It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan MPs 'out of patience' after Kandahar massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Afghan MPs 'out of patience' after Kandahar massacre

www.bbc.co.uk

Afghans "have run out of patience" with foreign troops, the country's MPs have warned, after a US soldier killed 16 Afghan civilians.

The strongly-worded resolution came as US officials issued an alert, fearing reprisals after the Kandahar rampage. Nine children were among those killed.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai said the act was "unforgivable" and Taliban militants have vowed revenge.

The soldier is being questioned. Nato has promised to deliver justice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So, the entire hand over could be in complete jeopardy after the burning of the Qu'rans and now the massacre of innocent civilians. I've said before and I will say it again the Afghans will only take so much before they go back to the Taliban, although the Taliban also exploit children in war and have IED's scattered all over the country they are not foreigners, something which every Afghani holds close to his heart.

The trial of the soldier needs to public and IMO he needs to be tried by an joint Afghan/NATO court to allow the Afghan people to cast there own judgement with NATO acting as a regulator to stop any crazy sentence or punishment being passed down.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-3-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They'll use this to stay in the middle-east longer. No doubt acts like this enrage the whole area there, not just Afghanistan.

Sometimes I wonder wether the war will continue another 10 years....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its all a show and the worlds a stage.

They want upheaval in Afganistan, they don't want peace. When are people going to learn this?

The more problems there are the better for the bankers and the globalist agenda.

CX

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest

So, the entire hand over could be in complete jeopardy after the burning of the Qu'rans and now the massacre of innocent civilians.

Just that one sentence raises questions for me.

What is the question most asked by those who question an event? Who benefits?

On the one hand, this could indeed be the work of a stressed out individual. The other, the work of many people who did it for other reasons.

No handover = ongoing war. Thats got to be a nice little earner for some people out there....and i'm sure it's not the troops or the Afghan people.
Just a couple of small incidents amidst the grand scheme of things have come along at a very handy time for the people who profit from war if you ask me.

CX.
edit on 12/3/12 by CX because: My spelling was that of a drunk 3 year old.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Does anyone else see the obvious in this? What I see is Quarans were burned under someones orders. The response was predicted and desired but insufficient. To remedy that insufficiency further insult was necessary to elicit reaction. Activate Manchurian Candidate #629572. We have the current situation.

If the Afghani do not wildly react and cause a bunch of collateral deaths over this, it is my observation that another deeply insulting offense will be ORDERED - but it will be seen and reported as "anomalous."

Stay safe, say what you see as long as you can.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

to stop any crazy sentence or punishment being passed down.
reply to post by TheGreatest

Sorry?
What this guy did was unforgivable, so what if he is sentenced to death, stoning, beheading etc!!
Honestly if this isn't dealt with publicly, preferably in an Afghan court the entire region will erupt.
Its dickhead like this solider (i bet he is never publicly identified) that leads to every man and woman on the ground in Afghanistan becoming direct targets of retaliation.

I read that he is in US custody and under US military jurisdiction. Let the sweeping under the carpet commence.
If the US can kick up such a # storm about getting Julian Asange and Gary mckinnon (spelling?!?!) extradited to face trial in the US then guess what this POS needs to stay in Afghanistan to face a trial over the barbaric and cold blooded murder of innocent children and civilians.

If he is sentenced to death, so be it, that is how they roll over there.

END OF STORY

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

Actually its not called sweeping under the rug. The term you are looking for is called a status of forces agreement, and just about every nation on the planet has their own version when their military is based in a foreign / allied country.

It guarantees the military the person belongs to first crack when it comes to their actions and rightfully so since they are in country on military orders and not civilian orders. That setup can be waived, however in this case I dont see that happening.

Also, there are conflicting reports coming from the civilians. They stated there was more than just one person, yet the only person missing from the base was the Sgt. There are documented cases of the Taliban / Al Queida killing civilians they suspect of working with NATO / US, and they in turn use those killings as propaganda, laying blame on the military for their deaths for different reasons.

Obama has stated he wants the troops out and set up a quick timetable for their removal. The argument that this was done to sew discontent to prolong our presence doesn't really make sense or fit the facts. Karzai has been distancing himself from the NATO presence for some time now, and he has made no issues in being friendly with Iran and Pakistan.

If the Afghan government were to order US troops out, we would have no choice but to comply. I really dont see the UN or NATO condoning a forced presence under these circumstances. If the Afghan people and government think they are better of without NATO being present, then thats their decision.

We can use the money saved on our vets to ensure they get the medical assistance they need when they come home in addition to using it to put Americans back to work. I say pull all troops home, shut down our foreign bases and reinvest in America.

Keep the military strong in terms of defense and let the world police themselves.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Where's the outrage from Afghans when one of their own, slaughters nato / non Afghan people... nowhere.
Not condoning what he's done, but there is more to this, as poster above said, activate manchurian candidate

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Of course there's none. Only Americans are evil. Haven't you caught on to the mass of hypocritical discrimination on here? This website is nothing like it used to be. Very disappointing.

