article, I've quoted.

If you use use MS Word to write a medical report, it'll be regulted. And you have to ask yourself, HOW will they regulate it? Privacy issues? Gone.

I only see them only officially mention apps....Right after he says they'll be able to read your email, he lists what they want to regulate, and it ONLY includes apps in his list. That article is extremely biased, and the email part is just an outright lie, or paranoia? One of the two...unless you want to prove me wrong with an official source?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So you don't see a problem with loss of privacy and an over-arching, draconian control of your computers, cell phones and other devices that contain apps that may be used medically?

It doesn't say they'll regulate ALL apps, just the medical ones.
And they aren't regulating the actual devices the apps come on...they aren't regulating your iphone, just certain apps that are available for download there.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have a treadmill* that also monitors by heart rate while I'm on it.
Would it also be considered a 'medical' device?

* my treadmill has not been used in a long time,it is currently in
my office collecting dust bunnies.It is also being used for storage.
edit on 12-3-2012 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you would like people to take you seriously, you shouldn't put words into their mouths.

For shame.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Still reading and extrapolating from government-speak.
Here's the source
www.fda.gov...

Will be back in a bit after digesting it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Bush may have been an atrocity, but he never took things this far. I honestly don't know which is better for America's future; another 4 years of the plague that is Obama, or 4 year of the plague that is Romney?

Furthermore, what can we, as citizens, even do to combat this corruption? Are civil war and violent revolution going to be our last, most likely futile, option to take our country back? Voting isn't working, protesting isn't working, what else can we possibly resort to? The majority of people are too occupied by the bread and circuses to realize the America they once knew and loved is falling apart.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by beezzer

I have a treadmill* that also monitors by heart rate while I'm on it.
Would it also be considered a 'medical' device?

* my treadmill has not been used in a long time,it is currently in
my office collecting dust bunnies.It is also being used for storage.
edit on 12-3-2012 by mamabeth because: added

See the original guidlines, but at first glance, I'd say yes.
www.fda.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

If you would like people to take you seriously, you shouldn't put words into their mouths.

For shame.

Didn't realize that I was. I must have interpreted your post incorrectly. I'm NOT for invasions of privacy.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thats funny it really is and the Government does REGULATE cell phones, they regulate everything in this country

Is there an app for phones that tells you how much cancer your getting for using your cell phone too much?

Since cell phones are low jacked with gps they know where and when even if your at dunkin dounuts then alert you when your adding more to your cholerstal!

It is an invasion of privvcy and this thread would already be a few hundred posts condemning this is Bush were Potus but nevermind its Obama and Obamacare and they are just lookin out for you!

Blah.
edit on 12-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wait a minute... Obama care is still in the works? I didn't know anything about it then and I certainly don't know whats going on with it now, but anything given to us from the Obama administration should probably be rejected. And to hell with them if they think they is gonna be looking at the pix on me phone (texts included).

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No I absolutely do not miss George "Patriot Act" Bush.

Do you seriously plan on voting for Romney, Santorum or Gingrich?

It takes a sad, ignorant person to back the GOP (OR THE DEMOCRATS) these days.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I guess you have t ask yourself, if the governments intent was to provide healthcare benefits to people who didn't have insurance (as this was being sold as)
Then why does the government feel it has to reach even farther, to regulate apps, mobile devices, phones, iPads, etc?
What does this have to do with providing healthcare coverage to people who didn't have it?

Obama's helthcare plan is a power grab to gain as much oversight, control, regulation, power into every aspect of our lives. It's not about providing coverage.

It's about taking control.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Didn't miss the expansion of patriot act powers,NDAA,SOPA, and Obamacare

The largest government expansion of power of any president even that evil Bush oh wait

who is the current Potus now starts with O sounds a lot like Obama and is the biggest fascist this country has ever known next and beating out FDR.
edit on 12-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

edit on 12-3-2012 by Swills because: deleted for being off topic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join