It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO and Anomilies Around SUN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOGlobe

Totally agree, but don't let it get you down.

Those interested in finding the truth know what it is or know that the evidence presented is solid.

The others, well there's no hope for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

murcery, venus ? that " object " has the movment of a PLANET ! or maybe a astriod or a comet
edit on 14-3-2012 by McC556 because: ummm

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What's up with the Avatar backround music?!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Risqman

Originally posted by dayve
these videos are dumb.... and theirs a reason y these people dont work for NASA. Schmucks

There's* a reason you don't get higher grades in English either genius...
There IS something odd about what's in the videos I've seen, not sure if it's a hoax or something actually there but if it is something unexplained, just might be someone trying to draw off the extra energy from our sun to keep it from going all doomsday on us later in the year. Wouldn't it be something if an alien or humans from the future keeping our sun from going out of control? Either way it's worth a thought, even though our kiddie-non-spelling ATS members call "bunk" on everything they see posted that's unexplained...
ATS is here to keep your mind OPEN, not claim everything posted is BS...

I actually write just fine when i need to, but something like this, i could give 2 sh*ts and a f**k..... I doubt any body from the future or "aliens" is keeping the sun from going out of control, nature has its ways... We cant even cure aids lets alone go into the gotdamn future.... now put your spelling check on and knock yourself out, dick....
edit on 14-3-2012 by dayve because: TYPOS....go figure....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOGlobe
reply to post by Gwampo

Uh, yes it is Mercury, and yes we do live in space. Last I checked Earth is in space... and we track every planet and our satellites.

Phage already linked to the time and date this took place, and at the exact moment Mercury was in view.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, this topic should be moved to the hoax forum, and anyone saying it's not Mercury should be removed from UFOlogy.
edit on 13-3-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

If the UFO was real then it would also be seen by the better SDO.

- Solar Dynamics Observatory -

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not exactly...

The SDO is above Earth looking at the Sun, while the STEREO Ahead is really far ahead of Earth looking at the Sun from a completely different angle. They don't have the same field of view.

That means the SDO would not see Mercury the same time that STEREO Ahead does on March 2, 2012. Mercury would be very far off to the left side out of SDO's view on March 2, 2012.

Here is a rough diagram I made of the field of view of SDO and STEREO Ahead. Keep in mind, the planets and the Sun markers are NOT to scale, and the fields of view are not 100% accurate either:

The Yellow area is SDO's field of view, and the Red area is STEREO Aheads field of view. As you can see, SDO cant not see Mercury, but STEREO Ahead can, on March 2, 2012.

According to the STEREO Orbit Tool ( stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... ) Mercury should be visible to SDO somewhere between Feb. 1, 2012, and Feb. 10, 2012. However... After looking at images from SDO's Archives ( sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov... ) Mercury doesn't show up at all... I am assuming that is because SDO is designed to take images of the Sun, and I'm sure it uses many different filters to see only a set range of wavelengths of light. SDO removes a very wide range of visible light in order to see the Sun's surface.

The only reason Mercury is visible at all to anyone is because it is reflecting sunlight, and I'm sure that by the time the Sun emits light, and that light reaches Mercury, and the light reflects off of Mercury and back past the Sun and into SDO's cameras, the light is at a wavelength that SDO removes.

I am not an expert on SDO so I don't know for sure, but from what I do know that seems to be what is happening.
edit on 14-3-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

OWNED
Btw Nineix how is it that u call this object Mercury? Doesnt mercury goes that way -->
not

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm a bit late,
the youtube video is now gone/removed, due to copyright complaints from 3 entity,
now, anyone have backup or other links ?

I want to view the video too, wanna see some alien spaceship!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Now that you refer to planets I was wondering if any could help me with this: I have been seeing a "star" for three day now and I thought it is the evening star but it appears very small when the sun sets then in a half hour moves down lower in the sky now being brighter, there after it moves even lower but now being dimmer again. the in a hour an a half to two hours since it appeared it disappears. I t also accompanied by a smaller dimmer counterpart. Any information would be appreciated.

Could this by any chance be a planet though I don't suspect a planet would move this fast.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonii
Now that you refer to planets I was wondering if any could help me with this: I have been seeing a "star" for three day now and I thought it is the evening star but it appears very small when the sun sets then in a half hour moves down lower in the sky now being brighter, there after it moves even lower but now being dimmer again. the in a hour an a half to two hours since it appeared it disappears. I t also accompanied by a smaller dimmer counterpart. Any information would be appreciated.

Could this by any chance be a planet though I don't suspect a planet would move this fast.

This sounds like Venus, and the companion "star" is Jupiter. They would indeed move substantially within a few hours' time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
This sounds like Venus, and the companion "star" is Jupiter. They would indeed move substantially within a few hours' time.

Does this mean the planets could disappear in 2 hours, the "star" get very small and dim and then disappears I found this very interesting. I did initially think of planets.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would suggest searching online for some star maps that will show you your evening sky at any given time. You can go from there to identify these objects.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

I was about to edit my post, I went to look at Jupiter and Venus and can confirm this lovely site is these two planets. Now I wish I had a telescope.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonii
reply to post by camus154

I was about to edit my post, I went to look at Jupiter and Venus and can confirm this lovely site is these two planets. Now I wish I had a telescope.

It's a great time to see these two together. If you can ever get a telescope of your own, you won't be disappointed! They are indeed both lovely to look at.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

They have technology that we only dream of.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It won't let me watch the video, is there any other way I can get to it?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't think thats a ufo but i'm not sure what it is :L

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy
[more

Hello. I took this pic a couple of days ago and wouldn't have thought much about it, until I came upon this image from Stereo ahead that you posted. I have to say that the shape in my picture eerily resemble the one of stereo ahead... the same shaped flare a few thousand miles apart? I have no idea.

Shot at 2012-05-02

Shot at 2012-05-02

Shot at 2012-05-02

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join