It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban vows revenge after US soldier allegedly kills 16 Afghan civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Taliban vows revenge after US soldier allegedly kills 16 Afghan civilians

The Taliban website has some choice comments.

They are Promising to get revenge.

They are accusing the U.S. Military of arming mentally ill people.

Published March 12, 2012
FoxNews.com

KABUL, Afghanistan – The Taliban is vowing revenge against the U.S. after an American soldier allegedly shot and killed 16 Afghan civilians in a Sunday rampage.

In a statement on their website, the militant group promised to "take revenge from the invaders and the savage murderers for every single martyr."

They added "American savages" committed the "blood-soaked and inhumane crime."

"If the perpetrators of this massacre were in fact mentally ill then this testifies to yet another moral transgression by the American military because they are arming lunatics in Afghanistan who turn their weapons against the defenseless Afghans without giving a second thought," the statement said.

Afghan officials reported nine of the 16 victims were children and three were women. They said some of the bodies were also found to be charred.

Taliban Threaten Revenge

The top commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John R. Allen, issued a statement saying that he is "absolutely dedicated to making sure that anyone who is found to have committed wrongdoing is held fully accountable."

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There are other reports from witnesses saying that a group of drunken US soldiers was responsible for the attack, not just one.

edit on 12-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Where is this Taliban website that has the threat on it?

I'm not just taking the word of Fox News.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

I am trying to find it myself !!

no luck yet .....

ETA: here's something ..... very slow loading however.

Islamic Emirat Of Afghanistan

edit on Mar-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Right. Because the Taliban are good people who would never threaten anyone.

Fox news sucks, just like all the rest, but your doubting that the Taliban would take exception to this? You take your meds today?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
from this website:

Islamic Emirat Of Afghanistan

Statement of Islamic Emirate regarding the inhumane crime committed by the American savages in Kanda

Monday, 18 Rabi'ul Akhir 1433
Monday, 12 March 2012 04:03

Statement of Islamic Emirate regarding the inhumane crime committed by the American savages in Kandahar

The sick minded American savages, in continuation of their barbaric actions have once again reached out to committing a blood-soaked and inhumane crime in Panjwai district’s Zangawat region, Kandahar province today. According to their own statistics, more than 20 defenseless villagers were directly

shot and killed whereas the scene testifies to numbers far greater than that. A large number from amongst the victims are innocent children, women and the elderly, martyred by the American barbarians who mercilessly robbed them of their precious lives and drenched their hands with their innocent blood.

According to witnesses from the scene, the American savages perpetrated this crime in the homes of three such villagers which posed no threat to them militarily or security wise and neither were theses martyred villagers a menace to them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Right. Because the Taliban are good people who would never threaten anyone.

Fox news sucks, just like all the rest, but your doubting that the Taliban would take exception to this? You take your meds today?

I'm not doubting anything but you cant just say that the Taliban said that on their site without showing the source.

Fox News can say the Taliban said whatever it that the people would expect them to say, as long as it gets them cash right?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm not doubting anything but you cant just say that the Taliban said that on their site without showing the source.

Fox News can say the Taliban said whatever it that the people would expect them to say, as long as it gets them cash right?

Fair enough.

Reguardless, the Taliban kill their own people for the simple crimes of being women and wanting an education, adultery, and more. Its not surprising they would issue such a statement.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Cut the crap people this nothing but another agenda until this day the profiteers of war has made impossible with corrupted money to end conflict.

We have been deceived again, the profiteers in the war business are making a killing with conflict so conflict have to be created in order to keep the money flowing.

One village among many that has been decimated because collateral damage is now a center point, darn they are good, how long we have been in conflict? and now one village, among thousands with Innocent civilians, darn then what it was in all other villages we have ravage during the heat of the war, rats? no, they were terrorist

People doesn't get it, we have been deceived again to keep the conflict going for profits.

One fall man will make sure the war keeps on going.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's a shame that this vicious cycle must keep happening.

The smart thing would be for U.S/NATO to admit defeat and leave but that will never happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And so they should.
I cant tell you what i would do if anyone murdered members of my family.
But I wouldnt stop hunting this guy down until i held this murderous bastards life less body in my hands.

Revenge would taste so, so sweet

Originally posted by xuenchen

They are accusing the U.S. Military of arming mentally ill people.

Well i think that the US is arming retarded people, we call them soliders.

edit on 12-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is an agenda behind the whole issue and I will be stupid to assume that the agenda is originated here in the US high ranking pushers of war for profiting.

Afghanistan can not get so empowered to renounce on of their major source of income to keep their government from Collapsing, US tax payer dollars, as we know that country like Iraq have not many sources of income at all

So to me it have agenda all over it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Um, I was under the impression that we were fighting the Taliban anyway. That the Taliban were trying to kill us regardless.

So now because of this, they are going to kill us deader???

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
There are other reports from witnesses saying that a group of drunken US soldiers was responsible for the attack, not just one.

edit on 12-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

Links? I havnt been following this story, I just heard about it so if there are reports that more US troups involved then could you please share?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

LOL mate.

I think it just means that they will do this after they kill them deader

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Originally posted by beezzer

LOL mate.

I think it just means that they will do this after they kill them deader

Enough of our own people do that to us anyway. What's one more?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This should get me flamed, but needs to be said anyway in my opinion.

First, the US soldiers were wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Period. Murder is murder whether donning a uniform or not and certainly there is a difference between war time deaths -- kill or be killed -- versus the murder of innocent, unarmed citizens.

However, I wish the Taliban would react this emphatically when their own kills their own -- via land mines, suicide bombings, etc.

I find this to be incredibly hypocritical. Violence of any sort should be shunned in favor of diplomacy whenever possible. This should be global policy, by all members of the human race, enforced by common sense and morality.

Should Afghan citizens denounce these soldiers? Yes.

However, I wish they would denounce their own citizens killing innocents just as much. And as far as revenge, it solves nothing and only further escalates the violence in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If the retaliation threat escalates as it did with the scorching of a couple of Korans one of two things may result.

The retaliation will certainly be greater than the horrible crime that was just committed and could result in a drastic game change to either change the rules of engagement or push the troop pull out date way ahead of schedule.

My money is on the latter. Cut and run we have no other reason to be there and what ensues in the coming days will ensure that the welcome mat has been completely pulled from underneath the boots of our troops who have sacrificed so much for absolutely no gain. We will leave the region just like we found it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They will pack up and leave once the body count starts to sky rocket. What do you think the Talibans have planned for their revenge? Maybe they would hide near the airports and shoot "stinger missiles" at the departing US/Nato transport/troop planes as they are leaving Afganistan for good. A kind of fiery send off. Who knows what they have planned.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
This should get me flamed, but needs to be said anyway in my opinion.

Should Afghan citizens denounce these soldiers? Yes.

However, I wish they would denounce their own citizens killing innocents just as much. And as far as revenge, it solves nothing and only further escalates the violence in my opinion.
They dare to denounce the US/NATO troops because the troops are civilised people who would not come after them. If they were to denounce the actions of the Taliban they would be found and taken into the desert and "toyed" to death. In fact they would be so tortured they would wish for death. That is the reason for this one sided hue and cry.

new topics

top topics

join