It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why do so many think the moon landings were fake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Everything seesm to have to be black or white and never grey.

I truly believe they went to, and landed on the moon because

1. Too many people were involved to keep it a secret all these years, someone would have found god/budda/mohammed by now and confessed all. Plus no deathbed confessions seem to point to no conspiracy.
2. The USSR, who then hated America and had spent millions of its own would have soon told the World of the fake, no amoiunt of US pleading could have prevented that.

Howver, I also believe that once they had got up there they realised

a. there was nothing of any value, so to convince the world the billions of dollars were not wasted they made up certain scenes in a movie set to try and make the expenditure worthwhile
b. The science of the day could not cope with the lunar conditions and the lunar rover, etc would not work so again certain scenes were faked to try and show off US technology.

a and b could be achieved with limited staff, so dont fall to the same argument as I used in my firts point, well not be as much anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Armstrong stepping on the moon
This movie is large, but worth the wait!
AVI format 3.001 Mb

Quick Time 2.984 Mb

Rammstein, Were all living in Amerika

this is good I would like to know if this was the same set that was used to hoax the moon landing
62.153.249.21... Windows Media player

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
Godservant :

what images were doctored ?

YRS - APE

The ones they show all over - the bad visor reflection, the defective crosshairs - ya know, the ones you can find on all the sites that say we didn't go to the moon. I think we DID go - but because there was something to hide from us little people, some interpret them as we faked the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Of course we went to the mooon! Suuuure!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Kind of hard to fake rocks that are not like anything found here on earth....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Kind of hard to fake rocks that are not like anything found here on earth....

yeah, really. that whole no water thing, real tough to fake.

although, i can understand why people are skeptical about it. the only people analyzing those samples are people with NASA or the like, people who will support moon landings, so its natural they'd say that, even if they werent very different (which they are).

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Superb little book called "Lost tribes and sunken continents", by Robert Wauchope, explains pyramids, UFOs, other exotic beliefs.

Bottom line: Some people want to be an expert at something. But it's too much work to be an expert at a thing which can be proven. So they become an expert at a thing which can't be proven.

It's easy. Find a bunch of other crackpots. Everybody states their il-informed theory. Everyone smiles and nods. Nobody asks for proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join