It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government: Christians Have No Right to Wear Visible Cross or Crucifix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
British Government: Christians Have No Right to Wear Visible Cross or Crucifix

Are they going too far now ?

March 12, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Britain’s Conservative-led government plans to argue in a European Court of Human Rights case that employers are entitled to ban the visible wearing of crosses at work because displaying the symbol is not a recognized “requirement” of the Christian faith.

A document leaked to Britain’s Sunday Telegraph outlines the argument the government plans to present at the tribunal in Strasbourg, France, where two Christian women will claim that their rights were violated when employers barred them from wearing crosses at work......

The Double Cross

Will vampires prevail ?

Who is Double Crossing Who ??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think wearing the torture death sticks used on Jesus is a sick insult to Jesus. Besides, most people who wear the cross do it for vain reasons and are usually non-christian hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We brits are now 2nd class citizens they have been stripping our rights away for years,i bet they will never stop muslims wearing burkhas or seekhs carrying daggers even though if me and you was caught carrying a knife we could do upto 4 years behind bars,it is a total joke,the only reason they do it is becouse they know they can get away with it and untill we make a stand and say enough is enough they will continuie untill we dont even have a right to protest anymore and it is legal for them to kill us on the spot

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

im with you on that mate
what happened to great britain
united kingdom my a**e

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Finally another step in the right direction of phasing out this dangerous mind control cult.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
.....even though if me and you was caught carrying a knife we could do upto 4 years behind bars,it is a total joke....

Only if it had a blade over 3 inches and a locking system. There are no statutes preventing daily carry (within reason of course, some locations are hyper sensitive), of a folding, non-locking bladed object with a blade of less than 3 inches length. There are some Sheffield knifemakers left, Trevor Ablett for example.

Trevor's knives hold a fantastic edge once you've spent a bit of time sharpening them. A number 6 Opinel with the locking ring removed is a good, cheap, French alternative. It's possible to buy a bigger Opinel, shorten the blade and remove the locking ring. Buck make some very durable, small non-locking knives if you prefer American craftsmanship. For the most modern type choose one of Spyderco's U.K. legal range. The standard sub 3 inch Victorinox swiss army knives are handy, the alox range are more substantial and highly recommended. Heinnie and Moonraker are the two best suppliers I'm aware of. Both have a U.K. legal section.

It's important to remember some police have had extremely disturbing experiences, giving first aid in a failed attempt to save the life of a knife crime victim for example. This tends to increase the chance of an emotional rather than strictly legal approach.

To understand the difference between Law and statutes find time to fully understand what this man says here.

Getting back to the cross, I'm told it actually represents a technique of recognising your position in the universe. You stand with arms outstretched, imagine a line stretching infinitely into the distance in both directions and passing through your heart. Then add an imaginary vertical line passing through your head, heart and out through your feet stretching infinitely away above you and infinitely down through the planet and on through space. You are here.

There is always the fish symbol though that allegedly has pagan origins. I can't help feeling there's a case for developing some new symbol that cleverly draws attention to the manipulative and undesirable intentions of 'political correctness' in a humorous and cheeky way.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

You are right.They will always trample the rights of Christians,because Christians seldom even try to stand up for their rights in general-glad these woman have the backbone to make a stand.Having said that,i believe Christians AND Muslims,ALL people have the right to wear jewellery and clothing that reflect their faiths.I get so despondent some days- WHY,OH WHY THE F,can people not just TOLERATE each other?!? If i walk into a business,i want the service im paying for,preferably delivered in a polite and efficient manner.I dont give a rats ass if said service is delivered by: 1) Christian wearing a cross necklace, 2)Satanist wearing pentagram+dead -rat-skull necklace 3)Mickey Mouse wearing a pink tutu,a Hitler moustache+blue suede shoes. But then,maybe the "business"aspect is just an eyeblind,and its just plain oppression of Christians,under a weak excuse.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Christianity dont have to be a mind control cult-thats why i opted out of organised religion and traditional Christianity.I have a relationship with the entity Lord Yeshua.No need for a church building,or even to associate with Christians.I used to go to church for Holy Communion once a month,but havent been for a while now-i can have it at home if i want.Your intent makes a thing holy or mundane.Besides,one dont get forced into any faith at gunpoint.

top topics

join