It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gemstones And Mystical Properties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Starrunner
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm afraid you're going to find more myth than any facts. There are few stones/metals that have scientific measurable properties.

As far as you know, have there been any scientific studies done on healing/mental properties of gemstones?

Sorry, nothing I have read about. I was referring to general studies into stone/metals like copper's antimicrobial properties, magnetite's magnetic properties and gold's conductivity to name just a name few. These are measurable aspects. The scientific community generally considers the entire idea of non-medical healing pseudoscience.

I personally do believe there is something to the properties of stones. I had a small milk quartz stone that when ever I came into physical contact with it my life went to hell, it eventually was tossed in the river. I found (or it found me) a dagger shaped stone, slate I believe, in a river that I use as an athame, for those that don't know an athame is used in magical ceremonies. I also own a stone chakra balancing kit.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Interesting thoughts. I love the amethyst, as I find the color soothing and light. It conjures up thoughts of spring in me. Any light-colored stones will have similar effects on me. I recognize it as a visual thing though.

Would wearing a stone as a bracelet around the wrist have the supposed same effect as around the neck as a pendant?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Throughout history many different cultures have considered gemstones to be imbued with different healing and mystical properties. Just the fact that the beliefs have been around so long and continue to be around is making me wonder if there really is something to it. I've been interested in all different types of gemstones all my life and have amassed a good collection of loose stones. Until now, my interest has been with their beauty and the minerals they're created from.

I want to be able to separate superstition from fact in my mind and want your opinion on the subject.

Yes, I believe stones (and metals) worn can influence our mind & health. There are numerous books on this.

Don't have time to read the thread now. Want to bump this up though.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wonderful thread! It should be bumped for those of us who missed it when it was first presented.

I have a lovely collection of gemstones, both polished and raw and just love them!

I wish I had pics to share, but I don't. I would love to hear about other people's collections and see pics if possible. What are your favorites? Some I purchased just because I loved the look of them, others I felt drawn to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join