It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montgomery County Drone Crashes into Swat Vehicle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
LOL's

www.examiner.com...

(Conroe, Montgomery County) -- A drone has crashed during a police test flight near Houston, adding to growing safety concerns as more police departments take flight with the unmanned aircraft.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office north of Houston became one of the first police departments in the country to begin flying Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for police missions in October 2011.

County officials and the maker of that drone confirmed on Friday that a recent police-only photo mission went terribly wrong.

As the sheriff's SWAT team suited up with lots of firepower and their armored vehicle known as the "Bearcat," a prototype drone from Vanguard Defense Industries took off for pictures of all the police action. It was basically a photo opportunity, according to those in attendance.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Drone crashes into SWAT team tank during police test near Houston - Houston Page One | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

I'm wondering if this is some sort of conspiracy, or just a conspiracy for DHS to waste tax payer money and then crash a drone into a swat vehicle.

What say you ATS?
edit on 12-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: Hyperlink

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
What say you ATS?

I say
1. Its not a "current event", given that it happened last week.
and
2. Its already been posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks, didn't see that one.

What are the odds of a drone crashing into a swat vehicle on accident though.

I say pretty slim.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I say this was posted recently...but heck, I'm not one of "those" types.

Now I'd really say this gives two examples of obscene waste in one image. A $300,000 toy and what is surely a far more expensive toy it crashed into.

How is it I'm taxed to the breaking point and my son starts school earlier and earlier each year with classrooms they say they can't afford air conditioning in.......yet cops can play middle-aged teenager with a remote control toy and destroy enough equipment in one screw up to have given the whole school here all the AC and heating upgrade they need?

Better yet...how about they just let us keep OUR money and do without any of these silly toys to begin with. I'd be nervous about drones, but with this skill??? The only thing we have to fear is being hit by one crashing into us.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks.

It seems to me like there is something political maybe happening between law enforcement and DHS. That and if we have that kind of money to be spending on drones, why would we be smacking them into swat team vehicles?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Some very smart people get insurance on all those drones that go down all around the world....pakistan,iran,aghganistan,yemen....now usa...who's next?mexico,uganda,venezuala.canada?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Maybe thats a racket I should get into...selling drone insurance...LOL. Except I'd go broke in a week with how many of the things crash!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Yes but if you're on the receiving end you could buy a drone, wreck it into a swat vehicle and then collect.

new topics

top topics

join