It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12: What would YOU do....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Here is a very serious question I would like to pose to my friends here on ATS.

Keep an open mind. I am not pushing for one specific answer or another. I am curious only.

Hypothetically, on the morning of 12/21/12, we make first contact with an alien species, who, descended to earth in a fantastic space ship.

The aliens communicate somehow GLOBALLY, in a language understood by all, and state, "We come in peace..."

What would you do?

If you were strongly religious (ANY religion)?

If you were agnostic?

If you were an atheist?

First thing that would come to mind is could it be Operation Bluebeam
Second thing would be to check out the authenticity of such an event
Third thing would be if it was Operation Bluebeam to warn others
Or if it was an authentic alien landing to listen and question

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
uhhhh why does ones religion dictate a response from aliens?

Religion started from the "heavens", that's also where it can end, or rather, transform. LEVEL UPP!

As for me (I'm spiritual, I do not follow any one religion specifically, but parts of all of them, as well as scientific logic and so on - jack of all trades), after meeting them in person and getting a loving vibe, and maybe making sure they didn't have any human sized crock pots in the back of their ship, I'd instantly think upon space-travel and alien women.
I would beg to join them to see the universe.
edit on 12/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

have you ever had a conversation with an ant?

i doubt it. probably the same deal with aliens that can casually travel the galaxy/ universe.

When you communicate with other life forms, it isn't like a conversation. I communicated with my dog and a bug that was on him this weekend.

Cross-species communication is pretty much about recognizing each other's presence, and then thinking about what the meaning of each other's forms are. Its about sharing emotion and sharing the moment as one group and appreciating the function of each other. When I communicate with animals, I don't learn about them, they teach me about myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First thing I would do is turn to my fiance and tell her "I told you so!"

Then I would probably have to console my son as he would probably be terrified.

Then I would pop a beer and watch as the screaming masses of people run for the hills thinking we are being invaded.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Personally, I have never understood why people think that aliens landing in a widely viewed public event would affect spiritual beliefs in any way. I would assume that there may be various crackpots in every religion and that their beliefs may be shaken, but there are some of us who call ourselves Christians who do not follow any specific churches religious dogma. Christ taught us to love and forgive one another and to treat others as you yourself would like to be treated. That is the basis of a Christian belief. There are many other things I believe differently than "mainstream Christianity" (i.e. I do not believe in hell), but this is not the thread for my beliefs.

To the point, if aliens landed and it was proven without a doubt that they were aliens and not Bluebeam or something else, I would likely watch from the sidelines like most of humanity and hope that they really were here in peace. I would hope along with my fellow brothers and sisters in humanity that perhaps their presence could nudge the world into a more peaceful and caring existance. That perhaps they could show us how to be "human" once more and care for each other instead of our shiny trinkets and idiotic bubbleheads on cable tv shows. That perhaps we could live in harmony with the land like the Native Americans did before our ancestors stole the land from them and tried to "ethnically cleanse" them from their existance. I would hope with everyone else that maybe they would bring new technology to help us all regain our health and get off the destructive prescriptions that big pharma pays our representatives to legislate us into taking. I would hope for all of this as well as continue in my daily prayers and giving thanks to my God - but I would still take a few days off to spend with my family...just in case.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I guess I am actually more curious from those who are diests ... specifically, those who are christian, muslim, and jews.

If all that you have ever known, believed, or otherwise, practiced, all of a sudden was wiped out by a "First Contact" with an extraterrestrial being, would it mean acceptance for you? Would you end your life? Would you lose your mind?

