It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government says Texas voter photo ID law discriminates against Hispanics. Huh?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by votan

So, they can take the time to become a citizen, if they weren't born here....they can take the time to fill out a voter registration card....but they can't get an ID?? For free?? (Texas grants them for free).

Exactly!!

As a black woman who will now begin voting Republican, I detest the constant babying that the Dems do for specific classes of people. Why in the world do they not have an ID as an adult anyway? Plus, not only are there new ID's going to be free (unlike the rest of us who had to pay for ID), they now do not have to stand in line!! Yes. They have argued that it is UNFAIR that they must stand in line behind those who are getting driver's license and other legal ID, so therefore they are ENTITLED to an 'express service", and will not have to stand in line....

How is it that these groups definitely know where and how to apply for all the assistance programs, but now they are clueless as to how to gain proper ID??

and don't they have to have proper ID to apply for such assistance?

This is INSANE to claim that this is all some Republican conspiracy to purge votes; it is simply an attempt to thwart voter fraud, as well as an initiative toward being a responsible citizen (by having proper ID) in general.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Hmmm seems like many here have not heard of the 15th Amendment and the voting rights act...

15th

the Act prohibits states from imposing any "voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure ...

Next thing you know Texas will want to have English oral exams before you vote...

Which they should.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

No ID to vote yet you need an ID to get into an event with the President of the US and other top government officals. Are they also discriminating?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

theres plenty of blame to go around and as always the motivating factor seems to be greed (cheap workforce=large profits and an entire industry that would lose their jobs if the boarder was no longer an issue.... and its bad when people lose their jobs)

things are a lot more complicated than people would like to believe
edit on 14-3-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

I will agree cheap workforce=large profit. But I would ask why would they be willing to work for cheap? Because illegal immigrants have learned that what they don't make at their job the Government will supply for them food healthcare and even now free education.

If the average American was given the same support as illegal immigrants we to would be willing to work for cheap. Don't be fooled this "cheap-labor" as one would call it is not as cheap as one would think. I knew of many contracting companies paying top dollar $20+ under the table to illegal immigrants.

Well how do I know these workers were illegal you may ask. When you are told not to drive around the construction sites slow watching work them because the last time it happened the workers left for about a week before they decided to come back to work.

I have to star your post and say, "Damn...this is a good point!!"

I had never thought of it in this light.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by the4thhorseman

well.... logic would dictate that they work for cheap because they arent legitimate citizens and cant find work else where and these criminally low wages are still better than they would be paid in mexico

and again you want to place blame dont blame the guy trying to feed his family you blame the programs that are giving the hand outs ( i would like to see some figures on this by the way but i do agree if they need help they shouldnt be getting tax money unless they agree to stay in the country and become citizens spending their money here rather than in mexico where the dollar goes farther)
the only problems are keeping the money in the country and allowing for fair competition
i think you fail to realize how long illegal immigration has been a problem (far longer than these governments programs you speak of)
edit on 14-3-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

No......the4thHorseman has a very valid point...

Illegals do NOT have to present ID nor any other form of qualifying documents to get WIC, Foodstamps, Welfare, etc...in fact, when they state that they don't have those documents nor speak any english, they are 'expedited' and given the benefits regardless.

So no winder they will work for cheap..they will receive every entitlement their is, even without documentation.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ButterCookie

No ID to vote yet you need an ID to get into an event with the President of the US and other top government officals. Are they also discriminating?

I am on your side of the fence with this issue...not sure if you have read what I have posted.

No they are not discriminating.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman
I will agree cheap workforce=large profit. But I would ask why would they be willing to work for cheap? Because illegal immigrants have learned that what they don't make at their job the Government will supply for them food healthcare and even now free education.

Thats the dilema though... Its not free.

Someone pays for those "free subsidies"... So it would never be "free" to US workers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join