It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres, JC Penny, and 666 in New 50's Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So I was watching TV the other day, when I spotted this JC Penny. I thought I noticed a couple interesting references.... appears I'm not the only one...

Ellen DeGeneres, JC Penny, and 666 in New 50's Commercial
bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com...
"Have you seen JC Penny's latest commercial featuring Ellen DeGeneres? Watch closely and see what jumps out at you multiple times.

Do you see the three sixes? It's quite obvious...

The sale starts at 6:00 am, yet the people shooting the commercial promote the 6 am sale as:

6 am 6 ? 6 pairs rather just just 6:00 am. I wonder why they decided to do this?
Posted by Bungalow "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think there's too much of a conspiracy here..., the use of 666 is too obvious, probably just a marketing ploy.
Not to mention, the obvious push away from traditional family values. One examply being the use of Ellen DeGeneres.

just to get the gears turning...

"Penney was a Freemason most of his adult life, being Initiated into Wasatch Lodge No. 1 Free and Accepted Masons of Utah, on April 18, 1911.[6][7] A member of both the Scottish and York Rites Penney was coroneted a 33rd Degree on October 16, 1945, and received the Gold Distinguished Service Award by the General Grand Chapter, Royal Arch Masons, in Kansas City, Missouri in 1958."
en.wikipedia.org...

seeing how everyone likes to blame their own misfortunes on others, I thought I'd throw in a freemason reference.

Then maybe to point out some insider trading(maybe), or just downright BS that resulted in the profiting of millions, by not truly doing any real work...

"In June 2011, JCPenney announced that Ron Johnson will become the company's new CEO."
en.wikipedia.org...

Ron Johnson (businessman)
"On October 31, 2007 Johnson exercised 700,000 stock options in Apple stock with a strike price of $23.72, and then sold the stock later that day for $185 to $185.21 apiece netting him a USD $112m profit."
en.wikipedia.org...(businessman)

At the end of the day, none of this really matters... I just thought it was interesting, and that I would share... I'm sure some conspiracy lover could formulate some evil, sinister plot, and how JC Penny is trying to destroy the world. That's not my forte...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I am getting a message that the page is gone

"blogspot"

I have to watch for the commercial again...I think they are funny though.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have never shopped at JCPenny's and the use of Ellen Degeneres will ensure that trend continues.

The commercials are targeting Kohls and I think they just like using alliteration, no conspiracy here.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Here you go. Yeah, kind of weird but I think nothing of it. It just gets people's attention and get them talking about it. Advert ploy IMHO.
edit on 12-3-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They are cute commercials. And they're just making fun of the ridiculous sales stores have gotten into. I see nothing wrong with it myself. Ellen is a great entertainer, and its not like shes flaunting sexuality in the commercials. Who cares who people sleep with as long as it consenting adults.Would you like people monitoring your activities in the bedroom? Really sometimes TV entertainment is just that, entertaining and nothing else.

top topics

join