It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROVE Racial Equality To Me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't..... and I'm a parent of 2 black children.
I'm Portuguese, so I'm more olive than white, but you know what I mean. I'm still considered "white". Show me the proof of racial equality. I can show you how race doesn't matter, but can I really? To who it matters?

I don't see color, but everyone else does. Admit it folks, some of you do care.
I don't care, my kids are black, and let's say you like them just the way they are, have a great time around them, think they are the greatest.... now let's say we travel to plain Jane America state... is that the consensus? No, it isn't.

I say this because of many things. One recent thing being a neighbor... they said we wouldn't "fit in" with their church. Huh? Why is that? It's because we are white parents with black children.... period. I know his type, and that is the reasoning. I'm not speculating.

This is NH., Live Free Or Die.
Our kids are the only black children in the entire school district. Imagine 200 white kids, and 2 black children in that mix. I didn't ever want to talk about this, but hypocrisy is what it is, people believe what they want to believe, and that's their Rite.
Our neighbors think we aren't "worthy" of "their church"... which is the ultimate hypocrisy, considering "Christianity" is the teachings of "Christ".... no? I have long hair, & a beard, which must look completely different from their Jesus apparently, because I am treated like the long haired Charles Manson by these people.

Us

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Jibby, i thought you would have known that the system is designed to divide society. Religion has been branded into our world and that in itself creates division.

I think the average person is 'racist' to some extent, whether they say it or not. It's a shame, it really is, however there isn't much to do in a society that promotes violence and manipulates the public.

Personally, i don't consider myself racist, i respect every person, culture and race on earth. HOWEVER that doesn't mean i actually like them all, there are particular characteristics among cultures that i do not approve of, or give me decent reason to have no desire to associate myself with them. That doesn't mean i will treat them differently in any fashion. I can dislike something while still ignoring the fact that i dislike it, you yourself choose your own actions and emotions, it's up to you whether you become a slave to them.

When you, as a person live in a society that is socially, and consciously on a lower level, you have no choice but to feel hurt. I can sympathise with you, i understand how painfully abusive religion can, and will be, especially in certain locations around the world where a church is full of predominately white people that only want to be around white people, but it's not just them who are like it. People always flock to others who appear like them.

There is no end in sight, racism is not stopping anytime soon. The only thing you can do is move to a community of real people, unfortunately most of the time it's always that quiet country town.

At least you can get some kind of support from online communities of like minded people such as those here at ATS. It might not be ideal, but at least it's knowledge that people that have grown up, and you can find strength within those communities.

Racism has a very, very large history to it; it has been embedded into our society, into our minds and our education and media outlets. It's not an easy task to all of a sudden stop a human mentality that has been around for thousands of years.
edit on 12-3-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I appreciate your insight, it is accurate for the most part.

I'm stretching to the outer limits to tell the kids what to believe and what to not believe, being "the neighbors embedded beliefs", but it's hard because it's their kids preaching this racial nonsense, not the parents. I have to tell the kids that's it's all non sense, despite what they hear from them.

I call my neighbor "Buzz Killington", because that's who he is when it comes to a backyard gathering of friends of mine before he intervenes.

He is like a toxic poison as far as his mentality. His beliefs are others' beliefs, so ignoring him totally is like ignoring the entire towns' mentality.

Everyone likes our kids, period. They are good kids.
But the local Religious beliefs dominate the locals' beliefs, which is the problem.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I feel for you. I've been in the same position as your children, bless them. Few black kids in an all white school, man you don't want to expect it but you know what people are thinking. Then people speak what they think. And those 'talkers' didn't like the fact I was smarter then almost all of them. Thankfully, a couple good-hearted teachers took a liking to me. They stopped me from fighting a few times too, just talked me out of it.

Now, I honestly don't think about it anymore. Thinking back though, I got the works. Drive-by racial slurs, people would f*** with my locker, couple kids printed out some monkey pics w/ my face next to it

Just pray brother, i know your fed up but keep the faith. Force yourself into that church, it's the LORD's house, not THEIR house.

