It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aristocracy Would Their Death Be Good?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
1. True, there are no hereditary titles such as duke, earl, marquis or king in the US. However, the topic of your thread indicates you have a willingness to, at a minimum at least, consider the out right murder of those who do hold inherited titles. Why stop there? May as well expand it to anyone you deem "too wealthy"? This is typical of "peoples revolutions". See the histories of the USSR, China, Cuba, etc. etc. etc. Who are you to decide who should live and who should die based on their socio-economic status?

2 What you are describing in your OP, is class warfare. That is how I read it.

3 Class warfare again. As I stated....there will ALWAYS be the haves and the have-nots. It matters not who is in power or what type of political system is in place. Again....see the histories of the USSR, China, Cuba, etc. etc. etc.

4 I fully recognize many people have and will continue to inherit their wealth. I have no problem with inherited wealth. Some of that wealth has been gained as you described.....can't argue with that. Unfortunately, we live in a mean mean world. Slavery and war has been a part of human existence for millinia. I believe there are times when war is justified. Slavery cannot be justifed. I am with you there. Someone, however, must build the tools for war. It is a very lucrative business.

5 You will never close the gap. Again, look at the histories of those who have tried to force it. All that was done was to transfer the wealth to others. The leadership lived like kings while the common man foundered as dependants of the government. Unfortunately, this utopia of which you dream is just that......a dream....as long as humans are involved.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
1. True, there are no hereditary titles such as duke, earl, marquis or king in the US. However, the topic of your thread indicates you have a willingness to, at a minimum at least, consider the out right murder of those who do hold inherited titles. Why stop there? May as well expand it to anyone you deem "too wealthy"? This is typical of "peoples revolutions". See the histories of the USSR, China, Cuba, etc. etc. etc. Who are you to decide who should live and who should die based on their socio-economic status?

ANSWER
The Aristocracy is not a group based upon economic status. You cannot enter their group as any other group can over time. They are a group based upon hereditary title. You cannot enter even if you gain a non- heriditary title such as doctor. When I talk of the Aristocracy I mean the Aristocracy not any other group.

2 What you are describing in your OP, is class warfare. That is how I read it
ANSWER
Quite right too. I think you will find that f you like it or nt there has always been class warfare and they have been winning for a very long time. Why do you only get interested when a group outside of them gets interested. .

3 Class warfare again. As I stated....there will ALWAYS be the haves and the have-nots. It matters not who is in power or what type of political system is in place. Again....see the histories of the USSR, China, Cuba, etc. etc. etc.

ANSWER
As I said this is nothing todo with haves and have nots.The Aristocracy are a separate group. Also it may interest you to know that the poorest people generally like having the aristocracy there. The grouo that is the least royalist and also anti aristocracy are the better off.

4 I fully recognize many people have and will continue to inherit their wealth. I have no problem with inherited wealth. Some of that wealth has been gained as you described.....can't argue with that. Unfortunately, we live in a mean mean world. Slavery and war has been a part of human existence for millinia. I believe there are times when war is justified. Slavery cannot be justifed. I am with you there. Someone, however, must build the tools for war. It is a very lucrative business.

ANSWER
The main problem is the way they pass on their wealth. Only the eldest son guarantees getting anything: in some families their wealth may be enough to give some to other son's and daughters. They the pass on wealth generation to generation, also power. I believe wealth was meant to disperse with generations forcing people to be productive.
( I may also add that there have been rumours of some people killing the eldest son to inherit. If true I believe the police generally leave the aristocracy alone in these matters)

5 You will never close the gap. Again, look at the histories of those who have tried to force it. All that was done was to transfer the wealth to others. The leadership lived like kings while the common man foundered as dependants of the government. Unfortunately, this utopia of which you dream is just that......a dream....as long as humans are involved.
ANSWER
At one time the earnings of the ceo of a company was only a relatively small multiple of the lowest paid worker: relative to the rest of the world. At this point Japan's economy worked fine.
edit on 14-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

The Aristocracy is not a group based upon economic status. You cannot enter their group as any other group can over time. They are a group based upon hereditary title. You cannot enter even if you gain a non- heriditary title such as doctor. When I talk of the Aristocracy I mean the Aristocracy not any other group.

That's not actually entirely true.

What you describe as Aristocracy is actually much closer to monarchy.

Aristocracy merely means "excellent(aristos) power(kratos)" or "rule by the best"; best being defined as citizens who were morally and intellectually superior.It is non-hereditary but is elitist. However, as western society advanced, the definition of "best" became subjective, often focusing on pure wealth and power.

While Aristocracy and Monarchy do often go ha d in hand, with monarchs bestowing hereditary titles on favored aristocrats, they are not the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What the original meaning was taken probably form latin or greek it actually is a group of people with hereditary titles.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I agree completely. S12345 for are absolutely right. The situation the country is now in is because the wrong people are in the wrong places. Also correct aristocracy is not just a wealthy group. The corruption is so huge that people do not see it. After all the british royal family means that to be a head of state you have to be in one family, also effectively that you have to be white.

But the corruption is so large that people cannot see it.
Hitler said if you are going to lie you should lie big, keep it simple and repeat it untill everyone believes it. This is the lie of royalty.
1. Keep the lie big: the divine right to rule, rule through superiority
2. It is quite a simple lie too: we are better than you
3. It has been repeated a hell of a lot of times

And so they have succeeded. How sad for us though. But because the lie is largely accepted there will be no change. Even if things were to get much, much worse, a change will not occur without an uprising and this cannot happen without peoples support. The lie therefore maintains the position.

Maybe if I start now in a couple of hundred years of repeating some lie my relatives could be in charge. Unfortunately I am too honest.The one characteristic the royal family cannot claim superiority over.
edit on 1-3-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join