None of the above. I usually stay away from alien discussions as I don't believe in them, and think it is pointless to argue with those who do. I think that anything to do with aliens is a demonic illusion. If there is ever a big 'alien reveal', then it is just another sign of the times. I'd continue on doing what I do and warn those around me not to buy into the delusion and to ignore it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Star and Flag, phantomjack, you are very insightful, I have been reading you for a few days now. I am one who thinks what you said will really happen. I have seen visions of it, not that means anything to the reader. I believe that humanity will be taken off planet for the duration of the Polar Shift and Earth begins the Purification Process, a theory taught by the Hopi. I happen to know that 18 different species were in on this experiment, and that we, Humanity, all bear their DNA and Genes. So don't ever think Aliens do not exist, they are a great part of who we are, and all is connected. I believe there is a new world already built for humanity, but it is not as large as Earth. A created Reality there will be very blissful to all who are there, and Time will not be a factor. Earth will take 1000 years to again regain her stability in orbit, and her homoeostasis, and atmosphere will stabilize. Fauna will grow, and a pristine Earth will await new souls as they are born into human receptacles once again. This is a very old process, and will last forever, as far as anyone knows. No one knows who built it, or why, but the process is there for us to use. Earth is a school for Souls, plain and simple.
I know that Humanity is very important to those who know collectively as "ET." Some wish to gain control over our Soul Energy, and use it themselves, and other only wish to guide this Soul Energy to a Higher Level of Existence. As in any school, there are grades to accomplish before moving on. Some are still in Kindergarten, some are in Middle School, and some are nearing Graduation. Our DNA is constantly changing, and has been for 40 years now.
That being said, I would be one who greet the Aliens/ET Beings, and would act as an emissary of sorts, there would be many who will do this. I believe the only ones who will not make it will be very young souls, very angry souls, souls who live in Negativity, and those who have no personal Honor. Keep in mind here that many are brainwashed, and mind controlled, and these will not make it either, unless they suddenly wake up. There will be someone to guide every Soul, it may be a family member who has passed, or perhaps even an ET Being, but remember, in these Higher Planes, reality works much differently than here in 3D reality. There, whatever you think becomes a reality instantly.
Education in these matters is paramount to being prepared, in my considered opinion.
Thanks for a good posting. (Love your Avatar, Templar?)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I would hand them a bible and every other religious book that I have and ask how close to the story have we actually been....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would just glue myself to the news.

On another note, though, why would the aliens use telepathy? Unless you're presupposing that humanity has some hidden telepathic receiver (which is an entirely different conspiracy theory!), it would be easier to simply unload a drug into the atmosphere which makes us "just know" that they come in peace, i.e., provide us with the "feeling" rather than verbal communication.

Whether they're lying or not, they could force us to believe them. No amount of skeptical fortitude could prevent it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would stay home and board up my house and #...

I think a lot people will become dangerous. Either due to unable to cope with the truth or perhaps just a few criminals who thinks it's ok to rob, pillage or rape because it's anarchy times.

Either way, it'll get really dangerous for a brief period of time until the dust settles down.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
I would hand them a bible and every other religious book that I have and ask how close to the story have we actually been....

I like this approach, someone should be able to verify w/ patience.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I think if the scenario you described happened....the last thing on anyone's mind would be....."How would my religion want me to act "?

I am not so sure that is the case with most in the world. I think your statement is a result of the way you personally feel about religion? Instead, think of the masses who depend on religion in their daily lives...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I would hope that there would be peaceful communication between us and move forward to the next step. what ever that would be. But Im not real confidant that that is even a possibility, alien thing.. there really isnt any proof

That kind of lends itself to my topic -- particularly toward those who avidly do not believe or their religion prohibits them from even thinking about the possibility of other life in the universe.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
uhhhh why does ones religion dictate a response from aliens?

Well, because it clearly would negate most religious teachings and beliefs, almost immediately?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Personally, I have never understood why people think that aliens landing in a widely viewed public event would affect spiritual beliefs in any way. I would assume that there may be various crackpots in every religion and that their beliefs may be shaken, but there are some of us who call ourselves Christians who do not follow any specific churches religious dogma. Christ taught us to love and forgive one another and to treat others as you yourself would like to be treated. That is the basis of a Christian belief. There are many other things I believe differently than "mainstream Christianity" (i.e. I do not believe in hell), but this is not the thread for my beliefs.

To the point, if aliens landed and it was proven without a doubt that they were aliens and not Bluebeam or something else, I would likely watch from the sidelines like most of humanity and hope that they really were here in peace. I would hope along with my fellow brothers and sisters in humanity that perhaps their presence could nudge the world into a more peaceful and caring existance. That perhaps they could show us how to be "human" once more and care for each other instead of our shiny trinkets and idiotic bubbleheads on cable tv shows. That perhaps we could live in harmony with the land like the Native Americans did before our ancestors stole the land from them and tried to "ethnically cleanse" them from their existance. I would hope with everyone else that maybe they would bring new technology to help us all regain our health and get off the destructive prescriptions that big pharma pays our representatives to legislate us into taking. I would hope for all of this as well as continue in my daily prayers and giving thanks to my God - but I would still take a few days off to spend with my family...just in case.

