It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JetBlue Plane Diverted to Buffalo After Bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

JetBlue Plane Diverted to Buffalo After Bomb Threat

www.wgrz.com

BUFFALO, NY-- A JetBlue flight from Boston headed to Chicago was diverted to Buffalo after a telephoned bomb threat.

FBI officials confirm to 2 On Your Side a telphone bomb threat was made and the plane was diverted to Buffalo just after 8am.

Officials say the plane is on the ground and in a secure area. A female passenger has been detained.

JetBlue released this statement regarding the incident:

Due to a security issue, Flight 923 from Boston-Chicago diverted and landed safely in Buffalo where the aircraft was met by local and federal authorities. This is an ongoing investigatio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Still breaking so not to much to report on yet. But I will say they have a female suspect in custody, which seems not the norm to me anyway. Usually when things like this happen it's always the male boogyman if you know what I mean. At least it's on the ground and in a secure area. And don't we have all this new security at the airports nowdays so this should be a non issue anymore shouldn't it?

www.wgrz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-3-2012 by jaynkeel because: error

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Still breaking so not to much to report on yet. But I will say they have a female suspect in custody, which seems not the norm to me anyway. Usually when things like this happen it's always the male boogyman if you know what I mean. At least it's on the ground and in a secure area. And don't we have all this new security at the airports nowdays so this should be a non issue anymore shouldn't it?

In this case, airport security doesnt seem to come into play that much.

The threat was received via telephone, not by something supicious being found that had been snuck through the security.

As far as the suspect, I feel like not all of the news is there yet.
The one quote in the source says a passenger is 'detained'
The TSA source says that a passenger is being 'interviewed'

Could it be that the passenger was the one who received the call on their cell and then relayed the message to the crew? It seems odd that a bomb threat was received by telephone, but then a passenger on board is detained.

More info has to come out here.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Updating with some additional info...

Chicago Tribune

This clarifies my earlier concerns.

The incident began with a call to JetBlue from someone who said there may be a situation involving a passenger and a possible bomb threat

The passenger was specifically named.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's Iran!

I may sound crazy now but later I am going to sound like the genius I am.:lol

Or it could be that crazy ass flight attendant that freaked out he other day!

edit on 12-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

In this case, airport security doesnt seem to come into play that much.

Ahh but if they were doing their job it would be a non issue correct?
But I get your point.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What comes to mind for me is a possibly disgruntled ex. People do some seriously wacky things when they get kicked to the curb.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov

What comes to mind for me is a possibly disgruntled ex. People do some seriously wacky things when they get kicked to the curb.

That was my first thought as well, someone trying to exact revenge on the woman fr who knows what.

But I didnt want to speculate too early.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

FBI officials tell 2 On Your Side the threat was the result of a domestic dispute.

cheektowaga.wgrz.com...

Seems a few of you were right!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would just have to say disgruntled passenger opening up their big mouth...Why don't they just release the information about this female passenger so we can draw up our conclusions to what it may be...Instead they are going to drag this on, and withhold information so they can stir up that this is in fact a bomb threat to keep the MSM audience on edge...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

Maybe the woman was afraid of flying and called it in on her own plane to get back on the ground ASAP.
Haha.. I'm sure not that case, but for some reason it popped into my head and It seemed so possible I had to post.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I have a feeling some women who have consorted together might be helping these odd instances out a little bit...I do believe and hope for a better reason. But I have an odd feeling, some sneaky women are up to something. When a women wants to sneak good luck ever trying to figure it out or stop it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov

Having lived and worked in Buffalo, having eaten the original Hot Wings, having watched many Bills' games in the freeze, this woman should be shot.

top topics

join