It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government says Texas voter photo ID law discriminates against Hispanics. Huh?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

so because they dont vote for the rich it must be some repiblican conspiracy to crush people who would otherwise illegaly vote for a democratic candidate.....kinda sounds like your advocating voter fraud because otherwise rich people might remain in power?i think it more has to do with people showing id to prove they are ELIGIBLE to vote but in your mind that's racist and wrong because then the democrats might loose potential illegal voters?and people wonder why states want the fact that you have to show an id to vote to be mandatory so that people not legally able to vote in this country cant so our elections are not swayed by the opinions of citizens of another country

hell if you want it that way lets just let the chinese or the Indians(only listed cuz they have high populations) vote in our elections sure you would be happy with a class system(not rich v poor per se but like the untouchables from india)or a one child policy like china>(extreme examples i know but still thats what happens when people from other countrys get to decide what your laws and leaders can be elected or passed in your country)
edit on 12-3-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Your headline should read " Federal Government says Texas voter ID law prevents Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, Spongbob Squarepants, Acorn plants, and illegals from voting and will therefore cost Obama millions of illegal votes" because that's the truth of it.

Obama doesn't give 2 craps about equality, discrimination, or legality. All he cares about is having 4 more years to complete the elitists agenda of destroyin our nation.

He sure didn't care about discrimination when the Black Pussycats were preventing people from voting in Philidelphia.

I swear that everyday my contempt for our government grows exponentially and I will welcome the day that enough Americans grow tired enough of this BS that we can actually force a change.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

theiowarepublican.com... (i know you will hate the source)

One of the arguments Democrats use in their opposition to photo ID requirements for voting is that there is no proof voter fraud is a problem in Iowa. Secretary of State Matt Schultz says that proof is on the way. Investigations into voter fraud are ongoing. “We will be showing that there are cases of voter fraud in Iowa,” Schultz told TheIowaRepublican.com. The Secretary of State was one of 25 attendees Wednesday evening at a panel discussion about Voter ID organized by the Iowa Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society. Hans von Spakovsky, a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and former FEC commissioner, advocated for Voter ID. Ben Stone, executive director of the ACLU of Iowa, gave the opposing viewpoint. Von Spakovsky provided evidence that voter turnout actually increased in states that passed Voter ID laws. “The idea it will suppress the vote has been disproven in two very important places: the courtroom and the polling place,” he said. Following passage of a Voter ID law in Georgia, a record number of voters turned out for the 2008 election. The number of Democrat voters increased by 6.1 percent, and the share of the vote from blacks increased 25-30 percent from 2004. Additionally, the turnout of black voters in Georgia in the 2010 elections rose over 2006, when there was no Voter ID law. Indiana also experienced increases in voters following passage of a similar law. Ben Stone argued that the record turnout in 2008 and increased totals in 2010 in Georgia and Indiana are meaningless. “Unless you can isolate all the other factors, statistics don’t mean a thing,” Stone said. “You can’t say that those statistics prove anything.” Georgia’s Voter ID bill overcame extensive court battles, including a challenge from the state’s Democratic party. “After two years, they could not come up with a single witness, not one person, who could not come up with a photo ID,” Von Spakovsky said. The U.S. Supreme Court upheld Indiana’s Voter ID law in a 2008 ruling, with a 6-3 decision. Liberal Justice John Paul Stevens penned the lead opinion. He stated, “Not only is the risk of voter fraud real but that it could affect the outcome of a close election.” Stephens added that states have a “valid interest in protecting the integrity and reliability of the electoral process” and disputed claims that photo ID requirements place an undue burden on voters.

