Bizarre Mummy With Giant Head Discovered In Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

could be a baby with gigantism.
edit on 12-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

I think this video is relevant to this thread.

I suggest, though, that the elongated skulls could be linked to the traditions of selected infants having their skulls trained to become elongated through banding the heads with aid through priests. Check out this video which explains it all.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by haven123

could be a baby with gigantism.
edit on 12-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

I think this video is relevant to this thread.

I suggest, though, that the elongated skulls could be linked to the traditions of selected infants having their skulls trained to become elongated through banding the heads with aid through priests. Check out this video which explains it all.

This does not explain the eyes witch are 3 times bigger then a regular skull or the top lip of the skull, the jaw and the left and right side of the temple. This is probably not homo sapien.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by Arken

They say the hole in the head calls for attention. I wonder if they suspect this being was killed?
Its eye sockets really draw my attention. They must of been huge!
edit on 12-3-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

Actually the hole in the head thing is a form of ancient surgery that actually carries a lot of credence.
It's called a Trepane. It releases the pressure and alters the blood/brain ratio.
It has been said that this procedure "opens doors" in our brain to new types of thoughts, etc.
It has been linked as well to the idea that we as primates where actually designed to walk on all fours and only rarely stand on two legs.
Try crawling around your place for a solid hour, letting your head hang down when not in use.
Feel the blood invigorate your mind.

Here is one of several articles on this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I was focusing on the skull...not specifically the eyes.

But maybe this video could explain the size of the eyeballs they could of had...which were surrounded by a lot of muscle and other sebaceous glands.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Nothing of human. Nothing of known.

Not what the anthropologist says.

He says it's a child under 2 years old with an enormous head.

Don;t see how that stops it being human...

just what a human would say when he/she was gonna describe it for the first time, or?

someone created this "child"

nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This appears to be the skull of an infant that died either during, or just after, childbirth.

This is most strongly emphasized by the fact that the cranial sutures have not joined the six bones of the skull, leaving the obvious fontanelle visible in the picture.

Assuming this to be the case, the elongated shape of the skull would also be caused by the deformation of the skull during childbirth (we are designed like that to allow our large craniums to fit through the birth canal). Had the child survived, the head would have acquired the normal roundness, the bones of the skull would have calcified and hardened and the sutures closed.

The eyes of an infant form relatively early in the gestation process and are quite large compared to the size of the skull when born, hence the large eye sockets shown here are not unusual.

The "lip" noted on the mandible and the absence of dentition also are attributes of a newborn.

Here's a link to a page about the infant skull

There's nothing in the picture to indicate scale but my assumption is that this is tiny compared with adult remains. Note also how large the skull appears in relation to the ribs, another indication that this was an infant.

Sad, but not strange.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
...i think every one should see this guy photos, its 1000+ of them and some from the same area like OP skull>>
some of them can blow Your mind*
www.facebook.com...
edit on 12-3-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Now I can see trying this....

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by Arken

Try crawling around your place for a solid hour, letting your head hang down when not in use.
Feel the blood invigorate your mind.

However, I do have to draw the line somewhere!...

Here is one of several articles on this.

I am quite certain that I will never drill a hole in my head without an exceptionally good reason! YIKES!
edit on 12-3-2012 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am skeptical if this thing is real, but if it is then it definitely does not look like a normal human. Even the jaw part looks very different and unusual.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Nothing of human. Nothing of known.

Not what the anthropologist says.

He says it's a child under 2 years old with an enormous head.

Don;t see how that stops it being human...

Must be more to it than just a inflated head though, since also the jaw and eye sockets looks unusual.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
SWAMP GAS EVERYONE DW, JUST SWAMP GAS

Great find dude. Looks legit.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm not going to say it's an alien.

But it's definitely an alien.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Arken

May be just a hydrocephalus..

And Macro Oculus, Triangular Cranium, all combined and mixed in one.

...and we just happened to find that one, eh? Out of all the Peruvians ever burried and lost, a vastly rare combination of deformations happened to be preserved, and found... Thats equally plausible as it being extraterrestrial!
edit on 13-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
thats bizzare its amazing what nature creates,you got to feel sorry for the mother that gave birth to that kid.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Evidently a hydrocephalic child who died young since he only has one tooth and his fontanelle (the diamond shape in the top of the skull) is not closed. This means he was less than one year old. A good portion of his twenty inches is the malformed skull. He may have also been born prematurely. Most likely his eyes were bulged out from the pressure of the expanding, water-filled skull. This would cause the optical orbits to become over extended, as the bone tissue in babies is very soft. Just another poor soul who didn't ask for his fate. Someone cared for him enough to bury him tenderly.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken!
Star & Flag! This is a great find..I can not wait to pass this on!

I wonder what it was, once upon a time..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Back in Lima, (A REAL) 'anthropologist' Pablo Bayabar attempted to put together the pieces of the malformed mummy.

"Children's head are proportionally bigger than their bodies. Here we have two points. First, the fontanelle is open, and it usually closes at 31 months. And it has molar that usually appears between 13 and 19 months approximately. So we are looking at a child under two years old with and enormous head," he said.
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me 'and actually has evidence to support it'... It gets better

He said it could have been a human sacrifice to placate gods during times when the Incans felt threatened. "This is possibly a human sacrifice, common during Pre-Incan and Incan times. Historians have written for example that during the times of the famous 'capacocha' -- situations where the Incans died or could have died -- they sacrificed children in the areas close to large mountains to honour the mountains," Bayabar added.
Case closed as far as i am concerned, took me all of 3 minutes research....
Source:www.ntn24.com...

Same source states - so I am confused why you recon the case is closed?

"The lower front part of the jaw has a kind of fin that doesn't exist in any ethnicity in the world. The opening at the top of the head also calls the attention, and it has wisdom teeth and molars that also don't coincide with any human being," she said.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

This appears to be the skull of an infant that died either during, or just after, childbirth.

A childbirth with..theet? With Molars?

Hmm... may be, but if so, than, probably,.... NOT HUMAN!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Looks interesting. if it was of alien origin you would think the government would cover it up or something

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by Arken

Arken!
Star & Flag! This is a great find..I can not wait to pass this on!

I wonder what it was, once upon a time..

Thx.
I really don't know, but, in my personal opinion, we must rewrite the history of human kind on this planet.

There is a black hole in our far past, a black hole that terrorize.
And this scare someone....

They are worried what they still do not know!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join