It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant UFO and Anomilies Around SUN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

It's Mercury.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

If you want to know the real truth, the truth that's relatively boring and harder to swallow, well, please find the original source that isn't labeled with a UFO tag, and ask some people WHAT is going on in the video without any prearranged preconceived notions or ideas about aliens.

What member of what society and/or culture dependent upon what language for their communications has no prearranged preconceived notions or ideas about aliens?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It's Mercury.

Got any proof of that? And those 3 cylinders also mercury?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If i see this video one more time !!!!

*bullet to dome*

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

you know what im sorry, i saw this video and assumed it was something else. I wont remove the other comment because i think its good for people to see it and my stupidity. Even on ATS we rush to conclusions to our dismay loll.

This is a dope video and people NEED to see it. How big do you think those objects were ??? im totally confused.

STAR AND FLAG !!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Reminds me of one of Ray Brasburys short stories. . about a frozen ship that flies onto the sun to steal some of its eternal warmth and bring it back to their homeworld.

So I dont think this is a planet..just looking at its movement in the time lapse and its trajectory makes that pretty clear. Also, it seems there are a lot of vids out there showing strange objects that attract massive CME's when they get near the sun. Very cool vid, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This sure as hell sounds like Forrest Gump doing the commentary but there is nothing conclusive from the video whatsoever for me. It is a very strange anomaly for sure but that's all it is - an anomaly.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's big, where did it go?

I hope it's flying away from us!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm guessing it's one of the following...

1: Swamp Gas
2: Venus
3: Lens Flare
4: Airplane

Have I forgot any?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Don't be silly.
Airplanes don't fly that high anymore.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So....just so I get this straight....Is this video posted by the OP claiming that every time something comes close to the sun the sun ....acting like a conscious entity shoots CME's at whatever object it might be at that time. Like the sun is protecting it's "hood?"

The sun isn't conscious. And that wasn't a tractor beam coming from the object going towards the sun..or visa versa.

Can you say....r.e.f.l.e.c.t.i.o.n.?

Yeah..there are some really cool shots of the sun up close. And of objects approaching the sun. But the sun doesn't protect it's turf...
It is just a huge flaming ball of gasses that has no feelings, no thought process, nor animosity towards other planets, comets, asteroids ...etc...coming too close to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I'm guessing it's one of the following...

1: Swamp Gas
2: Venus
3: Lens Flare

Have I forgot any?

Yes.....a very obvious one...Chinese Lanterns!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Plenty.

The "cylinders" are probably debris...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

These small debris particles are brightly illuminated by the Sun, and are easily seen by the coronagraphs if they wander into the field of view. They are tremendously out-of-focus, and often appear as "donut" shapes in the COR1 and COR2 telescopes because of the central occulter in these telescopes. The bigger the piece of debris appears, the closer it is to the telescope. Because the COR1 and COR2 images are generally built up from a series of images, the same piece of debris will often show up multiple times.

The blacking out is due to the low quality images that are released initially by STEREO to keep up near real-time streaming...

More Info

The transit of Mercury is known and predictable.

This is the only source I can find at the moment but the info is accurate...I only mention the source as it's it's GLP...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Good day.

Below are listed the transits of the planets and some bright stars through the FOV of the STEREO spacecrafts' COR2 instruments for 2012.
The format is:
Date&Time of entry - Date&Time of exit Object Direction Notes
Date&Time are UT and are approximate: +/- a few hours.
This list is similar to the Sungrazer's list of transits for the SOHO spacecraft.

Mercury will transit during inferior and superior conjunction with the spacecraft. It is nearly invisible during inferior transits.

2012 STEREO COR2

Ahead:
12/29/11 23:00 - 01/03/12 03:00 Mercury L>R Dim, Inferior
01/10/12 14:00 - 01/20/12 22:00 Jupiter L>R
01/27/12 00:00 - 03/02/12 02:00 Venus R>L
01/31/12 - 02/03/12 Pleiades L>R
03/01/12 14:00 - 03/08/12 00:00 Mercury R>L Bright, Superior
04/01/12 - 04/09/12 M44 cluster L>R
04/22/12 21:00 - 04/30/12 20:00 Regulus L>R
05/12/12 05:00 - 05/13/12 16:00 Mercury L>R Dim, Inferior (Extreme Bottom of FOV)
06/13/12 14:00 - 06/20/12 17:00 Spica L>R
06/17/12 10:00 - 06/25/12 03:00 Saturn L>R
06/17/12 23:00 - 07/12/12 02:00 Mars L>R
06/21/12 06:00 - 07/04/12 00:00 Mercury R>L Bright, Superior
08/27/12 05:00 - 08/29/12 22:00 Mercury L>R Dim, Inferior
11/01/12 09:00 - 11/09/12 16:00 Mercury R>L Bright, Superior

I've highlighted the appropriate transit.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

The sun isn't conscious.

How do you know this to be fact?

The part about the sun "protecting its 'hood" made me laugh, as it does seem kind of ridiculous.... Then I saw your next sentence (quoted above) and stopped to think - nothing is impossible....

While I don't think this is some gigantic space ship getting shot at by the sun... Or a gigantic space ship that just happened to get blasted... Or a gigantic space ship period.... your post made me think. Maybe it's possible for the sun to detect large objects in it's neighborhood and those blasts are a sort of defense mechanism? This leads me to other questions....

*Shakes fist* Damn you ATS always making me think and stuff...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I'm sorry, but, this isn't what you think it is. It's definitely not a UFO, or anything associated with intelligently controlled spacecraft.

I think what you might mean is you seriously doubt it is a object of extra terrestrial origin?

You say it is definitely not a "Unidentified Flying Object" yet you never mention what it is? You must know what it is to make that distinction. Just saying, this is closed mindedness and is contagious.Its as dubious as saying it is a giant space ship without any proof.

I seriously do not know what it is be it artifacts, space debris, santa clause. However it appears unusual and does not have the pixelation one sees with artifacts. It looks like an object emitting some form of energy. However i have no data to map its coordinates.

Whomever said it is planets i had a good chuckle

So what is it?
edit on 11-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cwilson

Or maybe some magnetic reaction of some sort? Say this is a meteor rich in iron or magnetic materials with the opposite polarity of the sun?

Hmmm

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The universe is electric.Hence our Sun will react electrically to a very large object passing by it.I have seen many videos like this one, and the Sun reacts the same way.
edit on 11-3-2012 by November5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mabey possibly a satillite we have thats going around the sun. Wouldn't be close though or get vaperized. What ever it is got blasted by solar flars about 10 times. Interesting though.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Original video credit is to BeePeeOilDisaster

He's been spotting allot of strange things over the last year and is one of two channels i subscribe too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join