This thread will soon turn into talk about how Americans should be killed etc etc
edit on 3-12-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There are documented cases of the Taliban / Al Queida killing civilians they suspect of working with NATO / US, and they in turn use those killings as propaganda, laying blame on the military for their deaths for different reasons.

I'm sure the above statement is true.....but I don't see how that situation is relevant to this one. Our own media is reporting that this was the work of one U.S. soldier who surrendered after he committed the murders. The only thing our own media might cover up is the fact that it was more than one U.S. soldier.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The Afghan civilians are giving a different story. They are stating there was more than one US military member present. The Afghan soldier manning the gate reported only one person left, and that was confirmed after doing a head count at the base.

My point is people are so quick to jump on the US is evil bandwagon while ignoring other information that is questionable. People have no issues holding the US accountable, while at the same time ignoring actions by people on the other side of the fence.

I have no issues with holding our people accountable. I have no issues when people make an argument in favor of peace.

I do have issues when when people make the above comments, only to ignore those same standards / moral view when the act is by someone / entity / country other than the US. I have issues with the hypocrisy and naievity they show.

I have issues when they demand accountability while not demanding it of the other side.

I have issues and take exception to them when the argument gives the appearance / argument that US lives mean absolutely nothing an killing them is viewed as a good thing.

I take exception to their hypocrisy.

By all means, lets hold out people accountable. Who is going to hold the other side accountable?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The Afghan civilians are giving a different story. They are stating there was more than one US military member present. The Afghan soldier manning the gate reported only one person left, and that was confirmed after doing a head count at the base. My point is people are so quick to jump on the US is evil bandwagon while ignoring other information that is questionable. People have no issues holding the US accountable, while at the same time ignoring actions by people on the other side of the fence.

Okay...I just needed clarification because I thought you were suggesting that the Taliban or Al Qaeda may have done this and that the U.S. soldier was being blamed through media propaganda. It didn't make sense to me.

I agree with you with regards to the above. The Taliban, et al, are always quick to threaten vengeance in the media for acts like these by the U.S., but when they commit the same crimes, it is acceptable in their eyes. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. However, you can be sure that our "beloved" U.S. media waits with baited breath in anticipation of the subsequent vows of REVENGE against the West made by the terrorists and governments of the Middle East so they can plaster the headlines with them. Got to keep those threats of terrorism and mayhem alive and well in the minds of the American population. The entire situation is just as sick and twisted on our end as it is on theirs.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

to stop any crazy sentence or punishment being passed down.

Sorry?
What this guy did was unforgivable, so what if he is sentenced to death, stoning, beheading etc!!
Honestly if this isn't dealt with publicly, preferably in an Afghan court the entire region will erupt.
Its dickhead like this solider (i bet he is never publicly identified) that leads to every man and woman on the ground in Afghanistan becoming direct targets of retaliation.

I read that he is in US custody and under US military jurisdiction. Let the sweeping under the carpet commence.
If the US can kick up such a # storm about getting Julian Asange and Gary mckinnon (spelling?!?!) extradited to face trial in the US then guess what this POS needs to stay in Afghanistan to face a trial over the barbaric and cold blooded murder of innocent children and civilians.

If he is sentenced to death, so be it, that is how they roll over there.

END OF STORY

Because a video or even an whisper of an American military personnel being sentenced to stoning could easily be manipulated into propaganda for the Taliban and used to manipulated youths into fighting for them rather than try and bring peace to their country.

To successfully hand over the security in Afghanistan we need to have enough credibility with the general population that when we take on a mentor role, new recruits are willing to learn from ISAF troops because they are proven soldiers and not weak mentally unstable men with guns.

The Taliban are still considered by some Afghani's as holy warriors, religion is a powerful and dangerous weapon that could easily be manipulated and backed up by various reports such as the ones we have heard in the news over the past couple of weeks to turn potential ANA/ANP recruits into a Taliban fighters.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

If we want to go further down the conspiracy theory road all we have to do is look at Major Hassan and his incident in Texas where he went on a shooting rampage. There is some confusion as to how this Sgt. could leave the base in uniform with weapons, by himself, and head to the village without attracting the attention of anyone, including the enemy.

At the very least I would like to know if they are exploring that possibility that this may have been a setup to the extent of the "appearence of a US soldier exacting revenge" when in fact it may have been coordinated.

Not saying thats the case but with the issues of US service members going jihad we cant rule that out completely.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know, and please don't take this out of context, but perhaps that man did the United States a favor?

Getting out of afghanistan is probably going to be a really good thing for the US, at least for the economy and the troops, as well as your image in the world.

So even if this is a terrible tragedy and not to be forgotten, or fogiven, perhaps some good will come of it.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join