It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the Welcome Wagon Echo 1?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Welcome to my laboratory!

So check this out every land mammal in the world has large amounts of body fur except for 2 species can you guess what those are?

I'm going to show you ones with body fur including species we *cough* evolved from *cough*. And ones that don't.

Apes!

Notice the ape has black skin and still has the fur. Here is information on the congo apes deep in the jungles of Africa still retaining thick amounts of fur.

The Ituri Rainforest is a rainforest located in the Ituri region of eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo formerly called Zaire. The forest's ... The average temperature is 31°C (88°F) and the average humidity is about 85%.

Random Land Mammals!

Humans!

Pachyderms!

Anyone notice a connection here? Something is fishy in the waters! I need your help to figure this puzzle out!

Somehow we lost all our body fur and our skin turned pink. Brown eyes and dark hair changed color and to top it all off we lost 2 chromosomes.

Apes = 48

Man = 46

You may say evolution. But I say explain the logic in losing body fur. I also say explain the logic in skin,eye,and fur(hair) color.

Pigs that are genetically modified with genes to protect their organs and other inside bits from attack by the human immune system are capable of all kinds of potentially life-saving effects. Research has been conducted until now with non-human primates, and while these primates have not been able to survive for all that long with pig organs--at best, a pig heart-implanted primate survives for around eight months--that could be enough time to serve as temporary lifesavers.

www.popsci.com...

Why are we using pig (Pachyderm) organs rather then prime apes?

Now time for me to introduce myself. I'm a easy going person. I like to look at the logical side of things.
Mostly though before I make conclusions I like to see both sides of the fence. You can never really trust one side as far as you can throw them.

Well here's my first thread hope you got something to think about! Wouldn't wanna make a thread that doesn't take any brain power.

*** MOD EDIT***

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. Please, after you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Please refer to the final post for more on this....
edit on 3/12/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread OP thanks. I thought of pigs too but actually they look harier than us. The pig looks kind of human though, you werre right. I guess "you are what you eat."

What about the naked mole rat? :
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

Naked mole-rats spend virtually their entire lives in the total darkness of underground burrows. Ensconced in the arid soils of Africa, these three-inch-long creatures must continually dig tunnels in search of sporadic food supplies and evade the deadly jaws of snakes. Within this formidable environment, naked mole-rats have broken many mammalian rules and evolved an oddly insect-like social system.

nationalzoo.si.edu...

Well from what I remember about our so called history we didn't live thousands of years in a cave. Good find I'll admit this one escaped me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

Getting back to the fur of the pig I remember it was either 1st or second grade they brought pigs in for everyone to see and pet.

They got as much fur as my forearm do.

Meaning you might aswell say they have none cause it's not enough to keep you warm through a winter or have any type of survival use.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Nice thread on the aspects of the evolution of humans becoming hairless.

I have a few things regarding this matter,but since this is a member introduction forum,it will be closed soon.

Since you have enough posts for a thread,I would suggest starting a new thread in the appropriate forum.

And welcome to the family!
edit on 12-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thank you and I'm really thinking about it. Especially with adding alot more. I'll admit this one coulda used alot more in it. But eh it's just and introduction for what is to become!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Sun3Mud6

what about these ugly little things....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
1Sun3Mud6
Welcome to ATS and your thread was very good but id like to know more about you as a new member to our wonderful forum..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
10-4 welcome alpha bravo
give me your 10-20 we
will get the 10-36 and have
a lot lizard to you in no time. We will take
care of the bears copy
edit on 12-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Welcome

You already have more than enough posts to be able to start your own threads. The introduction area is solely for you to say a little about yourself, not start a topics thread. Please review the below which will help orient you into being a more informed member of our community.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Dude idk about you but those are gentically manipulated. If you don't believe that I posted a link in the op backing human animal genetic modifications.

I've already ran across animals genetically manipulated by people to not shed hair it was a dog yes!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hi, I'm one of the many ATS Mods here at the forum. We appreciate you joining up with the ATS Family.

We have a very strict code in place for our members to adhere to which helps keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas.

You posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. As you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can now start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Thread closed feel free to start a Personal Introductions thread, not a topics thread

edit on 3/12/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

top topics

join