It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military unveils non-lethal heat ray weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is new one.
It's silent and [non-]deadly and destroy at a wide range.
Should be good...

A sensation of unbearable, sudden heat seems to come out of nowhere -- this wave, a strong electromagnetic beam, is the latest non-lethal weapon unveiled by the US military this week.

"You're not gonna see it, you're not gonna hear it, you're not gonna smell it: you're gonna feel it," explained US Marine Colonel Tracy Taffola, director the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate, Marine Corps Base Quantico, at a demonstration for members of the media.

US military unveils non-lethal heat ray weapon
edit on 11-3-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit of title, information, & Link:

Terms and Conditions
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

edit on 3/11/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Could this be another element of weaponry that HAARP could somehow bring on a wide, wide spectrum?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

non lethal weapon =/= death

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

This has been underdevelopment for a few years as I understand it. It's basically a big aim-able microwave oven that produces such an effect of burning, only penetrating not even a millimeter of skin, the targets have no choice but to run.
It's suppose to be a non-lethal crowd control weapon.

What'd be interesting to see is a similar microwave weapon that has the same effect of exploding things in the microwave oven, but instantly over distance. It'd be a great sniper weapon with enough range, and no worries about wind, or much by way of timing either.

A really scary scary weapon rumored under development is the one that puts voices in your head. I'm not sure how factual that is, or what it's called, but, I'll poke at google and see if anything comes up, then come back and edit/update.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yet another way to cook a hotdog.

leave behind your charcoal and lighter fluid

but don't forget to bring some dogs and buns when joining in or participating protests.

crowd dispersal my ace

that aint nothing more than a high-volume

boys and their toys seem to be building up to something .. what that is remains the question.

and I don't think crowd-size backyard BBQs or Hot Dog fests are the Answer. ?
?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by TimesUp

A really scary scary weapon rumored under development is the one that puts voices in your head. I'm not sure how factual that is, or what it's called, but, I'll poke at google and see if anything comes up, then come back and edit/update.

The voice creator has been around and is already in use. I live in NYC and a couple of years ago down in soho, there was a billboard utilizing this technology.

Let me try and google it,

here it is!

edit on 11-3-2012 by TimesUp because: details

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

awesome.
Used in advertising? That's insane.
If it's already in use in public advertising, just think the level of development such tech would operate at in security/military hardware.

What's next? A zombie ray-gun that basically turns you into a programmable puppet while under effect?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yeah, or maybe a rage type mantra in your head.
Maybe it could make whole cities go berserk and starting attacking each other.
Then the military will be "allowed" to come in and clean up.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Aluminum Shield
sheet metal screws:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Non-lethal, just like the non-lethal tasers and stun guns that cops are killing people with?

I wonder what the cancer rates are for this new weapon. There are known links to cancer from just our compact-fluorescent light bulbs, cell phones, and x-rays. It must be insanely high for this Active Denial System (ADS)!

This weapon fires electromagnetic radiation which can be felt by a human. Can We Acknowledge Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Yet? Sorry to plug a thread, but this ADS weapon sheds great credibility to it.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join