It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Lunar Dust Buster.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
But if we vacuum up all the dust, then we won't see cool tracks from boulders rolling, like this:

Or this:

BTW - while I was in that area, I noticed this formation, that kind of blew my mind. I want to say it's a rock arch in that crater, but the way it's lit, sort of makes my eyes cross. Not saying it's something alien or man made, just thought it was cool as hell to look at (there's also a lava field by here with rolling lava folds that is just too cool to look at):

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You may have seen these before look at image probe at botttom of pad.

heroicrelics.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

More here re that

heroicrelics.org...

That let the astronauts know that they were about to touch the surface (a light would show on control panel)

Now if the dust was really thick this would't happen.

You can see the sensor bent out along the surface.

Not a lot that dust would hide in an image

edit on 14-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Very true...and I haven't suggested there are feet of it..or even a uniform coating of inches. *I* don't personally know anything about the moon. I'd first become aware of the dust problem by reading about it over..and over..and over again in the various direct 1st person accounts from those of the missions than landed on the Lunar surface. It's the same kind of endless bitching I've heard people in my family go on with about the sand in Iraq.

In that way, the moon is a place where things change with the timelines of eons, by the look of things there. Dust settles..and just stays there. Perhaps not forever, but close enough for Government work.

So imagine the most beautiful artwork in the world somehow laid out across a flat surface and mere centimeters of talc powder is spread across it all...so at least a couple centimeters exists all over. Now you don't have the best display of Artwork ever seen. You simply have a flat expanse of white talc powder. Even that thin a layer....UNLESS of course, someone comes and blows just a bit completely clean to peek beneath.

Imagine the surprise...to find a work of art below what would just be a thin coating of icky, boring talc powder.

The world is a boring place without imagination, right? Without the drive to find things just because they're there, we may as well write off space entirely. We'll never get there if profit is the only motive to do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
[more
Great pictures. There is what comes to mind for a landscape I want to personally see men on again while I'm around to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join