It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
whenever i go to sleep i am vivid dreamer. i dream every other night, when i sleep now for the past few nights i haven't been dreaming. but for some reason this weird things keeps happening ...im sleeping but im awake also! let me elaborate more i mediate sometimes when i can't sleep at night because it makes me sleepy afterwards but when i went to "sleep" one night i left the TV on by mistake. and i could hear everything that was going on, on the tv. keep in mind that i was "sleeping" at the time and i knew i was sleeping because i couldn't move at all it was like i had been paralyzed. i mean in my mind i was awake but my body was not responding. usually when i realize that my body is paralyzed i panic and then my brain falls asleep than i awake up hours later remembering all that i heard. im not sure if im having a OOBE,astral projection or maybe just a lucid dream?

PS - did anyone experience something similar to my problem im having?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis lol

did you try to speak, and just moaning came out?
did you see the TV's light but cannot see the pictures?
did your chest or back feel heavy?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's called sleep paralysis, and yes I had it one time. I woke up but I couldn't move for a few seconds, maybe 10. I was just completely paralyzed. Idk if it was just a dream though, sure dint feel like it. And no it's not an OBE since your still in your body.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

well my back was facing the tv so no i couldn't see it because my eyes are closed and i can't yell or talk only think.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes, i know what you mean, your subconscious is actually in overdrive mode, its fully aware of the surroundings and feeds it into your conscious. After such a state i always wake up feeling drained of energy and very edgy as if i have had 100 red bulls. A long long long time ago i would listen to tapes or pre recordings of something, what did happen in my case was that it eventually grew and made me far more aware and could remember extreme details of areas that i only had visited for less than 30seconds. I do not listen to any tapes now, i rather enjoy life as it is. Far to much stress in what i do now or should i say far to much can be done without actually requiring one to be physically at any location. I do mean via a digital level and on another level.

As the eye is the window to our soul so to are the ears the door way into ones thoughts. See, as a species we require sight and sound to operate, take one away from the other and your immediately isolated at a 50% rate of what one requires to be active on this planet amongst this species. This explains why gadgets or new technology rely so heavily on sight interaction ( active screen scrolling etc ) and less on sound active applications. In due time, thought active chipped phones will be an every day item. I give a sweet two decade period + - 5 when they will be active within society. [ " Insert advertisement, " does your job keep your hands tied to the wheel, or to a keyboard and you need to make that call now....well think no more...ooops..you should think about.....now the new model can activate your phone by simply thinking of dialing "]

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Teriq

sleep paralysis is a real medial condition, and I am not sure about your sleeping habbits but from experience sleep deprivation mixed with the television is a terror at times, I've been there but Elvis was involved ;/. turn the tube off!

on the other hand the brain is largely a mystery, even in the modern age we don't know enough about it to be tampering nor doubting its limits, they say the reason we dream is To go over our days, hence lucid dreams.

I swear I've layer in my bed with my eyes closed and 'saw' my entire room while sleeping, Its discomforting but it could be 'A' brain copping/goving over day or 'B' real just something science can't explain yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Be careful with sleep paralysis, it often comes coupled with seeing gray aliens.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Teriq

maby you could help this guy....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Quite often I and my 2 teenagers incorporate the radio alarm into our dreams. And they can turn out to be really interesting or quite disturbed depending on the content of the radio show.

But I can see how that could happen as our brain doesn't just stop working when we are asleep, it continues it is just our conscious, left brain, logical part that seems to go to sleep as it can't think in pictures.

And sleep paralysis is only coupled with greys, if you are awake and paralysed.

new topics

top topics

join