It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook tries to censor President Obama impeachment Bill by Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Nothing like big brother hindering the exposure of unpleasant topics with every tool they have including facebook.
This youtuber shows the troubles he had trying to get a copy of H.107 Concurrent Resolution on facebook. So much for free speech.

Necessity is the mother of invention so he shared his dilemma with a bigger audience.
It looks like this topic it a hot button item if suppressing it is so important.

Makes me wonder how many people are employed by the government to slow the spread of the truth?

Open you eyes and question the spin the media is putting on every important issue. This is what ATS is all about.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Google, FB, etc. is not to blame...HTML coding is to blame... This portion here: z?c112:H. is changed to z?c112%3AH. %3A is the HTML code for : (colon) It's not some grand conspiracy...If you copy another link from thomas.loc.gov and paste it into FB, it messes up the URL. For some reason the : (colon) before the H in the original link is not translated correctly. Try any other link from Thomas.

This is probably right. Facebook has messed up my links before that had nothing to do with politics.

But, I could barely take watching that video since it was in internet explorer, someone get that guy firefox.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Nothing like big brother hindering the exposure of unpleasant topics with every tool they have including facebook.
This youtuber shows the troubles he had trying to get a copy of H.107 Concurrent Resolution on facebook. So much for free speech.

Bottom line is Facebook is a private company in which you agree to their terms of service. In such, I am almost positive that they reserve the right to change such terms. They can edit, cut, repost, etc all they want. Users agreed to it. To claim censorship is ridiculous and ill-informed.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Bottom line is Facebook is a private company in which you agree to their terms of service. In such, I am almost positive that they reserve the right to change such terms. They can edit, cut, repost, etc all they want. Users agreed to it. To claim censorship is ridiculous and ill-informed.

Are you working for them?

Why would they censor that link?

And of course it is censorship, it is blatantly obvious.
edit on 12-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Are you working for them?

Why would they censor that link?

And of course it is censorship, it is blatantly obvious.
edit on 12-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

It is a private company in which you have agreed to their terms of service -- similar to ATS. Why is this such a hard concept to recognize? Try talking about illicit or even recreational pharmaceuticals here on ATS and let me know how that goes.

As to your question -- why? The youtube poster already admitted it was probably due to a formatting error. Other than that -- it is well within the rights of Facebook to strike out remarks how they see fit. It is their servers, their data space, their service.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
By the way, what is Mark Zuckerberg ? What are his origins and political and/or religious beliefs ?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Bottom line: the guy could not post the H107 Concurrent Resolution on Facebook. Regardless of agreement to terms of service his post was blocked aka censored. To belittle my post as ridiculous and ill-informed makes you appear to be a tool that supports Facebook doing this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Bottom line: the guy could not post the H107 Concurrent Resolution on Facebook. Regardless of agreement to terms of service his post was blocked aka censored. To belittle my post as ridiculous and ill-informed makes you appear to be a tool that supports Facebook doing this.

Is Facebook your company? Are the services they provide to you, on their own dime, subject to your whim? No! Apparently private property is something most of you so far that have responded is foreign and not liked.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

thomas.loc.gov...:H.CON.RES.107:

OMG...ATS IS TRYING TO CENSOR THE IMPEACHMENT BILL.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Why in the hell would anyone censor a bill that is going to be going nowhere...

It's not like it makes or breaks this bill...or is it a conservatives paranoia kicking in.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh for the love.... how in the hell does anybody that has the ability to read call that an Obama impeachment bill? Could it be that if the person trying to post it on facebook is dumb enough to think that it is an Obama impeachment bill is also dumb enough to not use facebook? Never mind that the bill can not get anybody to support it and that it does not mention Obama why would anybody censor it? It would be a good way to make an example of all the thousands of stupid bills that congress wastes money on every year that never go beyond the first stage.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I tried to post it and had no problem. 3 other youtube posters said they couldn't do it either.
What can I say? Fluke.
If it ever was a problem it isn't now.
Sorry if I raised anyone's blood pressure on this one.

top topics

join