www.rnla.org.../a%3E%20|%20%3Ca%20href=

Home Members Only Press RNLA Logo Vote Fraud: The Evidence Vote Fraud Is All Over the Map 46 states have had vote fraud convictions or prosecutions in the last decade.* Face to Face with Vote Fraud Click a mugshot to read more. AL | AK | AR | CA | CO | CT | FL | GA | IA | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA ME | MA | MI | MN | MO | MS | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY OH | OK | OR | PA | RI | SC | SD | TN | TX | VA | WA | WI | WV | WY *Please note that the convictions or prosecutions listed here are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all instances of vote fraud. The RNLA conducted a limited survey to indicate whether vote fraud charges have been filed in states across the country since 2000. We looked for at least one example in each state. For examples of vote fraud on an almost daily basis, read the RNLA blog. Alabama Clifford Don Twilley: vote buying (2011) Karen Tipton Berry: absentee ballot fraud (2010) Gay Nell Tinker: absentee ballot fraud (2010) Alaska Rogelio Mejorada-Lopez: non-citizen voting (2005). See United States v. Rogelio Mejorada-Lopez, No. 05-CR-074 (2005) Arkansas Robert T. Rogers: Illegally cast ballots (2006). See Baker v. Rogers, 243 SW. 3d 911 (Ark. 2006) Jack Crumbly: Illegal signatures on ballots, double voting, and non-resident voting (2006). See Willis v. Crumbly, 268 S.W. 3d 288 (Ark. 2006) Sherry Tate-Smith: absentee ballot fraud, double voting, non-resident voting (2003). See Tate-Smith v. Cupples, 134 S.W. 3d 535 (Ark. 2003) Arizona Gina Thi Canova: voter registration fraud and illegal voting (2011) Peter Canova: voter registration fraud and illegal voting (2011) Rodney Paul Jones: double voting (2011) Margarito Blancas: non-citizen voting (2005) Carlos Magallanes: non-citizen voting (2005) California Nativo Lopez: voter registration fraud (2011) Eloise Garcia-Mohsin: falsely filing election documents (2010) Mark Jacoby: voter registration fraud (2009) Domenica Malburg: fraudulent voting and voter registration fraud (2009) Leonis Malburg: aiding illegal votes and voter registration fraud (2009) Don Cornell Williams: voter registration fraud (2008) Colorado Shah: non-citizen voter registration (2005). See United States v. Shah, No. 04-CR-00458 (2005) Connecticut Barnaby Horton: absentee ballot fraud (2003)

so it seems at least according to those sources that an investigation is underway and they are doing an investigation into it so i would assume that at the end of the investigation we will hear more as opposed to during so i guess it does happen
edit on 12-3-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yes
laws discriminate against lawbreakers
also voter ID descriminates against poeple illegally voting for more benefits for illegals
and not having voter ID helps keep those darn PAULititions who favour upholding the laws already in place from getting into office and carrying out their responsibility for upholding those laws..

as if the tax payers expect the lawfull use of their taxes
how dare they.....
you can expect prison ID for them

PS what ever happened to
VOTE EARLY... VOTE OFTEN?

edit on 12-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
www.ncsl.org... and these are the states that have voter id laws and the ones that do no and the tells of the levels each state uses respectively to counter voter fraud and or unlawful voting

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

That is exactly what came to my mind when I read the tittle of the thread, hell here in Ga all you need is a drivers license to vote.

But also you can buy fake IDs, like licenses and SS numbers along with birth certificates for the right among of money due to demand by illegals immigrant trying to bypass laws

Interesting, I guess only America born are the ones to be persecuted for enforcing immigration laws, illegals can brake all the laws they want and the government will back them up.

edit on 12-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is anyone else tired of the government lumping people into certain groups then telling them they are too stupid to take care of themselves?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
About voter fraud. I was asked by an Obama supporter in 2008 if I would cast 2 votes for Barry. I was in Jacksonville, Fl and received my absentee ballot from my home district. The Obama supporter wanted me to register to vote in Jacksonville and send off my absentee ballot. This actually happens.

For the record I wrote in Ron Paul on my absentee ballot. Voter fraud does happen and checking IDs at the poll will help curve it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
You all may have seen this on the news this morning:

SOURCE NEWS STORY

The Justice Department is objecting to a new photo ID law in Texas for voters, saying the state has failed to demonstrate that the the law is not discriminatory by design against Hispanic voters.
The department's head of the civil rights division, Tom Perez, wrote a a six-page letter to Texas' director of elections saying that Texas has not "sustained its burden" under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act to show that the new law will not have a discriminatory effect on minority voters. About 11 percent of Hispanic voters reportedly lack state-issued identification.

I have one question. How would requiring a Photo ID discriminate against ANYONE who is a legal resident and has the ability to get a photo ID??

Clearly the government sees this as a preventive measure against ILLEGAL ALIENS who don't have photo IDs being able to vote. I truly believe that without the illegal immigrant vote, Democrats wouldn't win a damn thing in the border states.

edit on 12-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

I suppose the point is that the risk of disenfranchising voters outweighs the risk that illegal immigrants may vote, as well as the fact that the DOJ alleges that the laws, in their current forms, are unconstitutionally void for discriminatory intent. I would like to think that nobody agrees that illegal aliens voting is a good thing, but that there are a substantial number of people in this country who feel that those with the right to vote should not be effectively disenfranchised by a law whose burden is disproportionately shouldered by poor and old voters. As odd as it may sound, there are in fact quite alot of poorer and older people who simply don't have the photographic ID necessary to 'pass' the tests.

Although I agree that illegal voting is obviously something which should be prevented, it seems constitutionally proper that we cannot, as a collateral result of the attempts to prevent fraud, also disenfranchise a not-insignificant portion of the population.

