It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying saucer photographed over Barrancabermeja, Colombia 9-Mar-2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just saw this, the video is spoken in Spanish, but here is a translation taken from what is talked about in the video.

Can anyone explain what else is being said, beside what has already been translated?

This daytime photo of some kind of disc-shaped UFO was taken over in Colombia on Friday, 9th March 2012.
Two unidentified flying objects were photographed when they were in the Barrancabermeja refinery. The photojournalist, Edgar Malagon, says that while on a photography work at the refinery in Barrancabermeja, his camera captured images of two UFOs that were in the vicinity of the oil complex. Said the photographer of the mayor of Barrancabermeja, which at the time of the photographs of UFOs, was doing work for a documentary on the oil city of Colombia. He argued that the two UFOs flew over him at a distance no greater than one kilometer and the clouds. He said that the shape was oval, very perfect and they were going at high speed.

Below is a still taken from the video footage, see link for video.

Original Source With Video

edit on 12-3-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection on the window glass from lights inside the building.

Would be easier to tell if we could see the full sized image.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I thought it may be fake until it illuminated with dark patches....like friend said,there would have to be a better critical point of view.
edit on 12-3-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
now if only we could see the video
that this is supposed to be a still from

until then i predict another ATS bicker-storm
and yet i comment anyway
in the hopes more information comes to light soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Up above on the dish in the sky thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The actual source video would be nice.
This is a video of stills from the original video.

I suspect, were the original video viewed, we'd see that this is another case of window reflection.
That is, of course, a suspicion.

Video of stills on a monitor from the source video is a bit spotty, if not outright dodgy. Actual source video would give us higher probability of conclusion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Youtube link for the video:

Again, another poor document to work on. Nothing can be said about it, it could be anything...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

i think its actually not a video, but photos, so maybe we can find the original photos somewhere??

At the time he took the photographs he was doing work for a documentary on the oil city of Colombia.
Since we’re not fluent in Spanish we were unable to ascertain the date the photo or photos were taken.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

When i see something like this pop up, i just post it to throw it out there, to see what people think, of course its no conclusive proof of a ufo, but interesting none the less.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some info on the video... he is a photographer with 40 years of experience and a person that didnt believe in this type of phenomenons. It's also said that he saw only these 2 shapes when he was seeing the pictures he took...
he says something weird because he says that those ufos were concealed by the clouds and were coming out.. (but i dont see any clouds on the picture).. he also says he had the sun in his back...
the reporter says he will handle the picture to "experts" to validate the veracity.

i am not spanish.. but in portugal we can understand it because its similar.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Your report is wrong, this photo was not taken on March 9, 2012 but on December 15, 2011.
I think it was discussed before without any glory and dismissed, anyway here is the original
photo but resized to obey the rules.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
reply to post by Denied

Your report is wrong, this photo was not taken on March 9, 2012 but on December 15, 2011.
I think it was discussed before without any glory and dismissed, anyway here is the original
photo but resized to obey the rules.

this is not the image.

at least not the image that comes with the video.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Looks like a reflection on the window glass from lights inside the building.

Would be easier to tell if we could see the full sized image.

i believe the full size image is shown in the vid.

looks pretty solid imo.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Again, another poor document to work on. Nothing can be said about it, it could be anything...

Wonderful! A crop of a video of a still from video recorded from a computer screen playing a video. And yet I can still tell it's garbage!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Theres something about the transparency that makes it appear as though its just a reflection. He does mention in the video that he believes they are camouflaged in the clouds and they appeared to be coming out of there. For some reason i am getting the audio in that video only halfway through. Im interested to hear what he says during the first part. Anyone else getting that problem or maybe its just my computer ?

Kinda resembles this other video found on the same website. Transparency and cloud consistancy wise:

edit on 12-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

To be more accurate, the photo you show here came from a MUFON report:

...But have nothing to do with the OP video IMO...

edit on 12-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I'm a little skeptical about this photograph. To me it looks like its under water.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That looks mighty big.
Perhaps a disk ship like:
The Rex Heflin disk ship photos

The UFO Hunters Episode

UFO Hunters plus new evidence

Oddities I found were numerous dark orbs about in one photo
and the dirt underneath rising up in another photo.
The new evidence was some measurements perhaps in a follow on video.

This disk ship had photos taken years earlier in Ohio.
Travis Walton saw a flat disk ship at a secret base.
One of the only known shapes.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Disappointed (Not in the OP though) that there wasn't an actual video.

I'm guessing if the guy was just there to take pictures, then he may not have video footage of the UFO. These pics may be all we get. I'm hoping otherwise.

To blackmetalmist - the video you posted is a similar image as far as transparency, but my first thought about the object in the video was bubbles. I can't tell how far away the object is, or its height, but it kind of just looks like they filmed a bubble. It doesn't look like it's moving, but I think that could be because it's against a solid blue background (no clouds or structures to measure if it's moving or not.) Maybe even two bubbles stuck together, kind of like this -

Or... they actually make clear plastic "bubble" balloons - Bubble Balloons

Do you have any other info on the video though? I'd like to see more.

I believe in the possibility of life on other planets, but I'm not sold just yet that either of these things are indeed other worldly.
edit on 13-3-2012 by jacktorrance because: left out a word

edit on 13-3-2012 by jacktorrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Hmm.. Plastic bubble balloons seem to be a possiblity. I wonder if they even fly that high. Not enough video to come to that conclusion though

Chinese Lanterns? lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join