It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Reality Set In for Paulites Yet? What Will You Do??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
At some point you Paulites need to come to terms with the fact that RP simply has a snowball’s chance in hell at this point (and actually from the start…years ago when he first ran).

The point is: on Super Tuesday it looks as if Mitt’s main rival, Not Romney (R-Anywhere) will win again as his negatives are adding up faster than his wins. Amidst his atrocious favorability rating, awkward personality and Richie Rich gaffs Romney as always just can’t connect. All the humanizing stories in the world can’t seem to animate this landed automaton. It looks as though Mitt Romney may need someone who can connect and in a way which will deny Barack Obama a progressive’s traditional advantage. Ron Paul’s liberal honey may provide this vital ingredient.
link

Listen to your guy, Napalitano.

The media is talking about it now, but several of us on ATS predicted that RP was going to be Romney’s sidekick some time ago; we were (and likely will still be) quickly dismissed. But the reality has to set in for you all eventually that RP will NEVER be POTUS; he’s always been drastically behind in national polls, his primary results have been dismal and he isn’t….youthful enough….for another run.

So my question is, for the Paulites, IF RP takes the call as Romney or Santorum’s VP will you vote for the Republican ticket??

Conservatives got stuck with McCain as a nominee and many turned their backs and allowed Obama to get elected. Will this happen again, or have conservatives (specifically Paulites) learned their lesson after 3-1/2 years of Maxist radicals?? Will you do the right thing this time?? Will you give it the benefit of the doubt??

My view is this…

The country is on the brink of disaster. I held my nose and voted for Bush and I held my nose and voted for McCain. Once again, the conservative base hasn’t done enough to give us a candidate that fits the bill (presuming Romney gets the nomination…looks likely). In a perfect world this wouldn’t be the case, but DAMN PEOPLE…face the facts….RP is not going to be the nominee. Do YOU want 4 more years of Obama in lieu of RP??

Will YOU hold your nose and vote for a likely Romeny/Paul ticket or will you once again give our country Barry???

edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Has Reality Set In for Paulites Yet? What Will You Do??

Vote for Obama again. In a heart beat. GOP lost their chance to get some libs on their side when they threw their lot in with Mittens O'Bomney.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Some people really thought RP was going to be nominated. I like a Romney/Gingrich ticket.
edit on 11-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Vote for Obama again. In a heart beat. GOP lost their chance to get some libs on their side when they threw their lot in with Mittens O'Bomney.

Well if you’re a lib you’d vote for Obama anyway, right?

I don’t know any libs who lean libertarian/constitutionalist.

Barry voters typically hate the constitution…it’s an obstacle!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Your forgetting one thing; Ron Paul would never accept an offer to run as Obamneys VP he has to much integrity to do that! And if he did no I would not vote for the republican ticket because it is just a ploy to get the Ron Paul vote and Obamney would just continue the status quo so it matters not to me who wins that election. I suspect most Ron Paul supporters would feel similarly.

edit on 11-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Let me translate this thread:

"Ron Paul supporters...Republicans have crapped all over you...but PLEASE PLEASE vote for Republicans...Obama is [insert perceived negative words]....you don't want to have him win again"

I fully expect most Ron Paul supporters to write in Ron Paul's name if he doesn't become an official third party candidate. For those that don't, I think they will split evenly down the middle to Dem and Rep.

But I find it funny for anyone to try to pander to them...we aren't talking about a large amount of votes.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul would not be either Romney's or Santorum's running mate. Paul has more integrity than that. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils because when it comes down to it, voting for Obama or Romney or Santorum would be stupid because none of them hold my best interests at heart.

link   

reply to post by cuervo

Well if you’re a lib you’d vote for Obama anyway, right?

I don’t know any libs who lean libertarian/constitutionalist.

Barry voters typically hate the constitution…it’s an obstacle!

Not true. I was going to vote for Dr. Paul. So were a lot of people I know who were Obama supporters. I would have honestly done it. Many of us don't vote for a party, we vote for ideas. In most cases, we vote for the least dangerous of them.

link   
I don't consider myself Republican or Democrat since I don't believe in the two party system and will vote third party if the nominee isn't Paul, mostly since I don't agree with any of Santorum's social views...At all...("College isn't important", anyone?), and Romney is Obama 2.0

With that being said, I'd much rather show my distaste for the two party system by still taking part in the process than aid another monster into office for the next four years and not permitting myself any sleep as soon as our rights start dwindling even more (And yes, I do believe it will happen either way).

Now, you may be wondering why I'm only doing this if Paul isn't the nominee. Well, to put it simply, I don't agree with all of Paul's views. The main thing on my mind is restoring the economy, and I believe the gold standard is the way to do it based off my own research. Paul's the only one who promises to bring back the gold standard, so even though I know politicians lie and that entire old song and dance people like to spout when people talk about Paul seeming honest, I'd rather vote for someone with good policies and seems honest, hoping they stick to their word rather than voting for someone with mediocre policies that I know is lying either way.

With all of that being said, not all is lost yet. Paul's strategy is delegates, not states, so there was some good news as of late:
www.therepublic.com...
edit on 11-3-2012 by Akuhei because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Your forgetting one thing; Ron Paul would never accept an offer to run as Obamneys VP he has to much integrity to do that!

I respectfully disagree…and so do prominent RP supporters like Napolitano. They’re stoked that RP would be on the ticket! I would be happy with that too.

And if he did no I would not vote for the republican ticket because it is just a ploy to get the Ron Paul vote and Obamney would just continue the status quo so it matters not to me who wins that election. I suspect most Ron Paul supporters would feel similarly.

So you would put Barry back in office? And that would do WHAT? Further destroy the country? You forget that Barry has started two wars with his eye on 2 more (Syria and Iran).