Personally, i don't consider myself racist, i respect every person, culture and race on earth. HOWEVER that doesn't mean i actually like them all, there are particular characteristics among cultures that i do not approve of, or give me decent reason to have no desire to associate myself with them

That's completely racist. IMO

What kind of characteristics are you talking about? Physical or social?

EDIT: Brace yourselves for the religion bashing. It's not the religion, it's the PEOPLE. Just wanted to make that clear/
edit on 12-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It's not about teaching your kids what to or not to 'believe'. It should be about teaching your kids how to think, not what to think. I can't say this from my own personal experience as i'm not a parent. However i was always taught how to think, and i'm lucky to of had a mother that was so open about everything. She raised me as a catholic, went to a catholic primary school and secondary all boys school. However she never once pushed religion onto me, she never told me to go to church, she never told me to pray or read the bible. She always asked me. After i left high school i dropped all forms of religious belief and for a couple of years was heavily against. But that soon changed to acceptance and i developed my own system of spiritual beliefs, how the world works, how the universe works, life and death etc. It has greatly empowered myself to be who i am and what i feel is right, without being influenced by the system around me.

I'm not saying to you give up religion, or don't teach your kids about the bible, but if you let them learn, they will learn. If you show them what is right and wrong on the most basic level, they will understand. While i don't follow the bible, the most fundamental idea that i live by is treat others the way you wish to be treated, which i first learned in a religious class. I don't know you at all, i mean how would I? But i've seen enough of your posts on ATS to know you would want the same equality for your kids that you do for everyone else.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
My kids are adopted, and adorable regardless of their origins.

My kids could come from Disney's million dollar teets, doesn't matter, there is no racial equality when it comes to Religion, period. No matter what anyone says, whites are pure, blacks are sinners, not trolling here, but prove me wrong from real life scenarios.

There;s going to be a problem here soon between me and Buzz Killington, I'm so sick of kowtowing to Christianity's delusions, I'm sick of being nice.... but the minute I'm an ass hole... I'm going to be reported to Homeland security as a "person of interest". Yeah, that's where we're at now.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Personally, i don't consider myself racist, i respect every person, culture and race on earth. HOWEVER that doesn't mean i actually like them all, there are particular characteristics among cultures that i do not approve of, or give me decent reason to have no desire to associate myself with them

That's completely racist. IMO

What kind of characteristics are you talking about? Physical or social?

EDIT: Brace yourselves for the religion bashing. It's not the religion, it's the PEOPLE. Just wanted to make that clear/
edit on 12-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

Definitely not physical. It's all social.

For example, when i was in Malaysia a couple of years back, i stayed there for about 2 months. I was staying with my Malaysian girlfriend and her family (I'm Australian) and had no problems, her family were the nicest people i had ever met. But the moment i was out in public with her, we got all these stares, we would not be treated respectfully, we were always trying to be ripped off, and every now and then someone would yell something out.

I don't dislike the country of malaysia, i don't dislike the people, but because of the way i was treated in that short amount of time, i have no desire to live there.

That being said, while i said i have no desire to associate myself with them, does not mean i don't want to be associated with them. It just means i am neutral, rather then being positive.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well, Jibby, racism is a topic of great interest, so why not remove it totally; and redefine it.

I'd like to think that the only differences between us goes beyond face-value or "skin-deep," as it were.

I think of race as the Human Race; and we all can procreate solidifying our membership of being and belonging to "One and The Same, The Human Race."

Skin, Eye, and Hair Coloring, are only attributes of a person or like a package. It doesn't matter what color, size, or shape of box you are, YOU'RE still a box.

I'm not so sure how each pro-racial organizations would agree with this, they would lose-out in influence and power. But would it dilute the Civil Rights Movement or strengthen it? Get rid of racial inequalities for good by getting rid of classes and races? I wonder how many people would oppose it, knowing it could benefit the whole of mankind by seeing no differences rather than holding on to cultural identities while short-changing our collective "one-ness?"

Social Class and Racial Groups started with Bacon's Revolution as a way for elites to control the masses. Once subdivided and grouped into classes and races, people are easier to control; and we'd rather have them fighting each other than us as elites right?

I see this as having placed a huge stumbling block in-front of another which is plainly forbidden by the highest law there is.

