It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Mummy With Giant Head Discovered In Peru

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Arken

May be just a hydrocephalus..

And Macro Oculus, Triangular Cranium, all combined and mixed in one.

...and we just happened to find that one, eh? Out of all the Peruvians ever burried and lost, a vastly rare combination of deformations happened to be preserved, and found... Thats equally plausible as it being extraterrestrial!
edit on 13-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

South America is a hot bed for strange birth defects. One area of Brazil in the last 18 months has produced 3 children born with 2 heads - this is all clearly identified and medically documented. The info is open and there for those who wish to search for it.

I know we are all conspiracy nuts on here but come on. Instead, i think we should be looking at why South America generates so many freaky birth defects (and India while we are at it).

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Honestly, I would put my money on genetic mutation rather than an extraterrestrial life form. The only skull I believe to be from outside of our planet is the "Star Child," merely because of its potential DNA difference between it and humans.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Is this mummy an adult or child? The reason I ask is the opening at the top of the head would be normal for a new born child, that being said, it would be the only thing normal about that skull. Me thinks it's a child skeleton of what I do not know?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmertSpionam1
reply to post by Arken

Is this mummy an adult or child? The reason I ask is the opening at the top of the head would be normal for a new born child, that being said, it would be the only thing normal about that skull. Me thinks it's a child skeleton of what I do not know?

It's a child (this has been pointed out several times).

Children's skulls, as you rightly point out, are NOT fused bone but are made up of bones that are linked together only with muscle so that the head can grow as the child does.

This one appears to have had its head bound.

The head may be slightly larger for the body (there's no full picture of the mummy that I see.) And the shape of the skull is consistent with head binding. The rest of the anatomy (and I'm speaking as someone who taught human anatomy at a university) is normal human anatomy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cuzco!!?? Wow! I'm headed there this summer with one of my old anthropology professors for a 2 month dig! I hope we can divert to where this was supposedly found to check it out ourselves.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thank you. And yes I have fallen victim to the dreadful disease know to all ATSers!
That of "Did not read the whole post before commenting itis."My apologies I will see
a witch doctor ASAP.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the mother personally .......

Squeezing that mofo head out of her lady bits must have took some doing!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Simply fascinating!

I've always had this gut feeling about Peru and wondered how much of our history is kept secret here.

To all those who think we've discovered everything:

Far from it!

No matter why this being's skull is the way it is, this is another learning opportunity for everyone.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
it's called inbreeding case closed

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Whew! Thanks for cracking this mystery for all of us.

Here I was thinking that it may have been a nutritional deficiency with the mother, a chemical in the environment, radiation, or a genetic birth defect.
Thank goodness you were able to identify inbreeding so easily!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All this speculation, how about a simple DNA test?
Isn't that simple enough!
edit on 13-3-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Nothing of human. Nothing of known.

Not what the anthropologist says.

He says it's a child under 2 years old with an enormous head.

Don;t see how that stops it being human...

That doesn't explain in the least the fact that this "2 yr old" has wisdom teeth and molars.

Most kids have their first set of teeth by the time they are 3 years old. ... Between the ages of 17 and 21, four more teeth called wisdom teeth usually grow in

Your teeth

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

This is actually erroneous .. the difference with the skulls found (all over the world btw) with large skulls is, their skulls do not form the same way our humanoid skulls form (even malformed human skulls).

Our human skulls have different plates that solidify as we age... The skulls found do not follow the same pattern and have formed completely different.

Head binding doesn't account for all of the skulls found, some of the skulls could not have formed due to head binding as well as skeletons found that are 2.5 meters plus... some as big as 10 meters.
edit on 3/13/2012 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My mother (nurse) used to watch after this boy that had the most odd (and sad) rare disease. his body didnt grow past that of a toddler, but his head did grow.
Normally children with this disorder (will go get the name of it from mom should anyone show interest) die young...but modern medicine can keep them alive for quite a long time...in their teens...and its soo sad, because they are otherwise just as intelligent and perceptive as anyone else, but due to all sorts of issues, they can't talk, can't move much beyond a bit of shaking, etc.

I had to babysit him now and then, such a wonderful little guy, only thing to do is keep him smiling as best possible.

Anyhow, this skeletal frame looks like the same disorder (head kept growing, body stopped).

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Excuse me for having an open mind (Atsers hate that) but that skull looks very much like a Zetan!! Even has the tiny body to go with it! Now I just wonder.. if it was a Zeta, what the heck is it doing in Peru, and why did it not go home, and die here on Earth ? hmm.. Of course we have had contact throughout history, so its not impossible that a Zeta got stuck on Earth or something along those lines.. just weird the Eyes, head, and body all fit the skeleton of a Zetan!

Thanks for sharing;
~ Love is an art

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

To all the birth defect excuses and claims... You people were not alive thousands of years ago when humanity wasnt F***ucked up on drugs, Genetically modified food, fear and all the nasty stuff our bodies intake on a daily basis.. Sure birth defects could be plausiable but LEAST plausiable to me. Anything that is alien or sub-terranean is automatically a defected human ?? What do you people know about anatomy of ET/SU-T beings ? Keep an open mind will yea, our Et families of the cosmos are most luckily going to be here this year, you gonna deny when you see one too ?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Anything that is alien or sub-terranean is automatically a defected human ??

Alternatively, anything slightly off on the structure of a human = alien to you?

You do realize its this auto assumption that everything is alien that makes the discussion of potential extraterrestrial life visitations seem like a subject for the absurd.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

You need to give genetics and the human body more credit.
Birth defects were around way before drugs and environmental contaminants. Maybe a problem with a civilization's crops such as blight that caused the mother to have a nutritional deficiency. We just don't know.
www.archaeologicalplanningconsultancy.co.uk...

The prevalence of spina bifida from Fishergate House (9%) was similar to that from the medieval monastic cemetery at Hull Magistrates Court (Holst et al forthcoming), where 10% of individuals excavated were found to have this condition. At Blackfriars, the prevalence was only 7%, while it was even lower at St Andrews, where 4% of individuals were affected. However, at Towton, the prevalence was considerably higher than at Fishergate House, with 24%. A prevalence of 5 to 25% spina bifida occulta in a population is considered normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join