It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught in Skiing photo Mammoth Peak Ca.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Seems like this alleged UFO is the copy of the one taken above Alburquerque, in June 1963 (The Paul Villa Case), which is a known hoax:

Brightness + 50, Contrast -60, Gaussian blur 1.0 pixel:

Same shadows, same light.... smoking gun?
edit on 13-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Wow, great find and comparison

I think you hit this one on the head very well. Star for you....better than my digital enhancement of the photo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you!

I've just sent an email to Linda Moulton Howe with my above post content, let's see if she will reply...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you!

I've just sent an email to Linda Moulton Howe with my above post content, let's see if she will reply...

I took your picture and did a side-by-side comparison without any digital enhancements. See for yourself if it matches...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Why would earth files even post this crap?

I hate Linda M. Howe. I swear, she's the worst. Ok I don't hate her, I just hate her journalism. And I hate that George Nory has to have her on c2c all the time. And I hate her website

BUT THAT'S ALL.

Seriously though.... Does her site ever have anything of value?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/news/M/MammothSkiDiscCroppedCU021904.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.earthfiles.com Port 80

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

You just need to go to this link.
I got the same message when trying to access the pictures.

And for the picture itself, it is one of the better pictures that I have seen for a long time.
There is no pix-elation beside the UFO. There normally is, when you copy paste something in.

But its still easy to remove the pix-elation, if you photoshop it on another way. I also think that may be the reason why he placed the UFO on the blue background, its easier to remove the pix elations.

Its easy to fake, but the picture seems more legit than so many other pictures, also because it seems like the UFO is actually in the picture.. Like instead of the pictures the others posters have posted, their UFO's are 'out of place'. There is a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Absolutely. Also, changing shadow positions takes a long time,
and it screws up the original picture making it look terrible and
easily spotted as fake.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

[/URL]

I made this little picture to explain what I was saying before.
The reason why there is a little pixelation around the skiing picture, may be because its so close to the mountain.
edit on 3/13/2012 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/13/2012 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looks too good to be true...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Looks too good to be true...

Aren't they ALL?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I have seen a few, very few that are conviencing but these days it is too easy to hoax...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Welp, I don't know what it is I am seeing.
So, going to go with the side waving the flag of definitive proof on ET based flying saucer tech in this picture.

Considering it can be anything..might as well go with the cool option before accepting the fact that it is simply a unknown

Anyhow, star n flaggy thingie for the contribution. One day, we will have a very high resolution picture of a UFO..that way we can all scream "too good, must be fake".

What is known about the source btw (source does matter)...and of course the raw picture to see if any kajiggering has been going on with the photo to begin with, etc.

Now, gonna go maike a sign "Welcome to Earth, Take me with you!" and wave it around in a general skyward direction until more is known about this pic.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thank you!

Very nice
Sure looks like a match
Be interesting to see if she responds

So it's either a good job of photoshop, or that ship was caught by two people

edit on 13-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This obviously HOAXED picture and fabricated story is yet another reason why LMH does more harm than good IMHO. After the "drones" debacle I'd hoped she would actually put forth a little effort in researching the flotsam she gets sent.

Guess not...

Moving to the dreaded ATS [HOAX] Forum.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok, just a quick update!

I haven't received any reply from LMH yet. However, checking Earthfiles Site today, I just noticed that she updated the report by only reporting the original faked Paul Villa photos and saying that it "closely resembles the February 19, 2004, Mammoth ski photo".

And neither credits for me for the finding (it's not the most important thing anyway!!) nor any word about the 100% fakery match between Villa's photos and Mammoth's photos...

Something's just not right there...

edit on 16-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And neither credits for me for the finding (it's not the most important thing anyway!!) nor any word about the 100% fakery match between Villa's photos and Mammoth's photos...

Yeah I hear ya I found my entire Naval Space command thread copied at three websites One had a small line at the end 'thanks to ATS'

I don't worry about it anymore
afterall we just get the material from the web anyway. Its not like you took that photo

But Earthfiles has gone mostly subscription

I swear I need to stop being stupid and doing this for free... I need to get in on the cash cow I can use a new car

I mean look at the result... you bring a photo here and the reward is the dreaded HOAX bin

Way to go shooting the messenger
edit on 16-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Fake. It doesn't even look real. They just copy and pasted it. The disc may be real, but it wasn't really in that location. The coloring of the disc and the coloring of the photo just don't match up.

What Does a Real UFO Look Like ?

I have Seen Two Flying Saucers AT the same time, and that Black Triangle.

The Flying Saucer's though were the best as they did exactly what the few people on this planet said they do regarding flight.

I find it hard to believe you post with so much confidence in regards to what looks real or what does not look real.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Great work on finding the original UFO!

This is standard behavior for Linda Howe though, I'm not surprised she won't admit to it being a hoax or not giving you any credit. Her subscription based business relies on keeping the mysteries going, people don't want to pay money to look at a bunch of fake photos and stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join