It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people have prophetic dreams? What does it mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I also experience this.

often I will have a mundane dream about nothing in particular. they are nothing I would consider eventful. yet, that event will unfold.

it is usually a five to ten second clip. I'm sure there is more but that's all I can seem to be able to retain.

it is more than déjà vu as it is a memory, not a feeling of "I feel like I've done this before" as they are moments that are mundane yet haven't taken place. ex. being given a ride home by someone you've never been inside a vehicle with. mundane event, but out of the normal routine.

I have had a few curious thoughts that I cannot back up.

- free will doesn't exist
- I've done this all before
- my brain is fabricating memories instantaneously
- consciousness is outside of space time and I am seeing future events (quantum properties of the brain)
- is it a guide, or a curse? what is it leading to? my death? one grand moment? perhaps the curse is that it has no meaning and by drawing meaning from, I am wasting time.

I thought I was the only one who experienced this until I read a paranormal thread on reddit.com/r/askreddit

do we all share a mental disorder that creates false memories or perhaps analyzes a situation for probabilities, creating the memory nanoseconds before the event takes place, prophecising the event nano seconds before placing it in long term memory.

I do not know what it is.

[Addition] I find the idea that someone proposed that perhaps it is the collective and not the individual extremely intriguing.

edit on 22-4-2017 by bluetrees because: not an edit, but an addition.

<< 1   >>

join