I think it would also be good if you just examined this as a legal/constitutional issue rather than one of partisan politics. To claim the Dems are just going up against this because they will lose votes is the exact same accusation that the Dems will level against the Republicans - that they are pushing this, not out of a genuine concern for vote fraud, but because they do not want poorer and minority voters turning up to vote against them viz. for Democrats. It is contemptible for either party to enact legislation (or introduce legislation) whose collateral, if not principal, purpose is to unfairly increase their portion of the vote. Unfortunately for the Republicans, the Democrats and DOJ in this instance probably have the better Constitutional argument to make against the legislation in question.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You get to vote once...
Prove you voted once...

easy...

I have democrat leanings.

I do not like voter fraud.

Give me some reason why you want someone to vote without positive ID?

we shouldn't ID for alcohol either... If we did it would put small companies that rely on those underage canadians in a very tight spot!!!
edit on 3/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am sure there are people who don’t drive, don’t have bank accounts, don’t cash checks, don’t have phones, don’t have electric bills or water bills, don’t have insurance, don’t have credit cards, don’t buy liquor, don’t have cable tv, don’t have personal physicians or medical bills, get paid in cash and buy everything with cash. The fact that most are illegal aliens who vote Democratic is just a coincidence

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Is anyone else tired of the government lumping people into certain groups then telling them they are too stupid to take care of themselves?

I've been tired of it for a long time now. The nanny state and blatant tyranny that we are forced to live with from a government that has turned "We The People" into subjects forced to live by their unconstitutional laws and agenda all the while transforming "inalienable rights" into "illlegal alien rights".

I am growing also tired of the people of this nation sitting by idly and allowing this to continue. During the civil rights movement and the anti Vietnam war movement millions marched on DC to protest yet no one will take the stand to organize a million or 5 million person march on DC and demand this stops.

At the rate we are going we will either be in a civil war or living as sheep very soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

actually besides the bank account, you just described me...
I have bills, but not in my name...
lost my phone...
never drove...
ID is broken for now...
never had insurance whole life...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Something just occurred to me about this whole situation. Since when does the justice Dept have the constitutional authority to make a ruling on the constitutionality or legitimacy of a law? We have procedure in this nation that is long established and the current government is circumventing every aspect of it. It is the job of the USSC to decide the constitutionality and legitimacy of laws.

It would appear that the Obama Gang has absolutely zero respect for our rule of law. Every one of the crooked tyrannical SOB's should be thrown out on their asses and imprisoned for treason and conspiracy to destroy our constitution.

We are all doomed if we do not put a stop to this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
You get to vote once...
Prove you voted once...

easy...

I have democrat leanings.

I do not like voter fraud.

Give me some reason why you want someone to vote without positive ID?

Tell me how many times someone you know has had their vote taken from them because
another person went to the polls and pretend to be them?

It's a fake problem, it is intended to decrease vote counts plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Your headline should read " Federal Government says Texas voter ID law prevents Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, Spongbob Squarepants, Acorn plants, and illegals from voting and will therefore cost Obama millions of illegal votes" because that's the truth of it.

Bull crap, you are imagining that there is a problem that is not there.
How many times has someone taken your vote from you? Huh?
How about your wife of your brother?

Obama doesn't give 2 craps about equality, discrimination, or legality. All he cares about is having 4 more years to complete the elitists agenda of destroyin our nation.

all you care about is winning so you are blind as a bat and you support anything to
get your way.

He sure didn't care about discrimination when the Black Pussycats were preventing people from voting in Philidelphia.

I swear that everyday my contempt for our government grows exponentially and I will welcome the day that enough Americans grow tired enough of this BS that we can actually force a change.

My contempt grows for you and the rest of you scalawags who will stop at nothing to
win at all costs. I'm sick of your lies and your cheating, I can't wait for that day...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No it discriminates against illegals who don't have IDs. Get your facts straight Obamber.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Only one obvious reason for this...

Make sure his illegal voting sect can
vote unhinged.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Wow, it only took 9 posts to find someone against it. Yeah blame it on the GOP because everybody should get to vote as many times as they want. Whether they live in this country legally or not, maybe their just visiting from another country....hell, go ahead and vote.
Anybody from Europe want to come vote in our elections? Come on!

Heck, we should just let all of Mexico vote via mail, we can send them ballots.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Being a small town country boy from Texas, I am pleased with this development. My grandma (who is 97-years old) who has not had a photo ID since she quit driving some 30-years ago (1983) wants nothing more than to get the opportunity to vote the Kenyan Muslim out of office. She was saddened when she discovered that she would be unable to vote in the upcoming election because of the damn revenuers. Now it seems she may get her wish.

This is not a R vs. D issue; rather, this is a constitutional issue. The constitution doesn't call for voter ID. To this day, there has never been an ID requirement. She says that if they want things changed, then they need to "amend the god damn constitution" like they did back in the "good old days".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join