Still, I'd place my hopes and faith in everyone "belonging" to the same race...The Human Race. I'm sorry for all the pro-racial groups out-there, but I'm going to take the "high road," on this one. It's the only rational and logical choice, since all of the others serve to divide and diminish people. It makes them an object to class them by skin, eye, or hair color, when they are really supposed to be subjects.

Peace and Long Life! May you live long and prosper!

Trek

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

We teach our kids to respect all life.
They don't even know what color racism is, but their friends do.

Our neighbors: "Hey that's cool, our kids have never been around black kids before, it's a good learning experience for them..... "
Yes it is, but you're teaching them that skin color means something different than who they are. We are the only black people you've experienced.... but you treat them like a learning experience, and not as real people.
Black people in an all white community.... is a novelty that soon wears off.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, we are all allegedly "made in gods image" and we all know how "god" enjoys a planet full of racism, sexism, fighting and wars.

The masses of this planet are DEGENERATES... just like their silly man-made "Gods" are.

edit on 12-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Skin, Eye, and Hair Coloring, are only attributes of a person or like a package. It doesn't matter what color, size, or shape of box you are, YOU'RE still a box.

You can teach "your" kids this, but you can't rely on your neighbors doing the same.
Most suburban neighbors like mine are highly racist and don't even know they are. They are embedded with Christian indoctrination, but they don't have the facilities to handle the reality of life.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I think of race as the Human Race; and we all can procreate solidifying our membership of being and belonging to "One and The Same, The Human Race."

If only all religions thought the same. That's the problem I am facing, blind, ignorant, Christianity. I'd love to see what REAL Christianity is, but from what I've seen, it's a racist religion that promotes diversity and inequality.... if it doesn't, I'd be relieved to be proven wrong.

edit on 12-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Use the Force Jibby!

as beforethehang is saying racism is an institution
and has been going on for a while
may as well command the waves

comensurate force or fortuitous archimedean point required
and this institution is archonic so,...

that said i consider racists to be beneath me for lacking the sense and intelligence given an animal.
cats with white fur don't hate cats with black fur, or toms do they?
substitute any species it's only with "humans" that it breaks down

violence and aggression in nature are due to territory, and competition for food, etc.

it's about division, 1st it was with the sexes that's the major division in the psyche,
"fear the Other"
or in racism's case
"fear that which is different or UN-Usual"

"Fear is the Mind-Killer."

pick your battles wisely, it's almost as if a communally religiously created egregore has sent
it's dark emissary against you

no seriously, when weird stuff like this starts happening one should pay attention and take notice

funny[ or not,really], i almost posted as a joke on the prior abortive thread that a major disturbance [in the force]
had occurred around your house...

maaan i'm thinking you're sounding like a witch in Salem just before the storm broke

maybe you should take a long trip with the family?

is this guy very active in the community? y'know making a point of introducing himself to every one?

i'm not saying flee for your lives!

but you might want to consider your current situation more closely, and assess wisely

as for your kids?
hell jibby, just love them
and teach by example.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

the jehova's witnesses cornered me the other day
didn't learn but one new thing
there are over 42,000 sects of christianity

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm so sick of kowtowing to Christianity's delusions, I'm sick of being nice....

Whoa, hold on now. Christianity isn't a racist belief system.

You just happen to live next to racist people.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, in a nutshell, if you can see why Christianity and some of its teachings are misinterpreted, why racism is prevalent today, or how many people do not realize the value of logic and rational thought of what constitutes a valid argument, then perhaps those are "enlightened" folks.

Racism: This actually happened to me about a month ago. I'm from a small town of about 400 or so people. It's mostly white, has a railroad track between where the whites and the blacks live. Well, there was a house being put on the market in the "white" side of town and a young black fellow expressed an interest in purchasing it until his father decided that his son didn't need to buy a house on the wrong side of the tracks and he should stay on "his side" of the tracks.

Yes, racism works both ways. And with each pro and con there are those which are ignorant but hold fast to beliefs which are so obsolete they threaten the very moral and ethical fiber of any community. Now, wouldn't putting-down preconceptions of others be easier to work together -OR- should we all throw bricks while we live in glass houses. THIS reason is exactly why the FALSE IDEOLOGY and FALSE SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE of the "RACES" needs to die a quick death and never be permitted to raise it's evil head.

