It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Taking Off From Denver Airport Flashing Landing Lights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizenToo bad it was taking off, not landing.

Another possible explanation is that one of the pilots flipped the wrong switch, i've done it more than a few times myself.

Easily done when the hand is ahead of the brain after a hasty turnaround.

At least 10-12 times? Seems excessive. Also seems like the pilot would notice the bright lights flashing on and off.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
1. Land and wait on gate assignment
2. Taxi (yielding to departing crafts)
3. Off load (after all passengers and FA's disembark)
4. FAA/Airline Post flight, Log Book, Check Out/Turn Around, Maintenance Chits
5. Leave the airport and walk to your vehicle
6. Drive home

1 and
2 i live in northern norway, and our local airport isn't exactly New York, so we're assingned gate number and taxi in as soon as we're on the ground.
3 and
4 since i'm the only crew member not flying back to capitol i'm out of there as soon as i've done the logbook and had a chat with the "new" captain.
5 taxi waiting for me outside the terminal building, it's now 20 minutes since we landed.
6 get in the taxi, get home, pay and get in. 30 minutes.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizenAt least 10-12 times?

Sorry didn't see that, well must have been some other reason then.
Hard to tell for somebody that wasn't on the flightdeck at the time.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Eh??

Me? I've accumulated over 3,600 hours of flying..have a private, instrument, instructor instrument, commercial, and multi engine certifications.

Well, how nice for you. But, with that attitude, might want to cool your jets a bit....

I too was a CFII/ME for several years....then started at a few commuter airlines, until finishing the career at a major U.S. carrier. Well, I'll name it, since they've merged now with United....it was Continental.

24 years there.

Total time about 20,000 now (I really stopped counting long ago....the airline kept all records, and I have the print-outs from them...too much work (and not really necessary) entering it all into Logbooks.

ATP (of course), type rated in the DC-9 (that covers all models, including the MD-80 series), the B-737 (also covers all versions) and the B-757/767 (which is a common type rating for both airplanes).

Any questions?

Be glad to answer them. (Already did as to the OP).

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I used to have a flasher on my plane -- I was always low and slow, here is where you can buy one for a 140 bux -- pretty cheap really for plane stuff

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

what type of aircraft was it ?

Commercial airliners sometimes use their landing lights in poor conditions or in crowded airspace for easy ID, there are also permitted times when jet liners are changing flight level they flash their lights as an indication.

Private jets such as the learjet have specially designed lights for this purpose to

Wee Mad

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I used to have a flasher on my plane -- I was always low and slow, here is where you can buy one for a 140 bux -- pretty cheap really for plane stuff

Forgot the link

www.sptpanel.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

what type of aircraft was it ?

Commercial airliners sometimes use their landing lights in poor conditions or in crowded airspace for easy ID, there are also permitted times when jet liners are changing flight level they flash their lights as an indication.

Private jets such as the learjet have specially designed lights for this purpose to

Wee Mad

Could not tell exactly, as it was fairly high up and it was nighttime. Sky was clear, though. Very good visibility. No other traffic nearby.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join