It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little AA battery trick they don't want you to know...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

funny, some say the same thing about those that study things like the bible
they deserve battery and should be kept in cells

ats is all about examining things and writing about it
deny ignorance eh

edit on 11-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Explains the makeup of the Lantern Battery a little. They must have started with AA cells later in the 90's. From what Wiki says They also used F cell which would be equivalent to a 32850 i think.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I know soldering tabs on rechargeable AAA and binding in series will replace many home cordless phone batteries- just use the plug and wires from the bad factory battery pack. There are so many things you can replace with normal rechargeable batteries it is ridiculous to list them all. Basic electricity and a little soldering time saves you a LOT of money.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

when I was a kid I beat on one with a hammer out of curiousity (I have always been that way).
It was just a big hunk of soft black stuff with hard black rods from the connectors going into the soft black stuff.
That was about 40 years ago. So were talking 70s technology being beaten to hell with a claw hammer. Still not very exciting.

Now hooking old car radios up to an electric cord and pluging it into 110volt socket that was a lot more fun!

they "come alive"

edit on 11-3-2012 by grubblesnert because: clarifrycashun

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Your right and wrong about this, They series Parallel the packs to double the Capacity. Example.

you have 32 Cells at 1.5 Volts a piece, to get 6 Volts from the group you parallel 8 cells into groups of 4 and than Series those 4 groups to get your final 6 Volts. Say each cell was 1000 Mah you get a total of 8000 Mah for the battery, which seems rather low for a 6Volt lantern cell. Most AA Alkaline cells are go from 500-1100 Mah at the top end. I assume they are using cheap 500 Mah cells totaling the 6 Volter to 8000 Mah capacity cells, which is low. These cells are a ripoff if they are being sold at the same price as their counterparts who have a Mah rating from 12,000-25,000 Mah ratings.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

funny, some say the same thing about those that study things like the bible
they deserve battery and should be kept in cells

ats is all about examining things and writing about it
deny ignorance eh

really a attack on christianity (Abrahamic religion attack) in a battery thread? priceless

edit on 11-3-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

None of the batteries in the debunk videos are the same brand battery as the one in the lnik. Therefore you have not debunked the vid at all. Assuming duracell make batteries the exact same way as energizer is well, an assumption. I mean you can't very well say all tires are made the same. I'm not convinced nor am I signing off on a debunk.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Exactly my point, in the from the 70's and earlyer they used a true 6 Volt cell, since the mid to later 80's some companies started to cheat by replacing the old cell with smaller D and F cells. I suppose to cheapen up costs of manufacturing for a start. but now they seem to be doing it to screw you over, i just found out myself they are using AA cells in them, thats a joke of you ask me.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by truetoform

None of the batteries in the debunk videos are the same brand battery as the one in the lnik. Therefore you have not debunked the vid at all. Assuming duracell make batteries the exact same way as energizer is well, an assumption. I mean you can't very well say all tires are made the same. I'm not convinced nor am I signing off on a debunk.

Agreed. If everyone is skeptical, Go out and waste money on the cheapest Lantern Battery you can find, cut it open and see what you get. Guaranteed its not a single cell, unless its a higher end quality battery and that im not sure of anymore, they may have quit making single celled 6 Volters for all i know.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000

Exactly my point, in the from the 70's and earlyer they used a true 6 Volt cell, since the mid to later 80's some companies started to cheat by replacing the old cell with smaller D and F cells. I suppose to cheapen up costs of manufacturing for a start. but now they seem to be doing it to screw you over, i just found out myself they are using AA cells in them, thats a joke of you ask me.
Seems if the manufactures want to be truthful and honest with the buyer they would simply shrink wrap the 1.6volts together That would save money and they could pass on the savings to the buyer. It appears the deception is a greater selling point than truthfully representing the product.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

just examining usefull ways of using cells
and battery

thats what the thread is about
Just so you know:
that wasn't an attack BTW
That was a Writebackatcha

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

just examining usefull ways of using cells
and battery

thats what the thread is about
Just so you know:
that wasn't an attack BTW
That was a Writebackatcha

This thread failed. it was a disinfo video, a joke about a 9v battery or what not. (joke). Deny ignorance and you push threads like this? So what is it? a writebackatcha or a defense? Stop deflecting and start accepting.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by Pegasus2000

Seems if the manufactures want to be truthful and honest with the buyer they would simply shrink wrap the 1.6volts together That would save money and they could pass on the savings to the buyer. It appears the deception is a greater selling point than truthfully representing the product.

Shrink wrapping in this case wouldn't work because one of the requirements for a lantern battery is it needs to be Durable. like i said earlier on in the thread i assume they started using D and F cells for cost effectiveness in the late 80's. With D and F cells you still have the same total cell capacity of 12,000-25,000Mah as any of the pre 80's cells. But with AA cells they have a reduced total capacity, possibly an economy battery for less $. I assume also they are now using AA for cost as well considering D and F cell's are slightly higher to manufacture.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
JR
like I said
if nothing else this thread has provided a new use for cells and battery
I guess at this point my only question now is what are you wired on?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This looks like the answer to all your battery dreams - New Gadget:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

TextSoon going for a run won't just help your fitness levels, it’ll give your phone a boost too thanks to an ingenious new inventionthat uses the air from your lungs to charge it. The clever piece of kit, dubbed the AIRE mask, harnesses the wind power created by breathing and converts it into electricity to run anything from your iPod to your mobile. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
This looks like the answer to all your battery dreams - New Gadget:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

TextSoon going for a run won't just help your fitness levels, it’ll give your phone a boost too thanks to an ingenious new inventionthat uses the air from your lungs to charge it. The clever piece of kit, dubbed the AIRE mask, harnesses the wind power created by breathing and converts it into electricity to run anything from your iPod to your mobile. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Interesting Concept, I'd like to see the performance parameters to see just what kind of current it produces.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
man i just read the initial post at the beginning.. so bummed its fake. But you honestly have to think a company isnt that stupid or wouldnt spend all there money to just make less money...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Gee, people find Something new and think OMG it's a trick. Well it's not.
Usually you'll find 4 cells in those lantern batteries. Slightly larger than a D Cell.

Now, if you really want an "Eye Opener", get one of those 12volt remote batteries and you'll find a stack of button cells. One on top of the other.

The is however manufacturers who are cheating and using an aa cell in a D cell battery. Mainly the rechargeable D cell.

What really worries me though, especially about this thread is, What The Hell Is The Big Deal? Who Cares?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Each AA battery has 1.5 volts of power. Hooked up in series, it would take only 4 AA batteries to put out 6 volts of power.

32 batteries hooked up in series would put out 48 volts of power.

Looks like this video is probably a hoax put out by the 6 volt battery lobby to increase sales by gullible bargain hunters.

4 lots of 8 AA in series connected in parallel will give 6volts at a higher amperage.= 32 AA batts. would work, dunno if this is how they makem though. (I wired some up and it works)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
The batteries themselves are good for at least 1500 charges and keep 80% of their charge unused for a year. Sanyo Eneloop and Sanyo charger.

wish they actually did last anywhere
as the advertising claims!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join