No matter what good they (supporters of pro-racial groups and classes) tell you comes from the Civil Rights Movement or Affirmative Action; and these actions may do good on the front-end, but we are all worse-off on the rear-end for having them. I submit that the Civil Rights Movement hasn't gone far enough; and it still hasn't eliminated the NEED to have racial groups or classes. Until it does this, it is a failed movement. But I suppose you have to start somewhere. But you still end up nowhere if you don't follow it through to completion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'd just like to add the truth here. Nobody is the same, we are all different. Stop saying that we are all the same. Certain physical appearances will have an influence of how we are. You don't believe me? Look at dogs. They are all one race. They are all dogs, genetically but people can actually tell you what kind of character certain breeds will have [www.ehow.com...]. How is this possible?
Its all in the genes. It is not 100% but in general we can say that a certain breed will be xyz, whilst another is good with kids etc. The reason these dogs behave differently is because the genes that are responsible for certain things such as eye colour, fur, size etc also have an influence on other things, including behaviour. The same is absolutely true in humans. However we don't come in as many weird shapes as dogs do, yet people from different areas on this planet have distinctive features, that will have an influence on something.

Another animal example: if a Siamese cat has two blue eyes, they will be deaf.

Now before you say "but we are not dogs or cats". True but we are build on exactly the same genetic principle, it will not go away by ignoring it. Our genes work exactly the same as all other creature's genes, such is nature I'm afraid. Sticking your fingers in both ears and go "lalala I can't hear you" will make no difference.
Also calling people racist who point this out, still won't make it go away. I am no racist but I do not want the wool pulled over my eyes with fluffy rubbish about how we are all the same, when blatantly we are not.

Notice that at no point have I given human examples. I also have not said at any point that those genetic effects are in any way bad. "Au contraire", they could be very good traits but unfortunately because whenever races are discussed, all reason usually goes out of the window.

Imagine we could have discussions rationally. The reason racism exists is because of a lie that is blatantly visible. The lie is that we are all the same and people are getting confused because they know it is not true.
Of course with humans the way we are brought up also plays a major role in our behaviour but when you see whole nations 'behave' in a characteristic way, you may wonder if their society didn't become that way because of the way the people of the land are from the inside.
OK, I think I will have to give an example here or you will get the wrong ideas [those that shout racism are the worst offenders].
Take Europe. In Europe we know that people from certain countries in general have a 'charming' communal character.
France = Making love a lot
England = Not making a fuss
Germany = Very punctual
Spain = Hot tempered
and so on.
I know that this generalisation is actually true, because I lived in three of those countries, two for more than 20 years. It is weird but definitively true. Of course we are all human and I will never deny this.
Of course we should all have the same rights and of course we should all be treated with respect.

That doesn't change the fact that we are all different. Lets enjoy the differences, lets have stand up comedians rip the sh*t out of our differences, lets be happy about them rather than lie. Understanding would come all by itself and tensions would diminish because we wouldn't have to pretend. I am certainly different, who else?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

there is no racial equality when it comes to Religion, period. No matter what anyone says, whites are pure, blacks are sinners, not trolling here, but prove me wrong from real life scenarios.

This is why I think we should do away with religion and just have the belief in God. People can be spiritual and believe in God without the trappings of religion. Those neighbours of yours really are the worst of hypocrites, how dare they. I hate it when so called ''pillars of the community'' think they can decide what's best for others and who should fit in e.c.t because in reality those kinds of people are the scum of society and I bet behind closed doors things are very different, I bet those neighbours of your get the good old gimp mask out and probably also sacrifice a few hamsters to the dark lord behind closed doors
.......you get my point.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I happen to live in NH as well. People from here are usually realy racist, and the Catholics are huge here and they are one of the most judgemental groups of people ive ever seen... oldschool french catholics here in NH are some of the most bigotted, close minded racist people i ever came across.

Try moving to manchester, the east side. I believe last census estimates we were like 40% white 40% hispanic/latino and 20% black / others....

Hope this helps you

top topics

join