Are you TEACHING CONSERVATIVES A LESSON? Who does that hurt beside you, me and the rest of the people that work for a living?

edit on 12-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ron Paul has been a Repub for a long time, he was a Repub when the party actually followed Repub ideals.

That party has shifted into a Neo-Con party now, hardly a shadow of the original ideals anymore.

I believe if RP is not the Candidate for the Repub party, he would never consider a Vice Pres for Romney .

Romney represents most of what RP is running against.

Myself, and I believe a lot of "Paulites" will probably vote Obama, if Romney is the other choice, Kinda a lesser of two evils if you will.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Let me translate this thread:

"Ron Paul supporters...Republicans have crapped all over you...but PLEASE PLEASE vote for Republicans...Obama is [insert perceived negative words]....you don't want to have him win again"

I will give you an “A” on the translation (minus the please please part).

I fully expect most Ron Paul supporters to write in Ron Paul's name if he doesn't become an official third party candidate. For those that don't, I think they will split evenly down the middle to Dem and Rep.

I fully expect the same thing because most RP supporters are liberals. It goes to show you that RP isn’t a conservative…

But I find it funny for anyone to try to pander to them...we aren't talking about a large amount of votes.

Not that large…don’t be silly…but enough to sway a national vote for sure.

RP doesn’t/didn’t have a chance! You know that!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

(Putting on tinfoil hat)

Many (most) of the Paulites here on ATS are probably going to go Obama. That was their plan all along. Derail, defuse, impact the GOP primaries.

Conservative principles, real principles will determine who someone will vote for. Going from one end of the spectrum to another, well, just shows the political manipulations going on even here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
They will still vote for Ron Paul.

Republicans can either join in or Obama will end up the Pres.

It's really pretty simple, they are going to put their foot down and demand to be heard as this is their last real chance to have their voices matter. It's up to Republicans if they want to stick with establishment candidates, but since they insist on that, don't expect Ron Paul supporters to join in...it's not going to happen. Although some of the support would have been taken away from the Democrat establishment and Obama for Paul, however those votes will probably just go back to what they know and feel comfortable with.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by seabag

(Putting on tinfoil hat)

Many (most) of the Paulites here on ATS are probably going to go Obama. That was their plan all along. Derail, defuse, impact the GOP primaries.

Conservative principles, real principles will determine who someone will vote for. Going from one end of the spectrum to another, well, just shows the political manipulations going on even here on ATS.

People were trying to change the Republican Party, for themselves, because nobody in politics will listen to their voice. Republicans insist on staying with the establishment, that has been working out? None of the Republican candidates have a chance against Obama except for Ron Paul because he could have stolen votes from Dems. None of those votes are going to go for what the Republican party is putting out, they are the ones that are going to cost the Republicans not Paul.
edit on 12-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Thanks for the chuckle Beez, you never disapoint.

If the "plan" was to derail and defuse to impact the GOP, we would all support Sanitorium to push him over Romney.

Get that Nutjob on a stage in a "one on one' with Obama and even the Young Republicans would vote Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Pretty predictable…I was hoping to sway a few and do my part.

You are a hardliner! Thanks for your Obama vote….mine will negate it!

It's really pretty simple, they are going to put their foot down and demand to be heard as this is their last real chance to have their voices matter. It's up to Republicans if they want to stick with establishment candidates, but since they insist on that, don't expect Ron Paul supporters to join in...it's not going to happen. Although some of the support would have been taken away from the Democrat establishment and Obama for Paul, however those votes will probably just go back to what they know and feel comfortable with.

Predictable.. Paul isn’t a conservative and neither is his (HAHAHA….BASE).

Thanks for the input!

By the way, what do you hope to gain from 4 more years of Obama that Paul would have given you??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There’s no way “Paulites" would vote for Obama, Romney or any other establishment whore. And the fact that Napolitano finds the idea of Paul as an establishment water boy “utterly tantalizing” shows that he’s either not a hardcore RP supporter or he’s just trying to keep his job.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

People were trying to change the Republican Party, for themselves, because nobody in politics will listen to their voice.

HOPE AND CHANGE! The Republican Party NEEDS to change but not in the that direction. If you’re willing to jump BACK to Obama then you were barking up the wrong damn tree messing around on the RIGHT side of town. This election will prove that!

Republicans insist on staying with the establishment, that has been working out? None of the Republican candidates have a chance against Obama except for Ron Paul because he could have stolen votes from Dems. None of those votes are going to go what the Republican party is putting out, they are the ones that are going to cost the Republicans not Paul.

Then, again, you weren’t a conservative to begin with.

I feel sad for the Paulites I’ve talked to on ATS who swore they were more conservative than me. They will be really disappointed to find out that half of his HAHAHAH…BASE were a bunch of disgruntled Obama lovers who don’t give two-craps about the constitution.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Pretty predictable…I was hoping to sway a few and do my part.

You are a hardliner! Thanks for your Obama vote….mine will negate it!

Predictable.. Paul isn’t a conservative and neither is his (HAHAHA….BASE).

Thanks for the input!

By the way, what do you hope to gain from 4 more years of Obama that Paul would have given you??

My vote isn't for Obama, it will be reserved for a Republican or Independent...but yeah, I'm pretty stubborn about it.

Paul is a fiscal conservative.

I don't wish for Obama to gain 4 more years, I think what he did in Libya without Congress was a crime and he should be booted right now. My hope is that Republican's hate Obama enough that they will vote Ron Paul just to get rid of him. I really believe he is the only one that can beat Obama...if Republican's joined in with the Ron Paul vote that is. It would be a shame to see Republicans act so stubborn that they put a loser against him, again.
edit on 12-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join