But, as a Christian, wouldn't this type of event totally collapse everything you have been lead to believe about creation? About us being alone in the universe, created by God in HIS image?

That is specifically the point of my OP. Perhaps I may have worded it awkwardly.

So as a Christian, this really changes nothing?

With respect...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Star and Flag, phantomjack, you are very insightful, I have been reading you for a few days now. I am one who thinks what you said will really happen. I have seen visions of it, not that means anything to the reader. I believe that humanity will be taken off planet for the duration of the Polar Shift and Earth begins the Purification Process, a theory taught by the Hopi. I happen to know that 18 different species were in on this experiment, and that we, Humanity, all bear their DNA and Genes. So don't ever think Aliens do not exist, they are a great part of who we are, and all is connected. I believe there is a new world already built for humanity, but it is not as large as Earth. A created Reality there will be very blissful to all who are there, and Time will not be a factor. Earth will take 1000 years to again regain her stability in orbit, and her homoeostasis, and atmosphere will stabilize. Fauna will grow, and a pristine Earth will await new souls as they are born into human receptacles once again. This is a very old process, and will last forever, as far as anyone knows. No one knows who built it, or why, but the process is there for us to use. Earth is a school for Souls, plain and simple.
I know that Humanity is very important to those who know collectively as "ET." Some wish to gain control over our Soul Energy, and use it themselves, and other only wish to guide this Soul Energy to a Higher Level of Existence. As in any school, there are grades to accomplish before moving on. Some are still in Kindergarten, some are in Middle School, and some are nearing Graduation. Our DNA is constantly changing, and has been for 40 years now.
That being said, I would be one who greet the Aliens/ET Beings, and would act as an emissary of sorts, there would be many who will do this. I believe the only ones who will not make it will be very young souls, very angry souls, souls who live in Negativity, and those who have no personal Honor. Keep in mind here that many are brainwashed, and mind controlled, and these will not make it either, unless they suddenly wake up. There will be someone to guide every Soul, it may be a family member who has passed, or perhaps even an ET Being, but remember, in these Higher Planes, reality works much differently than here in 3D reality. There, whatever you think becomes a reality instantly.
Education in these matters is paramount to being prepared, in my considered opinion.
Thanks for a good posting. (Love your Avatar, Templar?)

Thank you AW.

My goal in this particular thread is to help expand the thoughts of many who are devout religious. There is a huge difference between religion and faith, and I feel bad for those who must use religion as their guide, when their heart, mind, and soul need to be their guide. IMHO, its ok for those who absolutely can not live without the "rail" that religion provides them. That's ok. As you have said, and with which I agree, those on the higher planes need to assist those who are yet not.

Yes, Templar. Its actually a photo of a gold coin I keep in my pocket at all times.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind

That's an interesting concept! Though, I think that if you combined all of them, and spit out a new book, you might find that we were all very close in all versions after all!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pondrthis
I would just glue myself to the news.

On another note, though, why would the aliens use telepathy? Unless you're presupposing that humanity has some hidden telepathic receiver (which is an entirely different conspiracy theory!), it would be easier to simply unload a drug into the atmosphere which makes us "just know" that they come in peace, i.e., provide us with the "feeling" rather than verbal communication.

Whether they're lying or not, they could force us to believe them. No amount of skeptical fortitude could prevent it.

Actually, I wasn't actually referring to telepathy, I guess, as we define it. I was actually suggesting that they would use a universal language, that all humans could interpret, though have never actually heard before. Like unlocking something hidden deep inside ourselves just for this very event.

I like drama....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I would think Project Bluebeam has finally come to pass and would be very skeptical.

This. I would wait to see if it's fake or not. Oh wait, it would be pretty much impossible to tell.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by signwearer

I'm all for alien visitation and advanced beings and technology but one "speaking in tongues" would be very suspect imho. Biblically suspect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join